Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

23 hours ago, dughlas said:

It was intentional. I typically wake sometime around 4-4.30. It comes from I needed to get up early to walk Thistle before the summer sunrise. I got into the habit of walking early and folks with migraine do better if we stick to a routine. I'm okay to sleep in a bit as long as I don't go later than 5am. An extra hour can effect the chemistry in my brain and trigger a migraine.

Thanks for sharing this.   My doctor is taking me off one of my medications and I'm terrified of my migraines coming back.  I'll try anything.

• Fingers Crossed 4
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Time for bed for me :yawn:

Enjoy your Saturday everyone :hug:

:hug: Dreams of lion tamers. :)

44 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Whut?  :huh:

Oh. Morgan doesn't like him. Got it. :gikkle:

43 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Morning, Big. :hug:  Have a good one. :kiss: 

Morning, Head. :kiss: Trunk. :hug: Legs. 🪶  You have a good one too. :thankyou:

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Everything is going south so bad!

Steve sister is in the hospital since 10/18

Unfortunately Jackie has developed a very rare autoimmune disease that caused her to be unable to lift her arms or swallow.  She has been at Stanford hospital in Palo Alto since 10/18/22.  While there, a feeding tube was inserted through her nose and into her small intestine.  For two days she was given food and medications through the tube.  She had severe diarrhea (expected, according to her nurses), which developed into severe chest pain (not expected). She threw up and inhaled some of the vomit into her lungs. Within minutes, about 14 nurses and doctors were in the room, performing ultrasound, an EKG, a chest X-ray, and she was put on 100% oxygen. They quickly wheeled her to ICU, then made the decision to intubate her.  A CT scan revealed that the feeding tube had perforated the wall of her duodenum.  That night (10/25/22) they performed emergency surgery to remove the tube, close the hole, and surgically insert a new feeding tube about 3’ away from the repair. Since then, she has been slowly recovering from surgery.  Yesterday they performed another CT scan with contrast to make sure there aren’t any leaks from her stomach area.  She has received IVIG and Cellcept treatments to limit further muscle damage while allowing her body to continue healing.  6 weeks from the date of surgery, if she is infection-free, she will be eligible to receive rituximab. This will effectively reset her immune system. The hope is that she will then be able to reverse some or most of the muscle damage through aggressive physical therapy.

I very much need some good thought and prayers please

Oh, Albert. Prayers from Mum and me.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..