Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

54 minutes ago, Marty said:

Here's my week 5 offering of my challenge to upload a new black and white photograph every week for 52 weeks.

Taken yesterday, it's a view of the inside of the upper story of the old cottage.

Hide contents

05/52 The Old Cottage (3)

You'll notice light coming in through the left hand side of the roof. That's because of the missing slate that I mentioned last week. There's also a slate missing, and one broken, in the far room on the same side of the roof. The roof timbers themselves don't look to be in too bad a shape, so initially I'm planning to just get the missing and damaged slates replaced, just to make the roof watertight. The ceiling looks a mess, but it should be easy enough to strip all the loose ceiling slats that are hanging down (easy, but potentially very messy).

Most of the mess on the floor is the old plaster from the walls. If you think it looks bad in this photograph, you should have seen how bad it was before I swept the most of it out! :rofl:

Looks awesome, Marty. I'm sure it will be charming once you're done.The timbers appear substantial. :heart: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..