The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

thanks ... last few days have been okay...and i've been working some OT... but i have a  few things need doing and well i'll do them over these few days... have to clean the oven, taxes need doing, and the bedroom closet.. i'm afraid to go in there cuz i may never find my way back...LOL

sounds like a wonderfully doable "To Do" list!

• Like 3

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

so how was your day? here in Ohio it was cold and breezy. the dogs have finally got used to us being home all the time. after supper i went for a walk the fresh air and sunshine improved my mood. 
Wishing everyone a Good Night And have a Nice Evening 

Stay Safe

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Brayon said:

The voices in my head are telling me to start a new project. A story about how an Author falls in love with one of his story Characters.

You're going to enjoy next month's Ask An Author. Put it to bed yesterday.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

don't think today will be a good one ... hope yours is

:hug: Hugs tim.

52 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You're going to enjoy next month's Ask An Author. Put it to bed yesterday.

I can't wait.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

With the Covid-19 restrictions in play, my every other day visit with Mom, has turned into random phone calls, and a once a week drop off of stuff for her. Can't enter the building, so I have to wait out front for a staff member to pic up her stuff, and then they have to wipe it down before she gets it. I'm glad the facility she lives in is taking all these precautions. But it has disrupted our routine, and she's non-to-happy about that. She didn't even get to see me on my BDay.

• Sad 5
  • Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Oklahoma - where, "the wind comes sweeping down the plains" isn't just lyric metaphor.  Constant wind of 24mph w. gusts up to 39mph most of the afternoon.

Just got back from a walk. Sunny but cold (41F, but feeling like 30F) same wind as you, but wind gusts only up to 27mph. 

On a happier note, I was pleased to discover my grade six teacher (best teacher I’ve ever had) has a school in my hometown named after him. He totally deserves that honour, imo. :D 

• Like 4

good night Sirs
good night friends
it was an incredibly busy day, but we had a mostly positive "All Hands Meeting" today

@Fae Briona i hope the weather calms a bit for you
@Reader1810 that is a very cool tidbit about your teacher
@Brayon so very sorry you haven't been able to see Mom, even knowing that "It's for the best" doesn't help any. maybe, one of the caregivers can bring her to the door so you can wave and blow kisses?  :hug:

now i'm off to bed
i hope you all have a good night, see you tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Brayon so very sorry you haven't been able to see Mom, even knowing that "It's for the best" doesn't help any. maybe, one of the caregivers can bring her to the door so you can wave and blow kisses?  :hug:

Thanks, miss molly. We wave at each other from across the lobby, so we have that at least. Sleep well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Brayon said:

Thanks, miss molly. We wave at each other from across the lobby, so we have that at least. Sleep well. 

Is her room on the ground floor? Around here peeps have been settling in lawn chairs outside the loved ones windows and talking by telephone 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Is her room on the ground floor? Around here peeps have been settling in lawn chairs outside the loved ones windows and talking by telephone 

Her room isn't where I can get to, to look in the window. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..