Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

9 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Not a killer. Noisy in a crowd. And they are quite playful too. I remember a bunch of them at the beach jumping off a wire fence during strong winds. They took turns gliding, one would jump up and the wind would support them, make a racket then the next would have a go. They were having fun :) 

I read an article that said Australian birds are some of the smartest in the world.  It also said some of these birds could problem solve and use tools at the same levels as some primates.  The article had this anecdote to illustrate the point.

For instance, my galah learned to call the dogs by their names and would wait until they came running to him!

A magpie used dog calling in another way. A cat wanted the magpie gone, then the magpie called the dog’s name. The dog came running and chased the cat away. The magpie stayed.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

As God-Emperor, I respect men in uniform, so... MINE!!!

Well good luck to you, Brazil's sexiest subway guard spends a hour straightening his hair. You will need to be patient if you want to get up to mischief 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I read an article that said Australian birds are some of the smartest in the world.  It also said some of these birds could problem solve and use tools at the same levels as some primates.  The article had this anecdote to illustrate the point.

Definitely smart birds :yes:

Some of them are great mimics, ambulances, police sirens and more.

My grandfather used to feed magpies around his place. They would come to the door and tap on it to say it was feeding time :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

This is hysterical Page.  That bird definitely knows how to dance.  However, I couldn't tell if they dressed the parrot up in a tiny green coat, or it was actually the color of his wings.  :gikkle: I had to look the black headed Caique up after the second view.  No coat, it's all feathers.

Edited by raven1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, raven1 said:

However, I couldn't tell if they dressed the parrot up in a tiny green coat, or it was actually the color of his wings.  :gikkle:

As a former parrot-owner, I can tell you that, yes, it was the color of his plumage.  :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Definitely smart birds :yes:

Some of them are great mimics, ambulances, police sirens and more.

My grandfather used to feed magpies around his place. They would come to the door and tap on it to say it was feeding time :) 

I once saw a video of  trained magpies. A man had trained them to bring metallic bottle caps they had to put through a box to free seeds. 

And this video of a funny parrot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, clochette said:

I once saw a video of  trained magpies. A man had trained them to bring metallic bottle caps they had to put through a box to free seeds. 

And this video of a funny parrot 

Hilarious. :)  Hey, Tinkerbell! :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Tonight were having for dinner

Bacon Fondue Burger

and potato wedges with green onion crème fraîche:yes:

Bacon Fondue Burger

That is looking mighty tasty.  With potato wedges too, that I might like even more than fries.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..