The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It's because they got big name "straight" movie stars to play the major roles, which made it more palatable for mainstream viewers.

True.. it took a long time but Pose on FX is doing well. Most of the cast were non actors and the cast is largely transgender. Progress? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

THIS TIME????

i kind of wondered if anyone was going to pick up on that Fae
yes Sir, this time
early on, just after we were certified we had a  spectacular failure. it blew apart the test chamber (lexan box, popped the seams) set off car alarms in the parking lot, and got us a visit from Austin's finest and the fire department
the slow motion video was better than Hollywood CGI! even the customer was impressed with how it failed. but that's why we do it in the lab
the chamber was built inside a shipping container, with the engineers behind a blast shield, and we have safety protocols in place so that on one  no one gets hurt

Edited by mollyhousemouse
honest, i can spell
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i kind of wondered if anyone was going to pick up on that Fae
yes Sir, this time
early on, just after we were certified we had a  spectacular failure. it blew apart the test chamber (lexan box, popped the seams) set off car alarms in the parking lot, and got us a visit from Austin's finest and the fire department
the slow motion video was better than Hollywood CGI! even the customer was impressed with how it failed. but that's why we do it in the lab
the chamber was built inside a shipping container, with the engineers behind a blast shield, and we have safety protocols in place so that on one  no one gets hurt

I didn't question it, because I figured it was a common occurrence with the "booms" at your lab. However, I'm glad to hear that was an exception to the norm. I'd have to start worrying about your safety, girl.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I didn't question it, because I figured it was a common occurrence with the "booms" at your lab. However, I'm glad to hear that was an exception to the norm. I'd have to start worrying about your safety, girl.

thank You Sir
usually, by the time this testing happens, most products have been through enough other testing and evaluations that the "booms" don't happen

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thank You Sir
usually, by the time this testing happens, most products have been through enough other testing and evaluations that the "booms" don't happen

Sure they do - just contained the way the stuff is supposed to be!  But when you guys blow stuff up for a living, I guess it has to get noisy once in a while!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

It's because they got big name "straight" movie stars to play the major roles, which made it more palatable for mainstream viewers.

Ugh, this... You know, I read an article a while back on queer representation in films. It said that the only gay person to ever be nominated for an Oscar for playing a gay role is Ian McKellen in Gods and Monsters. That says a lot, I think.

• Like 3

Last week was a paper on a Supreme Court case. Analyzing it and running it through the "constitutional smell test." Interesting assignment. This week, is a PowerPoint presentation of 20 - 30 slides, explaining the electoral process in the United States, AND an analysis of the different major Political Parties. Include sources, and detail speaker notes.

This is hard. Trying to reign in my flaming Libertarian bias about how the Democrats and the Republicans are both shit and why our country sucks, is really hard to do.

Trying to get this done tonight, because I got plans this weekend. UGH. Gonna be a long night.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Last week was a paper on a Supreme Court case. Analyzing it and running it through the "constitutional smell test." Interesting assignment. This week, is a PowerPoint presentation of 20 - 30 slides, explaining the electoral process in the United States, AND an analysis of the different major Political Parties. Include sources, and detail speaker notes.

This is hard. Trying to reign in my flaming Libertarian bias about how the Democrats and the Republicans are both shit and why our country sucks, is really hard to do.

Trying to get this done tonight, because I got plans this weekend. UGH. Gonna be a long night.

sounds like a great learning experience on many levels
but i know you can do it!
plans for the weekend? that's good motivation :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Yes, it's an interesting learning experience. Currently sitting on a 98% in the class going into the grading of this last week. It's been an experience overall, and has made me pissed off that some of this stuff was never taught in High School.

i get that! 

2 minutes ago, Brayon said:

As for the plans this weekend... some Netflix and Chill, with just the chill, a couple bottles of wine, and some snuggles.

i'm so very happy for you! sounds like a good time 

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 4

• Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Yes, it's an interesting learning experience. Currently sitting on a 98% in the class going into the grading of this last week. It's been an experience overall, and has made me pissed off that some of this stuff was never taught in High School.

As for the plans this weekend... some Netflix and Chill, with just the chill, a couple bottles of wine, and some snuggles.

98% is awesome, A. Have a great weekend! :) 

• Like 5

• Site Moderator

Good night everyone.

Im home from the cottage after a great week of amazing weather and a wonderful visit with my brother and his family. I just wish I could have left my mosquito bites there instead of bringing them home...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Good night everyone.

Im home from the cottage after a great week of amazing weather and a wonderful visit with my brother and his family. I just wish I could have left my mosquito bites there instead of bringing them home...

good night Reader xo

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good night everyone.

good night Reader
sorry about the bug bites, but welcome back!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..