Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

WHITE CHOCOLATE

White chocolate lacks cocoa solids, so its connection to “real” chocolate is cocoa butter, which is a primary ingredient and comes from the cacao plant. The lack of cocoa solids has led some to proclaim that white chocolate can’t be considered real chocolate at all. Others point out its connection to the cocoa bean is proof that it can be considered real chocolate. The FDA’s definition of “chocolate” has also changed over the years, arming both sides with all the “proof” they need. The FDA currently includes white chocolate among other chocolates in its description of “Cacao Products.”

• Like 3

On the other hand

Is White Chocolate Really Chocolate?

Many have asked the same question repeatedly, ‘Is White chocolate, chocolate?’ The answer to the question is that opinions differ. White chocolate is essentially made from cocoa butter which is derived from cocoa beans. Cocoa is the core ingredient in chocolates. White chocolate does not contain cocoa nibs because of the absence of cocoa solids. Some say that white chocolate is not chocolate because of the absence of cocoa solids. Also, the taste of white chocolate is distinct from regular cocoa liquor-based chocolate. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Thanks Gary for sharing the dark chocolate secret. I found some in the supermarket this afternoon, quite a few varieties.

Not as grateful for you sharing the rain you had as I was in the car park. I got soggy, the paper shopping bags got soggy, but you did keep the lightening, ummmm thanks I guess

Btw, how much dark chocolate are you prescribing? Does it matter when you take it?

Hey, B. Four to five ounces is recommended. I used to always eat five ounces but I find four is doing the trick. Eight hours last night without peeing. :) 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

More overwhelmed I think, so many more sorts available and if you include the milk and white chocolate, just way to many to think about

No, not white chocolate! Only dark, and over 70% cacao(90% is best). Otherwise you are wasting your time. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

How is thing in Thialand?

It's quiet here.  Business has started to recover and we are getting more tourists now.  No big surge of covid so were doing all right.  Aod and I went to visit a friends bar.  We are avoiding weekends out, so we avoid the crowds.  There were only 6 customers plus the normal staff.  A bit boring, but life goes on. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

But Terry that can be paradise!

It does feel like it this morning.  Heavy rains for the prior three days with minor flooding in spots.  Today is cooler and beautiful blue sky.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Terry!  :hug:

Hi Page! :hug: How are things up your way?  How far away from you was that tornado? The pictures I saw looked really bad.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, raven1 said:

How far away from you was that tornado?

A little less than fifty miles, I think. It hit Gaylord, which is to the northeast of Traverse City, but we didn't suffer any damage.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Headstall said:

No, not white chocolate! Only dark, and over 70% cacao(90% is best). Otherwise you are wasting your time. 

That was a comment on the options on display. Loads of chocolate of all different kinds.

I bought dark and dark with mint :) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..