Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

I was a big fan of the wheel of time till the last two book. The Aurthor had died and his brother wrote the last two books which if I may say They Sucked!

Brandon Sanderson wrote the last three after Jordan's death, using Robert Jordan's notes. I don't think they were brothers, though. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, spike382 said:

It wasn’t his brother, it was just another author that was selected by his widow.  For me some parts of it worked some definitely did not.  Part of the issue is that it was hard to tell how much of the end story was the original author and how much was someone else filling in the blanks.

Robert Jordan apparently had left an outline for Sanderson to go by, but who knows how much of it he used. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Just get better Clo and that is an order lady!:unsure2::sleep:

Image result for GIF Get Well Soon

Look after yourself Clo and hopefully you don’t wake up to Mr Bean being your doctor - now that’s a nightmare :hug: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, spike382 said:

It wasn’t his brother, it was just another author that was selected by his widow.  For me some parts of it worked some definitely did not.  Part of the issue is that it was hard to tell how much of the end story was the original author and how much was someone else filling in the blanks.

You can get very mixed results that way. The Dune extra books were ok but not the same. More airplane reads that some thing that really hooks you in. The last ones I only bought ebooks.

speaking of ebooks, I did get the complete Pern series as a single ebook. The weird thing is I don’t want to start reading in case I don’t read anything else until I have completed all the volumes

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

You can get very mixed results that way. The Dune extra books were ok but not the same. More airplane reads that some thing that really hooks you in. The last ones I only bought ebooks.

speaking of ebooks, I did get the complete Pern series as a single ebook. The weird thing is I don’t want to start reading in case I don’t read anything else until I have completed all the volumes

It’s interesting that you bring up Dune, there was a lot of comparisons made between the two back in the day, they had some very interesting similarities.  I’m not sure if Robert Jordan ever said one way or the other, but he seemed to be inspired by at least the themes and world building of the first Dune.

Oddly enough both Herbert and Jordan died before finishing their series.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Were hot hot hot here 99f/37c

Sweating Exhausted GIF - Sweating Exhausted Tired GIFs

Hey Albert! :hug::hug: I feel for you buddy!  It's 35 C here, but also humid.  The forecast for the week is storms with the temperature dropping to 29 C by Friday.  I'm going to hate to see my electric bill this month! 😵 I imagine you are too.  Tell Steve Thank You for the reassuring words about the operation.  I am feeling better about it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, spike382 said:

It’s interesting that you bring up Dune, there was a lot of comparisons made between the two back in the day, they had some very interesting similarities.  I’m not sure if Robert Jordan ever said one way or the other, but he seemed to be inspired by at least the themes and world building of the first Dune.

Oddly enough both Herbert and Jordan died before finishing their series.  

Howdy Spike! :hug: Hope you are doing well. 

I did love the Dune books written by Herbert, but the ones written by his son and another author never interested me.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Terrifying was when it landed on the ground alive and I had no idea where it was

Hi Bucket! :hug: I thought the weather might be too cold there for the murderous beasties to be out and about.  I used to dream of traveling and maybe living for a while in Australia.  After all these posts, the dreams have become nightmares. 🤪 

BTW, Have you read any of Mawgrim's Pern stories on GA?  Mawgrim does a amazing job of writing in stories to fill some of the timeline gaps in McCaffrey's books, yet sticks like glue to the cannon and incorporates new characters with the canon characters by Anne.  

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, raven1 said:

Howdy Spike! :hug: Hope you are doing well. 

I did love the Dune books written by Herbert, but the ones written by his son and another author never interested me.  

Hey Terry, I read the first book to that series right around the time there was a tv mini series adaptation of it.  I actually enjoyed it, but some parts felt a little over my head.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..