The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

It's 10 pm and still 87 degrees out.  

This weather feels like punishment from The Great Void 

Wish I could send you some rain and cool breezes - they have finally arrived - Starry. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Wish I could send you some rain and cool breezes - they have finally arrived - Starry. 

I wish the same.  Radar has nothing headed my way for the next little bit.  Ah well.  

At least I have central air.  Could be worse. 

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I wish the same.  Radar has nothing headed my way for the next little bit.  Ah well.  

At least I have central air.  Could be worse. 

True. I didn’t put the AC on until the thermostat was reading 83F. It’s off now, but it was sure nice when it was on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Why am I cooking brussel sprouts, you ask? Or, more importantly, why am I sharing this fact with you?

Well, it's a segue to say that sean and I have split. Some of you know, some of you may have guessed it, but I thought I'd let you know for sure. So, that means more cooking for me, and more than just a frozen burrito.

Mac, sorry to hear that. 

• Like 4

Ok I did my good deed for the day in all this heat. I sold tickets for a charity event to help kids and we raised over $1500.00 dollars so I’m well please. Just a short note the sad thing is my sweat has sweat - so taking a shower and cooking off. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

For the first time ever, I've cooked myself brussel sprouts. Don't know if I'm loving 'em, but it's not bad for a first attempt.

I like to throw them on a baking sheet, toss them in the oven at around 450* for a few mins, and covered in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Really good!

Why am I cooking brussel sprouts, you ask? Or, more importantly, why am I sharing this fact with you?

Well, it's a segue to say that sean and I have split. Some of you know, some of you may have guessed it, but I thought I'd let you know for sure. So, that means more cooking for me, and more than just a frozen burrito.

Oh, shit... sorry to hear that Mac. Virtual hugs.

2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Ah, damn. Sorry, it's hard to hear your news and know we can do nothing basically. The internet bring us into each other's lives yet, the distance, well, at times like this makes it hard to do anything to help. 

Quite true. Some of my best friends, who are more family than my blood family, live over 1000 to 3000 miles away, for those here in the USA and Canada. It maybe digital, but the feelings are still the same.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I like to throw them on a baking sheet, toss them in the oven at around 450* for a few mins, and covered in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Really good

Try this same recipe in a air fryer they are really good crispy. We love our air fryer. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Sorry to hear that, Mac.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, MacGreg said:

It's been a rough week, but each day a little better.

Sorry to hear about the split. Hope that things continue to get better for you as the days move forward.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Brayon said:

Oh, shit... sorry to hear that Mac. Virtual hugs.

11 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Ah, damn. Sorry, it's hard to hear your news and know we can do nothing basically. The internet bring us into each other's lives yet, the distance, well, at times like this makes it hard to do anything to help. 

Quite true. Some of my best friends, who are more family than my blood family, live over 1000 to 3000 miles away, for those here in the USA and Canada. It maybe digital, but the feelings are still the same.

Feel the same. We have a nice "family" here on this site; we share enough of our lives -- good and bad -- it's hard to not share in the joy and pain we feel as well.  They may be just words on a screen, but the feelings behind them - from all of us I'm sure - are real. :hug:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Having the connection, even over digital airwaves, is worth its weight in gold.

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..