The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

erm, happy Monday, if there is such a thing ...  however, 'the Sun' is not a thing for most of the Canadian winter and in other countries either.  i think i saw the sun briefly for ten minutes the other afternoon before it got dark at 5:24pm.  That said, i just checked and we may see some sun today.. woohoo!!

image.png.9c4e4691853c0ae355c971eb0966106c.png

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

erm, happy Monday, if there is such a thing ...  however, 'the Sun' is not a thing for most of the Canadian winter and in other countries either.  i think i saw the sun briefly for ten minutes the other afternoon before it got dark at 5:24pm.  That said, i just checked and we may see some sun today.. woohoo!!

image.png.9c4e4691853c0ae355c971eb0966106c.png

It's very grey in Ohio during January too.  We've lucked out though and it's been very mild for the most part.  Mid 40s•F most of this week and some of last week.  Not bad for winter. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

It's very grey in Ohio during January too.  We've lucked out though and it's been very mild for the most part.  Mid 40s•F most of this week and some of last week.  Not bad for winter. 

It's been mild here as well. It was like spring yesterday, and it was sunny. We went out for a walk and it was very pleasant.

Hope you all have a happy Tuesday. i offer some advice from a favourite Stoic philosopher... 

image.png.cff99b36af80227a5294d999c339066b.png

• Love 5

So, off to the dentist for another extraction ... this one has been coming for a long time. It's the 2nd time in 2.5 years it's been infected and it just is useless. Can't chew on it so, it will be more comfortable in the long run to get rid of it.  Hate it though.. anyway, have a good day!!

image.png.68f4b90df08f449e242be9c837fe1f33.png

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, off to the dentist for another extraction ... this one has been coming for a long time. It's the 2nd time in 2.5 years it's been infected and it just is useless. Can't chew on it so, it will be more comfortable in the long run to get rid of it.  Hate it though.. anyway, have a good day!!

image.png.68f4b90df08f449e242be9c837fe1f33.png

Hope it went ok! 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hope it went ok! 

After a mild panic-attack, yes it was fine.  This time it was a molar on the upper left and i guess there's not a lot of room for the 8 injections of anesthetic so lots of it runs down your throat. That causes your tongue and throat to stop feeling anything and i found i couldn't breathe or swallow. Kinda freaked me out. After a few minutes and drinking water, it started to feel better.  I wish they'd tell you these things may happen so i don't need to have a melt down right there. The assistant and the Doc were nice and helped me calm down but a word to the wise would have been useful. Anyway, i'm okay, eating soft stuff for a few days.  Still on antibiotics and feel sort of meh but i'm doing fine.  Thanks for asking.

• Love 5

From His Holiness the Dalai Lama:

image.png.2644fcca614d4faa0ce28fa7d8df5736.png

Everyone have a good Friday... there is sun out now.. i'm going out to stand in it.  Have a good day.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

From His Holiness the Dalai Lama:

image.png.2644fcca614d4faa0ce28fa7d8df5736.png

Everyone have a good Friday... there is sun out now.. i'm going out to stand in it.  Have a good day.

They say maybe sun here tomorrow.  11 days over cast, no nice weekends since November. I think my toes are growing webs.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

They say maybe sun here tomorrow.  11 days over cast, no nice weekends since November. I think my toes are growing webs.

i know what you mean.. we had a week of fog so thick you couldn't see across the road.. it was cool for a bit but then became oppressive.   Hang in there, soon we'll be here complaining about the heat, Kitt.  LOL

• Love 3

Happy Birthday to Charles Dickens; author of wonderful, timeless stories and a champion of the poor.

image.png.a6b27a0f4fd8eb9be6e187388e7feb2d.png

This sounds easy but learning to value yourself, isn't an easy lesson.  That said, it's important to however, to find your own worth. Give yourself the same time and love as you'd offer to a friend.

Have a great Wednesday!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

This sounds easy but learning to value yourself, isn't an easy lesson. 

Little that is worthwhile is easy, but sometimes it would be nice. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

image.png.3ec11cf2cf413197ba6a459b21b28dab.png

Wow, thanks for the reminder.. I am awesome! LOL    Have a super, awesome day folks!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

So... good news. Yesterday I got a job offer and accepted. Being unemployed was getting tiresome, especially mentally. It can take a big toll. (But I had a brilliant friend to talk to 🩷)

I'm in a much better mindset today. The job is still in property management but at an RV resort instead of a mobile home park. Hubs and I drove through yesterday and it's really nice. It's only a couple of years old and it looks new. 

It'll be different but I'm looking forward to learning new stuff. Best of all it pays waaaayyyyy better than my old job. (That's the important stuff lol)

I hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

It'll be different but I'm looking forward to learning new stuff. Best of all it pays waaaayyyyy better than my old job. (That's the important stuff lol)

Wicked! i'm happy for you!!  More money is always nice too.  Looks like you don't need reminding about how awesome you are!   Congratulations!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.3ec11cf2cf413197ba6a459b21b28dab.png

Wow, thanks for the reminder.. I am awesome! LOL    Have a super, awesome day folks!

Thank you I really needed to see this. Have an amazing day.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

Thank you I really needed to see this. Have an amazing day.

You hang in there, honey. Cuz you are awesome and that's the truth!  xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

So... good news. Yesterday I got a job offer and accepted. Being unemployed was getting tiresome, especially mentally. It can take a big toll. (But I had a brilliant friend to talk to 🩷)

I'm in a much better mindset today. The job is still in property management but at an RV resort instead of a mobile home park. Hubs and I drove through yesterday and it's really nice. It's only a couple of years old and it looks new. 

Congratulations on your new job x

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..