The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
26 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I hope everyone has a better day today. Lovely blue sky out there at the moment. I think a walk is in order. 

I was out early this morning. The air is crisp, cool, and fresh, so enjoy your walk. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

We got a water filter some years ago from this company .. GTA Water. They have great products and service. Not sure they'd be useful for you. It's an easy hook up to the tap, or you can get them plumbed in of course. The water tastes much better and it's kinder to the environment. 

I use a Brita filter and it’s fine, though I don’t think the water has been treated with chlorine since the summer, so that might just a warm weather thing. Also, it’s chilled so that tastes better to me. I can’t convince my mother to drink anything but actual spring water - she’s determined she knows best (*sigh). 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

I saw a report online a while back about a post from social media. A mother and her young daughter had written chalk messages (positive words, phrases, images) on their driveway and sidewalk to brighten people’s days. The point of her post was to encourage others to do the same. I’ve seen a lot of that on my walks in recent days, and a I have to say, it makes me smile. 

I especially liked this question: why did the chicken cross the road? 

Spoiler

He was practicing social distancing. :P 

Have a great day everyone... :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I was out early this morning. The air is crisp, cool, and fresh, so enjoy your walk. 

Lovely here today, but a cold front is moving in and the wind chill tomorrow won't get above freezing.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Lovely here today, but a cold front is moving in and the wind chill tomorrow won't get above freezing.

According to the Weather Network, the temps will be in the 50s through to next Wednesday with little chance of rain until next Tuesday. I am looking forward to that forecast. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

According to the Weather Network, the temps will be in the 50s through to next Wednesday with little chance of rain until next Tuesday. I am looking forward to that forecast. 

We are supposed to start getting over 70 next week.  It'll be nice to have the windows open and freshen the house daily.  

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

We are supposed to start getting over 70 next week.  It'll be nice to have the windows open and freshen the house daily.  

Seventy sounds nice. Having the windows open is what I’ve been wishing for lately - getting tired of breathing canned air. 

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Seventy sounds nice. Having the windows open is what I’ve been wishing for lately - getting tired of breathing canned air. 

We always have the window open in at least the bedroom.. all year.  But some spring air will be welcome in the kitchen and living rooms. 

Good night, all. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Morning  all.

Has anyone heard from Mac recently? I have seen bits and pieces from others of our family who are being quiet ( Thorn!) But Mac...

Now and again, we share a few words. He is okay.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4

I love working from home ... but today things are not going well so far.   I was up early to do some overtime.  Logged on.. then one of the sessions i need to see customer's accounts etc... says "Your password is wrong."

Okay.  I've just logged onto windows and the other session with no issue.. it's the same password... same as it was yesterday and the day before.  Now, no, it is wrong.  What i said was not repeatable here.

So.. i sent an email to my boss at 7:15am ... said,  UGH... WTF. etc.  Need this fixing, today because my next shift is Sunday.  (no tech support on sundays).  So, either he gets on it today.. or i may just be off on Sunday.

What happened between me signing off last night and this morning, I do not f'g know.

So, i did some work on editing my anthology story.

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, i did some work on editing my anthology story

Bosses loss is our gain!

I know you're not much on platitudes, but ...

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
12 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

We always have the window open in at least the bedroom.. all year.  But some spring air will be welcome in the kitchen and living rooms. 

Good night, all. 

I can’t do that, because I need it to be warm to sleep otherwise I’d just be waking up because I’m cold. I have heard it’s good for sleeping, but something in me says nope, it’s not good for you. Maybe, I’m just weird...

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I can’t do that, because I need it to be warm to sleep otherwise I’d just be waking up because I’m cold. I have heard it’s good for sleeping, but something in me says nope, it’s not good for you. Maybe, I’m just weird...

We have a nice duvet for winter and well, Michael is very warm, so i'm not cold. But it is freezing in there sometimes, but we sleep well.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

For me, nothing better than cuddling or bundling under covers in a freezing room.

I LOVE that. I love being warm, snuggled up with someone(s) in a really cold room. Mmmm.

Maybe that's why I love camping in the Spring and Fall so much.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Nope. Or I'm weird too.  Also have heard a colder room is best for sleeping but it just makes me wake up stiff and needing to toilet lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Wind chill was below freezing all day today; high's in the upper 80's F by early next week.

• Like 2

so, being here with EVERYONE at home we've watched 3 movies in the last 3 nights

Shazam, really good. lots of laughs! i'd watch it again
Birds of Prey,  only meh. kinda sorry i had to sit through it
Rise of Skywalker, really really good, i'm glad we own it

hope everyone had a good day, and has a good night
see y'all tomorrow

• Like 3

Well... after wasting the morning .. my boss waited until 3:30 to get my password... then when i logged on at 4pm (on my day off but the temp password is good only for a few hours) the issue was even worse than it was earlier .. now i am blocked from both sessions, not just one.  I didn't even have a chance to enter a password.

I'm fairly sure i will not be working on Sunday and possibly part or most of the day on Monday. Wednesday from 1 to 4pm.. they are messing with the hydro in the building.

However, dinner was nice and we watched Joker.  It was pretty good.

I hope you have a good night and a good day tomorrow.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..