Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

5 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

LOL, if they're featuring a Viking in a 'juletræ' suit and a Lapp in a reindeer hat, at least they could have used a Nordic greeting. Thanks, Bucket.

Thanks, buddy.

Thanks, Val, you too. It's been good so far. :yes: 

Thanks, Page.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas Day, whether or not you celebrate it. :hug: 

Merry Christmas Tim

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Yes, Wegmans.  They carry it around the holidays.  Price Chopper and Market 32 are east of here.  We don't have them in this area. 

Ok... I knew it was one of those two. Price Chopper/Market32 are in Connecticut and Wegman's is New York's Publix as one of our neighbors (from the Buffalo area) say that Publix is Florida's Wegman's! Heard Wegman's is thinking about going into Florida, but Publix is #1 supermarket in Florida. Even WalMart is not successful in groceries in Florida.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2019 at 12:08 PM, Headstall said:

I have cookies and fudge and chocolates, but they for my kids and grandkids on Christmas Day. I can't have any. :huh: 

Got some cookies baking...half the guests are here...Dennis is at the airport waiting for his brother, sister in law and their kids to get in. Brother had to work until midnight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 12/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Page Scrawler said:

For dinner tomorrow, Appetizers will be Mac and cheese bites, bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts with a maple-Dijon glaze, and cocktail wieners. For the main meal, meatballs in marinara sauce with sub rolls and cheese. And of course, for dessert: Red velvet Cheesecake, and an assortment of cookies.

Here we are having ham with raisin sauce, glazed carrots, sweet potato casserole, and Dennis' mom brought homemade pecan and homemade sweet potato pies. Waiting for Dennis' brother (not the one flying in, but the one driving in from Orlando) as they are bring more food. Jordan and Kipp opened a present earlier. Legos!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 12/23/2019 at 6:29 PM, Page Scrawler said:

If I eat any now, I know that it will be "Ohhhh, just one more...and maybe another...and another." Until there are no more cookies to serve.   :/

Who is at your house?  It's nice having family and friends here. I'm glad our house is big and on 7 acres... Our neighbors came over with fruitcakes and plum pudding!! They are nice...Our other neighbor is a bunch of homophobic morons! When we adopted Kipp, his sister and brother, the father said, 'Worse thing they allowed you to have them.'. I had to clean it up for here...

Most of the people on the street are nice...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/23/2019 at 6:36 PM, dughlas said:

Ohhh, I see. I've had a few, 2 or 3 of one kind, 1 of another, a handful of another. Plenty remain even having made of trays of cookies to share. We made 19 varieties and most made 4 or 5 dozen. Yep plenty of cookies.

You can't have plenty of cookies...

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

To celebrate this wonderful holiday season, I've decided to give each one of you a glitter nuke! Except for @Page Scrawler and @Valkyrie

Page, cause he said he didn't want any nukes. So instead he'll get a better gift: to become an honorary resident of Texas!

Val, cause I don't want her using nukes against Tsar Steve. Instead, for her gift, I'll ask @wildone to pardon her. :P

Texas is as great as Florida... I love the Lone Star State!!

• Love 3

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Ok... I knew it was one of those two. Price Chopper/Market32 are in Connecticut and Wegman's is New York's Publix as one of our neighbors (from the Buffalo area) say that Publix is Florida's Wegman's! Heard Wegman's is thinking about going into Florida, but Publix is #1 supermarket in Florida. Even WalMart is not successful in groceries in Florida.

Wegmans is based in Rochester and is in the western half of the state, plus several other states.  There's a non-compete agreement with Price Chopper that they don't go east of Syracuse.  

Edited by Valkyrie
I don't know the difference between east and west apparently.
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..