Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

3 hours ago, clochette said:

Hi all,

I'll be away for a little while. I don't know how long. I might check around here sometimes, lurking in the background but will probably not socialize. 

The moment me and my family were aware was coming but still thought we'd had more time has arrived. Early morning we called 911 as mom suddenly had a lot of trouble breathing and not responding. She's settled in a single room in the ER now. She's unconscious. We're respecting her choice of no invasive treatment/DNR and holding her hand. 

You guys are an important part of my life, a breath of fresh air, a light at the end of the tunnel (even if some of you put cheese with Nutella, like cauli pizza crust or hairless sweets :P ) and I love you so much. 

We love you to Clo :kiss:

• Love 5
3 hours ago, clochette said:

Hi all,

I'll be away for a little while. I don't know how long. I might check around here sometimes, lurking in the background but will probably not socialize. 

The moment me and my family were aware was coming but still thought we'd had more time has arrived. Early morning we called 911 as mom suddenly had a lot of trouble breathing and not responding. She's settled in a single room in the ER now. She's unconscious. We're respecting her choice of no invasive treatment/DNR and holding her hand. 

You guys are an important part of my life, a breath of fresh air, a light at the end of the tunnel (even if some of you put cheese with Nutella, like cauli pizza crust or hairless sweets :P ) and I love you so much. 

We will be here when you need us until then I send my love and prayers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

Greetings Albert. I'm not as well as I would like nor as bad as I might be. Resting quietly is keeping the pain mostly at bay.

For some reason, the first part of your reply reminded me of the following Scottish saying:

Here's to you, as good as you are,
And here's to me, as bad as I am.
But as bad as I am, and as good as you are,
I'm as good as you are, as bad as I am.

I've heard it used as a toast, instead of simply "Cheers!"

0:) 

Edited by Marty
Clarification
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Marty said:

G'day, dughlas. :hug:

The morning here has been reasonably warm and sunny. But Met Éireann (the Irish Weather Service) have issued a Status Orange warning that my county (and others) could experience intense thundery downpours today, in excess of 50mm (2 inches), which may lead to surface flooding. :o :yes:

Currently 13:36 hours, and no sign of rain yet....

Hey, Marty. :hug:  Pleasant day here. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..