Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

54 minutes ago, Marty said:

Past few days have been mild (for Ireland), dry, and sunny. Great weather for garden work.

After being a wee bit naughty this morning, and popping just over the border into Northern Ireland to post a birthday card to a grand-niece in England who will be 3 years old on Saturday (as mail can take forever to get between the Republic of Ireland and England at the moment), I started the bonfire of all the ivy, Russian vine, and branches cut from the boundary hedge when I got back home. I'm slowly gathering branches, etc, from all round the garden to dispose of on it. I reckon I'll have to continue that job tomorrow. But there should be enough heat left in the embers to rekindle the fire. :yes: 

Make sure you don't catch yourself on fire. :P 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I tend to be extra careful when it comes to fires and the burning of things.

My own mother suffered quite severe burns when her nightdress caught fire a number of years before I was born. She was looking in a mirror hung over the mantelpiece whilst brushing her hair, and was lucky to survive. Her sister rolled her into the fireside mat to smother the flames. Apparently the hospital didn't expect her to survive. They used the newly discovered penicillin to prevent infections entering through the burnt areas of skin, and she needed extensive skin grafts. Her left leg and arm were both badly scarred, but she was fortunate that she could cover those with long sleeved blouses and dresses (she tended to wear trousers in her later years). She was also fortunate that the flames didn't burn her face. She used to tell us that one day whilst she was in hospital drifting in and out of consciousness, she heard someone laughing outside the door, and someone else say: "Hush! That poor girl the other side of the door is dying!" And that's when she decided that she had to prove them wrong.

God bless your mom for being so strong. :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Sorry to hear about your mother Marty:kiss: We were in Boston and went to the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow house his wife was sealing letters with sealing wax and her dress caught fire and she died 3 days latter :yes:

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Tink. :hug:  I haven't been that skinny in years. :( 

Yeah he is, we can see his ribs. I'd need to put some weight on him ;)

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Chapter 10 about half written, but I am really struggling to find motivation. I just don't seem to care whether it ever gets finished. I'm blaming it on the Feb/March blues... S.A.D. :( 

:hug:  :kiss:  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..