Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  140 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 hour ago, Higster said:

Why not worms? Are they not tasty to you, they're called mealworms because you eat them like chips right? :P

I would like to stockpile something bigger than mealworms...

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Mickey is spending the weekend with us. He made waffles and sausages for dinner. God Bless that kid.  :heart:

Yummmmm ... breakfast for supper.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Sigh, the day started out really well, in spite of rain. I was even getting some writing done. But I just saw on the (Danish) news that one of Denmark's best marathon runners (who won the London Marathon in 1988 and came 2nd in the Berlin Marathon in 1986) dropped dead from a heart attack while on his daily 10 km run Saturday. Last year he was celebrated in London for the 30th anniversary of his win, and he said: "To me living is about moving, and I'll keep moving till I drop." Henrik Jørgensen was only 57. :o Scary when you're 55 and unfit like me.

There have been a number of uber healthy men who've had massive heart attacks while engaging in their normal routine. It's often a genetic issue. My cousin by marriage has a family history of males having heart attacks is their mid-50's. Him included. Fortunately he survived. His father and an uncle did not.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, bignick said:

there are little things you can do to stay healthy: eat properly, sleep the minimum required, say NO to stress, do check ups regularly.

All in all, take care of yourself. :hug:

Nurse Nickypooh :wub: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Lip Locked like a pair of lips on a frozen Flag pole...:lol: Their favorite words this weekend are...SMACK, SMACK...KISS and UMMMMM...insert a name in the Blank..._____________________:rofl::rofl::whistle::blushing:

Newlyweds :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

So cute when you get all protective :P

You should see him when he gets jealous. :blushing:

32 minutes ago, clochette said:

Nurse Nickypooh :wub: 

Exactly! People only notice hot doctors. But they ignore hot nurses. :rolleyes: That reminds me... Gary, it's time for your sponge bath. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Sigh, the day started out really well, in spite of rain. I was even getting some writing done. But I just saw on the (Danish) news that one of Denmark's best marathon runners (who won the London Marathon in 1988 and came 2nd in the Berlin Marathon in 1986) dropped dead from a heart attack while on his daily 10 km run Saturday. Last year he was celebrated in London for the 30th anniversary of his win, and he said: "To me living is about moving, and I'll keep moving till I drop." Henrik Jørgensen was only 57. :o Scary when you're 55 and unfit like me.

Yikes. That's so sad. :(   Sorry, Tim... it's so hard when we lose a hero, especially at such a young age. I still mourn Terry Fox. :hug: 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..