The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello DiC!
hope everyone had a good day

It turned out okay, but I got woken up at 4:15 a.m. by a knock at my door. Some idiot didn’t know or forgot the unit number of the person they were coming to see oh so early this morning. Seriously? 

I called the day guy who is basically the one in charge as far as I’m concerned to see what exactly was the protocol for visitors in my building.

The protocol:  security is required to ask visitors for the number of the unit they are visiting. Said number is then plugged into the system to bring up the unit owner/renter’s profile. Security is then supposed to call the phone number on the profile to confirm a visitor is expected. If yes, the visitor is then buzzed through the interior security door. The day guy is going to follow up with the one that was on last night to see if he did, in fact, call the visitee (yep, I just made that up :P) because that would be the only way this visitor should have been buzzed through. Strangely, I did not get a phone call, so either none was made or said visitor is a complete dingbat because she forgot the unit number on the way up in the elevator.Needless to say, the birds were singing (with their tiny 🎤 s, so I couldn’t get back to sleep. 

As luck would have it, one of our dear friends received awesome news today, so all is right with the world. :D 

As for the night security guy? He might be in trouble for not following protocol. Oops... He also should have been more apologetic about what transpired this morning. The whole point of installing an interior security door is to prevent - among other things - stuff like this, because the same thing happened (yeah twice now, lucky me :rolleyes:) before the door was in place. That time, the person went to the wrong building and it was just after midnight, which wasn’t so bad.

So molly, was that more than what you were asking for? :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Wow 4

28 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It turned out okay, but I got woken up at 4:15 a.m. by a knock at my door. Some idiot didn’t know or forgot the unit number of the person they were coming to see oh so early this morning. Seriously? 

I called the day guy who is basically the one in charge as far as I’m concerned to see what exactly was the protocol for visitors in my building.

The protocol:  security is required to ask visitors for the number of the unit they are visiting. Said number is then plugged into the system to bring up the unit owner/renter’s profile. Security is then supposed to call the phone number on the profile to confirm a visitor is expected. If yes, the visitor is then buzzed through the interior security door. The day guy is going to follow up with the one that was on last night to see if he did, in fact, call the visitee (yep, I just made that up :P) because that would be the only way this visitor should have been buzzed through. Strangely, I did not get a phone call, so either none was made or said visitor is a complete dingbat because she forgot the unit number on the way up in the elevator.Needless to say, the birds were singing (with their tiny 🎤 s, so I couldn’t get back to sleep. 

As luck would have it, one of our dear friends received awesome news today, so all is right with the world. :D 

As for the night security guy? He might be in trouble for not following protocol. Oops... He also should have been more apologetic about what transpired this morning. The whole point of installing an interior security door is to prevent - among other things - stuff like this, because the same thing happened (yeah twice now, lucky me :rolleyes:) before the door was in place. That time, the person went to the wrong building and it was just after midnight, which wasn’t so bad.

So molly, was that more than what you were asking for? :lol:

well...umm not really, no :facepalm:
are you planning on following up on what happens with the night guy?

the part about our dear friends news was the best part of your whole story, and the best part of my whole day

i hope tomorrow morning is much quieter for you :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

well...umm not really, no :facepalm:

the part about our dear friends news was the best part of your whole story, and the best part of my whole day

i hope tomorrow morning is much quieter for you :hug:

I didn’t think so, but once the babble monster struck it was full speed ahead and damn the torpedos. :P 

Yes, I would like to know what really happened, because it was just so ridiculous, and well, a big no no as far as maintaining the security of my building, and disruptive of my sleep, too. 

And, yes, @Mikiesboy‘s big news was the best part of my day as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

well @Reader1810 i hope it doesn't happen again

it's been a rough start to the week, except for @Mikiesboy news of course, so i'm off to drink my calm, brush my teeth and hair for bed
good night Sirs and friends, rest well

Good night molly...happy dreams 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

You really should @Reader1810 . You pay extra in your rent for security. You are entitled to a secure building, and having people wandering at unreasonable hours is NOT secure. No harm was done this time, but ...

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

You really should @Reader1810 . You pay extra in your rent for security. You are entitled to a secure building, and having people wandering at unreasonable hours is NOT secure. No harm was done this time, but ...

I will be, you can count on it. 

• Like 3

Hey, everybody. Hope you're all well. It got late for me last night... Or, actually, I was in bed a bit earlier than normal, but I stayed over with my ex cause it was bucketing down and I lacked an umbrella, and there was a bit more gin involved than I had planned. Just getting over my hangover now. It wasn't too bad, lol

Have a good day, everyone! :) 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, everybody. Hope you're all well. It got late for me last night... Or, actually, I was in bed a bit earlier than normal, but I stayed over with my ex cause it was bucketing down and I lacked an umbrella, and there was a bit more gin involved than I had planned. Just getting over my hangover now. It wasn't too bad, lol

Have a good day, everyone! :) 

Doesn't sound like the most fun evening.  If I had to stay over with my ex one of us probably wouldn't survive the night.

• Wow 4

30 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Doesn't sound like the most fun evening.  If I had to stay over with my ex one of us probably wouldn't survive the night.

Hehe, we get along well, tbh. I was seeing her and Paul at the same time (everyone involved knew about and was okay with everything, it was a polyamory thing). It ended mostly because we both struggle with stuff that made it difficult to be there for each other the way we both wanted to. We care about each other a lot and are good friends. We talked, made out a bit, it was nice. Though it would probably have been better for me if I'd gone home and not had so much gin, lol!

Going to sleep now, I have to get up early tomorrow for a thing. Goodnight, DiC!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hehe, we get along well, tbh. I was seeing her and Paul at the same time (everyone involved knew about and was okay with everything, it was a polyamory thing). It ended mostly because we both struggle with stuff that made it difficult to be there for each other the way we both wanted to. We care about each other a lot and are good friends. We talked, made out a bit, it was nice. Though it would probably have been better for me if I'd gone home and not had so much gin, lol!

Going to sleep now, I have to get up early tomorrow for a thing. Goodnight, DiC!

Good night Thorn...happy dreams 

As for me, it’s time to think about what to have for dinner. Hmm... :unsure: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..