Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

7 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Bells dont grow here very well but we have other peppers:yes:

Any sort of pepper needs to be grown under cover here in Ireland. Glasshouse or polytunnel. :yes:

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Headstall said:

OMG! I love all the wood mouldings! Especially the ceilings and windows... your home is beautiful, Marty! The strippers are nice too. ;) 

I love the wooden trim, too. And that's a very handsome staircase in the hallway.   :yes: 

2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

We have jalapeno, poblano, pepperoncini and thai birds cry:yes:

Morgan planted Pimento, Jalapeno, and Shishito peppers. Hamburgers stuffed with Pimento cheese....YUM!  :o 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Marty said:

They're good kids, though. Not a word of complaint each time they've helped me in the house. And really hard workers. :)

Mickey and Remy have been on several camping trips already. I think they're happy to finally be outside. I've been spending a lot more time outside myself, weeding and tending the yard.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Marty said:

South Georgia Island, in the South Atlantic Ocean between Argentina and Antarctica.

Interesting article on the BBC website:
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20200720-an-abandoned-british-island-reclaimed-by-nature

(Although the photograph above might excite our @Valkyrie, the article isn't only about penguins ;))

Great article, Marty. Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is the recipe I use 

Blistered Shishito Peppers*****

1 lb. shishito peppers
2-3 tbsp avocado oil or other flavorless oil
3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
2 tsp Morton Coarse Sea Salt
1 squeeze of lemon

Heat the oil to a heavy-bottom pan over medium heat.
Add your garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove garlic.
Add the peppers. Let them blister/char on all sides.
Finish with Morton Coarse Sea Salt.
Notes
The more blistered you get the peppers, the more delicious they are! Try and get them charred all over.
Finish with the sea salt and squeeze of lemon immediately while the peppers are still warm for best results.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..