Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Hello young Albert :hug:

Not a bad start to the day but storms for this afternoon and evening apparently. I will be taking the lessons from Gary and staying indoors :yes:

Roast for dinner maybe. I am enjoying the cooler weather food - cauliflower cheese was really good last night. And have some pumpkin and ginger soup for lunch.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

A cousin of mine brought me some mooncakes from China. I was surprised at the light sweetness of the bean paste. They were tasty.  :)

I've heard some Asian folks say that Western desserts are heavy, cloying, and use too much fat and sugar. After trying a Japanese cheesecake recipe, I can understand why; Asian palates tend to be more sensitive than Westerners, so less sugar is needed. Garlic is another offender, and is rarely, if ever, used in Japanese cuisine.

Hey Page, How are you? Garlic is an offender in Japan, but heavily used here in Thailand.  What is offensive to Thais is cheese.  They insist they can smell cheese on a person's body for up to a day after it has been eaten.The only cheese I have seen Thais use is mozzarella on pizzas. 

• Haha 5
18 minutes ago, raven1 said:

What is offensive to Thais is cheese.  They insist they can smell cheese on a person's body for up to a day after it has been eaten.

According to my brother, Koreans say that Americans smell like babies, on account of all the dairy products we consume.  :rofl:

• Haha 4

A decisive win for Australia…

Reports suggest that many schools sold out of sausage and cake, making significant income for the schools and their students. Some schools have said they “made an absolute killing” and are very happy with the result :) 

Oh and some guy got elected as Prime Minister :P

• Haha 5

Thanks Gary for sharing the dark chocolate secret. I found some in the supermarket this afternoon, quite a few varieties.

Not as grateful for you sharing the rain you had as I was in the car park. I got soggy, the paper shopping bags got soggy, but you did keep the lightening, ummmm thanks I guess

Btw, how much dark chocolate are you prescribing? Does it matter when you take it?

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

How are you today Bucket now I dont want you to overdose on chocolate!

There were a lot of options :)

I got plain and mint, saved the orange, the caramel, the raspberry and the hazelnut for later 

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Bucket1 said:

There were a lot of options :)

I got plain and mint, saved the orange, the caramel, the raspberry and the hazelnut for later 

You sound like a junkie:rofl:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Or you could end up in one of those recover places like Betty Ford:rofl::2thumbs:

I don’t think I’m quite ready for that yet but I will let you know if I give up buying groceries to support my chocolate habit

• Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

You sound like a junkie:rofl:

More overwhelmed I think, so many more sorts available and if you include the milk and white chocolate, just way to many to think about

Edited by Bucket1
Missing words makes it harder to understand
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Bucket1 said:

More overwhelmed I think, so more sorts available and if you include the milk and white chocolate, just way to many to think about

White Chocolate isnt chocolate

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..