The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hopefully i live until the end of August.

You will, yes you will. I’m sure of that! Just keep telling yourself, no more cray, annoying, disgruntled or rude people as of closing time August 31. 

I hope you’re going to celebrate in some fashion your first day of freedom. 

I am truly happy for you, tim. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Have a good day all .. it will soon be August and i will start counting down to when i will give my notice.  This last week has been particularly awful.  Every customer i had was from some Hell i do not want to get to in my life. More proof, leaving this job is right. Hopefully i live until the end of August.

You will.  Just focus on being home with your men!

Had a GOOD call today.  Pony I brought to the equine clinic a month ago is ready to come home. Of course, daddy called while I was in the dentist chair!

• Love 5
On 7/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, Page Scrawler said:

Work on Monday. Laundry and grocery shopping on Tuesday. Work again on Thursday and Friday. Might take my kid to see a movie on Saturday.  :)

Hi Page Scrawler nice to see you again

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Have a good day all .. it will soon be August and i will start counting down to when i will give my notice.  This last week has been particularly awful.  Every customer i had was from some Hell i do not want to get to in my life. More proof, leaving this job is right. Hopefully i live until the end of August.

tim take care August 31 will come soon enough for you. 

• Love 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

this is my week to work in the office i like working from home. 

this past week was helping my brother in law he tore out his knee and he had to have surgery. so it my chance to drive him to the Doctors office and surgery. He is better but still unable to drive.

getting ready for heat wave of 100 f here for the next few days. the joys of summer weather.

Stay cool

Have a Good Week

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

You will, yes you will. I’m sure of that! Just keep telling yourself, no more cray, annoying, disgruntled or rude people as of closing time August 31. 

I hope you’re going to celebrate in some fashion your first day of freedom. 

I am truly happy for you, tim. :) 

thanks... i am looking forward to that ...  no celebration plans.. not yet anyway

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

omg..lol.. idiots.  i'm sure if we got together we could write a book!  Michael sometime reads idiotic things customer's ask from some online site He likes. Example: From a waiter: Customer: I want a virgin screwdriver Waiter: Sure I'll bring you an orange juice  Customer: I dont want an orange juice. I want a virgin screwdriver!! Waiter: i put the order in and they charged her $7.95 for a glass of orange juice. 

Or.. What cheese is in the mozzarella sticks?

Or.. what kind of meat do you put in your chicken wings ..  hahahaa

The really frightening thing is those examples probably were real, not made up in some  writers mind

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Kitt said:

You will.  Just focus on being home with your men!

Had a GOOD call today.  Pony I brought to the equine clinic a month ago is ready to come home. Of course, daddy called while I was in the dentist chair!

okay i will  .. not a real chore that one

Awwwww Pony is okay!  That's good news. 

I've always been fascinated by horses.  I've been watching this guy on You Tube. He's really amazing with them. He learned a lot of his stuff while in the USA from various horsemen.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Oh lovely! County Faire starts today, horses move onto the showgrounds tomorrow, ( senior ranger agreed with me that horses and 1st night fireworks were NOT a good combo), and now the weather geeks are talking a heat wave, high 90's, high humidity, and heat indexes well over an hundred. Hope the power grid at the park will support the huge fans the horses will need!

Supposed to be a stinker for the next few days. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

thanks... i am looking forward to that ...  no celebration plans.. not yet anyway

It’s still early. Mike and Dan have time. Just saying… ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael sometime reads idiotic things customer's ask from some online site He likes.

An order that I prepared a few weeks ago: A customer wanted a Ceasar salad with

1. Balsamic dressing in place of Ceasar dressing

2. No croutons

3. No cheese

4. No lemon wedge

So, basically: A pile of wet lettuce on a plate.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, Page Scrawler said:

2. No croutons

3. No cheese

4. No lemon wedge

YUCK!

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

2. No croutons

3. No cheese

4. No lemon wedge

Did you upcharge for substitutions or special order? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Someone once ordered a salad that was mixed greens with bacon, sausage, and Prosciutto, dressed with Ranch. We couldn't do the sausage, because it would need to be warmed in the pizza oven first, and the pizza crew had too many orders to accommodate.  :lol:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

2. No croutons

3. No cheese

4. No lemon wedge

That's disgusting. I would have refused to do it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

@kbois thanks for an amazing story in the Secret Author.

The only one I guessed correctly.

Thanks Chris. I didn't try to change my writing style for this story. It was written for a reason, not to try out something new. I actually didn't want to write the story. I had to. I'm glad you got one right!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Thank you tim for writing such a wonderful story in the Secret Author.

Thanks for reading it and your wonderful comments.  You know you're a treasure around here, i hope. xoxo

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..