CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

39 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Purple Tea

And it's not a bad drop…

I do like the traditional method with sugar and honey - yes you need both

• Love 5

26 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I never heard of purple tea.  Where is it grown?  I do like the look of it. How does it taste?

Tropical south east Asia - it’s a vine and you brew the dried flowers. It is great as a tea but for Star Wars fans it makes an awesome latte. Blue Milk is not just on Tatooine :)

it looks awesome in a glass mug

Commonly known as the Butterfly Pea Flower Tea, I think it's Vietnamese and Thai mostly but found throughout the Asian tropics. I saw it used as a climber on a garden fence on Christmas Island. 

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

So Bucket how would you describe purple tea? How it tastes

It’s a bit different to black or green tea. It's a mix of herbal and earthy flavours. I don’t usually add sugar to tea but the combo of honey and sugar makes the world of difference and seems to bring out the flavours in the honey.

• Love 5

I have made it quite a few times and don’t bother with the garnish of dried flowers on top. They just get soggy. Using a swirl of honey is a much better idea

spacer.png

• Love 5

21 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

South East Asia

Butterfly pea tea is simple, consists of the flowers from Clitoria ternatea plant which also has edible pods when they’re young, like most pea varieties.

when you add acid or lemon to it turns blue

See the source image

OK!  This is a very common flower here.  It was the word, tea, that thru me off.  The Thais use this to make a refreshing cold drink, add to garden salads and in making one of the types of bite sized Thai deserts.  (I love the deserts, but most foreigners don't.  The deserts are semi-sweet and sometimes savory using bean curd.)

• Love 5

Just now, Drew Espinosa said:

So proud of you going to bed all on your own, Terry! :D 

Goodnight Terry! :hug: 

Good Night Drew. :hug: I'm off to bed now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I bet @Bucket1 had a wonderful time voting... ;) 

Totally giving another meaning to the democracy sausage :gikkle: thise who went to vote early are probably regretting it now

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

For Bucket

5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Purple Tea

Boosts Cognitive function

Reduces LDL

Apoptotic Activities The Apoptotic activities of Anthocyanins present in purple teas may also reduce cancer risks and other fatal cell morphological changes. For instance, changes like cell shrinkage, nuclear fragmentation, DNA fragmentation, and mRNA decay.

Cardio-Vascular Health

Cancer Prevention

See the source image

What is it made of to make it purple? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, clochette said:

What is it made of to make it purple? 

The flower is blue and add hot water and all the blueness seeps into the water.

Add some acid - lemon or lime juice - and it goes purple.

It has been quite popular in cocktails as it magically changes colour. It is great in ice cubes as it slowly melts and changes colour

• Love 4
  • Wow 1

I bought a carton of 6 boxes of tea to share with my sister and ended up with 6 cartons of it. Luckily I only got charged for the 6 boxes :) 

With so many boxes, I shared some for the National Science Week morning tea at work. People loved the colour change. Less happy with risking drinking blue lattes :) 

I also used the shiny blue packets as Christmas tree decorations in the office and was asked why we decorated the tree with condoms :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, clochette said:

An uninterrupted 9 hours night of sleep! I was so surprised he was still by my side I checked he was still breathing :rolleyes:

I hope you guys slept well too :hug:

Hey, Tink. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

As God-Emperor, I must always have a dramatic entrance! 😛 

Yeah, we know. :P  Hello, little Drew. :glomp:  I missed you. :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all off to a good day, or in the case of Bucket had a great day. :hug:

Hi, Terry. :hug:  I watched a House Hunters episode about Chang Mai. What a beautiful city. It was bigger than I thought. :2thumbs:

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Bucket1 said:

:o No dark chocolate in the store!

Dark choc KitKat was the closest I could find

Hey, B. :hug: That won't do at all. It has to be minimum 70% cacao. 85/90% is better. I buy Lindt.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hey my Sexy Lumberjack :hug: how are you doing? 

Well, I didn't have as good a sleep as you did, but it wasn't bad. My nightmares have finally subsided. :) Have to mow the lawns today. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..