The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Geez, i'm just full of info today.. more advice for any WFH peeps..

https://chrisbailey.com/my-fake-morning-commute/

This wasn’t what I first imagined it would be, which is good, because I think his fake morning commute is a splendid idea. 

Something tells me this might be good for weekends, too. 👍🏻👍🏻

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

This wasn’t what I first imagined it would be, which is good, because I think his fake morning commute is a splendid idea. 

Something tells me this might be good for weekends, too. 👍🏻👍🏻

You already walk a lot, but it's a brilliant idea.  I have been out walking more with Dan every day. It was cold out there today.. wow.  And tomorrow sounds kinda snowy maybe... we'll see.

Getting out makes a difference. .I've been sleeping better. Usually 7 hours rather than 4.. much better.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

You already walk a lot, but it's a brilliant idea.  I have been out walking more with Dan every day. It was cold out there today.. wow.  And tomorrow sounds kinda snowy maybe... we'll see.

Getting out makes a difference. .I've been sleeping better. Usually 7 hours rather than 4.. much better.

The sun was wonderful today. As for tomorrow, the shovel will be back in service, I'd say.

As for more walking, my neighbour in her 70s does that twice daily, so I decided to do a short on in the early a.m to see if that helps my "get up and go" get going better as I'm not a morning person in the slightest. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The sun was wonderful today. As for tomorrow, the shovel will be back in service, I'd say.

As for more walking, my neighbour in her 70s does that twice daily, so I decided to do a short on in the early a.m to see if that helps my "get up and go" get going better as I'm not a morning person in the slightest. 

Did it help your get up and go?  i have gone back to going to bed around 10pm.. and i get up between 630 and 7am.. i'm much happier that way.. don't fall asleep after dinner anymore.. i feel much better, but I've always been a morning person.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Did it help your get up and go?  i have gone back to going to bed around 10pm.. and i get up between 630 and 7am.. i'm much happier that way.. don't fall asleep after dinner anymore.. i feel much better, but I've always been a morning person.

It did, but it's probably also because I'm walking outside as being outside is a big part of it for me.

ETA: I think the walks act as an energy booster, though being dehydrated can cause fatigue too, so drink plenty of water.  Having said all that, there are nights I  still get hit with a wave of exhaustion, but that usually passes quite quickly.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

It did, but it's probably also because I'm walking outside as being outside is a big part of it for me.

ETA: I think the walks act as an energy booster, though being dehydrated can cause fatigue too, so drink plenty of water.  Having said all that, there are nights I  still get hit with a wave of exhaustion, but that usually passes quite quickly.

Yeah, not enough fluids can cause lots of problems...headaches are one for me. I don't carry water around with me, but i do drink a few glasses a day and then there's tea as well.  i know when i haven't for sure.

8 hours ago, kbois said:

**side-eyes @Reader1810**

yes i am a mutant ... but i do have some redeeming qualities. You can ask my Husband.  :D

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Thursday.  i am waiting for the snow to arrive!  They say around 1pm ... oh well, in the meantime,

image.png.f01b1cb4cd89cd01b318f28a9bb98997.png

• Love 3
On 2/15/2024 at 5:10 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Thursday.  i am waiting for the snow to arrive!  They say around 1pm ... oh well, in the meantime,

image.png.f01b1cb4cd89cd01b318f28a9bb98997.png

Cu negas hodiau? (Esperanto minus some accent letters I can’t reproduce)

Is it snowing today? 😝

Get snuggly and warm. Just make sure there’s enough food for Dan. 😏

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Cu negas hodiau? (Esperanto minus some accent letters I can’t reproduce)

Is it snowing today? 😝

Get snuggly and warm. Just make sure there’s enough food for Dan. 😏

It's trying to snow... we had some yesterday... but it was a mini blizzard, not the nice fluffy snow i hoped for. I'm disappointed.  We went out for breakfast and walked to the store this morning. Since the doctor said I had lost weight, I had two big pancakes with eggs and ham.  i will not need a snack today.  It's about 29F today, but there's very little wind... so I was hot on our walk. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's trying to snow... we had some yesterday... but it was a mini blizzard, not the nice fluffy snow i hoped for. I'm disappointed.  We went out for breakfast and walked to the store this morning. Since the doctor said I had lost weight, I had two big pancakes with eggs and ham.  i will not need a snack today.  It's about 29F today, but there's very little wind... so I was hot on our walk. 

Sorry to hear you got a blizzard, tim. Thankfully, I got the fluffy blanket, because that was much easier to shovel. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Sorry to hear you got a blizzard, tim. Thankfully, I got the fluffy blanket, because that was much easier to shovel. 

Glad you got the nicer stuff... there wasn't that much here really. And not a whole lot to shovel. I was just hoping to see lots of nice be fluffy flakes.. oh well.  :)

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, kbois said:

It's finally started to rain. About 5 hours later than today's hourly weather forecast predicted. 

New job starts on Monday. I'm looking forward to it!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

You enjoy your weekend too!  i hope your new job is great and that they come to appreciate you!  We expect a full report over the next week about how you like the new place and the people there!  :)

Please ensure you keep notes in case we have questions. :D

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Haha 4
13 hours ago, Kitt said:

< peeks out from under my quilt @ the window >

6" of wet heavy snow, but the roads are clear. Think I will just stay under here a while longer.

I've got my plan for tomorrow. Thanks, Kitt.  :)

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

Breast Cancer Love GIF by INTO ACTION

My mum and father in law died of cancer. It's hard. i hope the person you know is in good hands and getting the best care, if they are in treatment. i know people here have had it and beat it. Please reach out if you want a private word or say what you feel right here, or not, as well.

Whatever you decide, know you are loved and in our hearts and minds.  xoxo

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..