Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

Rather than reply separately to all of your individual wishes, let me just wish each and everyone of you a happy Easter. :hug: 

220px-Ostara_by_Johannes_Gehrts.jpg

"Old English Eōstre continues into modern English as Easter and derives from Proto-Germanic *austrōn meaning 'dawn', itself a descendant of the Proto-Indo-European root *aus-, meaning 'to shine' (modern English east also derives from this root).

Writing in the 8th century, the Anglo-Saxon monk Bede describes Ēostre as the name of an Old English goddess: "Eosturmonath has a name which is now translated "Paschal month", and which was once called after a goddess of theirs named Eostre, in whose honour feasts were celebrated in that month. Now they designate that Paschal season by her name, calling the joys of the new rite by the time-honoured name of the old observance."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Easter

Edited by Marty
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I think the club house should have Easter Dinner

A lovely idea. Morgan and I already had brunch, though.  :)

Baked ham, quiche Lorraine, cinnamon rolls, and cheesy potatoes, with Mojito mocktails.   :yes:

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..