Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

4 minutes ago, clochette said:

If I'd loose the sense of taste i think I'd eat a spicy pepper to see if i really can't taste it and see how my body react :gikkle:

Spiciness actually isn't a flavor. It's triggered by pain receptors, not taste buds, so, yes, you'd definitely have a reaction.  :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Spiciness actually isn't a flavor. It's triggered by pain receptors, not taste buds, so, yes, you'd definitely have a reaction.  :unsure:

Good point lad.

8 hours ago, clochette said:

You're killing my fun Pagey -_- :P

You can still eat that hot spicy pepper. It wouldn't have any flavour but it would still burn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

She told me she just realized she lost her sense of smell and taste.  She's not sure when it happened.  

That's not an uncommon side-effect of coronavirus, I understand. But it's apparently not a permanent thing. My niece, her husband, and two of their four children were infected earlier this year and lost their sense of smell for a while. For a while, they had to ask the oldest (10 year old) child to sniff the baby's nappy (diaper) to see if it needed changing. :o 

• Haha 5
15 hours ago, Marty said:

I had a cheese, cucumber, tomato, and lettuce double-decker sandwich before a Zoom meeting earlier this evening (and actually ate it as I was video chatting one of my sisters on WhatsApp). It's 11:00pm now, so won't have an actual dinner tonight. But I'm planning on sardines on toast for supper.

The Devil's work...

• Haha 4
15 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

My mom continues to feel better.  She's still exhausted, but feels better than she did on Monday.  We're thinking that was the worst day and she's on the mend.  Her oxygen levels continue to dip at times, but they go back up to normal levels when she rests. 

:hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..