Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

Just now, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Terry!  :hug: How are you and Aod?

Aod's in a great mood today!  We were a split household on the World Cup and his team won!😪 I am doing OK.  Been busy on two GA projects, so I'm constantly trying to keep up on my reading and real life.  How are you guys?

• Love 5

20 minutes ago, raven1 said:

How are you guys?

We're doing well. We watched The Great Gilly Hopkins on DVD, but I think it may also be available on Amazon digital, if you're interested.  :)

I was also doing some shopping for Max. Specifically, looking for books about boys who dance. Fiction and non-fiction are both welcome, but I struggled to find anything that a ten-year-old might like.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1

48 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

We're doing well. We watched The Great Gilly Hopkins on DVD, but I think it may also be available on Amazon digital, if you're interested.  :)

I was also doing some shopping for Max. Specifically, looking for books about boys who dance. Fiction and non-fiction are both welcome, but I struggled to find anything that a ten-year-old might like.

Katherine Patterson was a great children's author.  I used this book and Bridge to Terabithia in my elementary classroom.

I found this online, John Robert Allman's "Boys Dance!"  The only problem is that it is a picture book and may be too young for Max. I also found this site with many suggested books: https://danceparent101.com/great-dance-and-ballet-books-for-boys/#47-dance-books-for-boys-8-12-years-old  This site lists 31 books, but no age grouping: https://mysoncandance.net/2008/10/books-for-young-boys-who-dance/

Edited by raven1
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I also found this site with many suggested books

Thanks, Terry!  :D You're right, most of the books on the list are written for younger readers. Apart from that, there aren't many fiction books for older boys who like dancing, and non-fiction seems to be pretty limited, as well.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I already have a book in my collection called My Seventh Grade Life in Tights, but that's more about dancing in general than about ballet. I think the local library has a few books about Vaslav Nijinsky and Mikhail Baryshnikov.  :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Did it pain you typing that? :P

Absolutely not -_-

Want the truth? I don't care of football or the world cup  it was just fun yanking your chains :P 

It's just a game, they're paid way to much and don't even have the courage to take position when it would matter the most, are not involved in any great cause and don't let me start on what a shame the conditions of that event were!

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Earlier today I was holding him when the garage door opened. The sound of which scared him so much that he clawed me in his haste to get away. Bits of skin were left hanging off my arm in the aftermath.

Angry Badass GIF by Yellowstone

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

You, Gorgeous, and Handsome have too much bloodlust. -_- Y'all need to see a therapist.

That is calling the kettle beige:rofl: If anyone around here is sick its you!

Crazy Youre Crazy GIF - Crazy Youre Crazy Youre Nuts GIFs

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..