Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

3 hours ago, Marty said:

I forgot to mention the strawberries. The ones I transplanted from pots haven't produced much this year but, once they've settled in, they should hopefully do really well next year. There's a patch of wild strawberries that have been reasonably productive, though; and there's more in the abandoned garden next door. Not enough to make jam, but plenty enough to add to my breakfast cereal or porridge each morning for the past month or so. They're rapidly coming to the end of their season now; but the wild blackberries should start to ripen around the middle or end of August.

Fresh wild strawberries sounds like a great way to start the day

• Like 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Two in my backyard this evening. They kept squabbling... one kept chasing the other away when it got too close, but they mostly kept on eating. I see turkeys most days... they like the left over grain on the ground I feed the horse, but they also like whatever is in my lawn. :) 

My dad called the other day and mentioned that a turkey has been roosting in a poplar tree in the backyard recently. Not every night, but on-and-off, for the past couple of weeks.  :D 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:kiss::hug:

Hey, Bertie.  :hug:  :kiss:  How are you and Steve?  :)

4 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Albert. :hug:  :kiss: 

Hey, Gary.  :hug: How are things with you? And Cookie and Falkor?

15 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Today is far more moderate than the past couple. It is 90/32° with just 48% humidity making it feel like 92/33°.

Hey, Dugh and Thistle.  :hug:  *scratches Thistle behind the ears*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..