Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

50 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Dad has severe back issues and looks as if he might be in a wheelchair from now on. It is a bit unclear as I didn’t speak to the doctor but possibly a collapsed vertebrae causing nerve damage. He has gone from the most mobile resident to the most restricted in a matter of days.

i am really feeling the distance now he lives near my sister :( 

:hug:  :kiss: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Yesterday was the 33rd anniversary of my father's death. He would be 101 if he were still alive today.

Here's a photograph that was taken in 2013 of his eight children stood beside his grave. His age shown on the headstone is incorrect; he was actually 69 when he died.

dad.jpg

Notice they stuck you way in the back.

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Dad has severe back issues and looks as if he might be in a wheelchair from now on. It is a bit unclear as I didn’t speak to the doctor but possibly a collapsed vertebrae causing nerve damage. He has gone from the most mobile resident to the most restricted in a matter of days.

i am really feeling the distance now he lives near my sister :( 

I can understand the frustration with being a distance away. When I'm at my home in PA mum is over 600 miles/965km away and when I'm with her in SC dad is the one out of reach.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Marty how is things in Marty's happy garden?

Coming along nicely, thanks. :thumbup:

The lawn could do with a cut, but we had rain overnight and the grass is still damp. Hopefully it will be dry tonight and tomorrow. :) 

• Like 5

Today is another hot one. Currently at noon it is 87/30° but the 62% humidity makes it feel like 94/34°. We are under heat advisory until 8pm this evening because the forecast is for heat index of 100/38°+. Additionally we've been placed under a severe t-storm watch until 7pm.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

I agree with Tim. I've been enjoying the story too.

And leaving some great comments. :yes:  I'm not leaving comments, because I've edited several chapters ahead and I'm afraid to make spoilers. :X

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Thanks for the heads up, Tim. Just read the first chapter on foot of your recommendation. Definitely looks good. :thumbup:

I bet you can relate to the old cottage parts :lol: , they did make me think of you too - I thought you were already reading the story, or I would have included you too in my plug for the story. :*) 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..