Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

32 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. The weather today was lovely. High temp of 72/22° with low humidity. The pup and I had an early morning walk then home for brekkie and the three of us were off to run errands. This evening we're taking son and dil out for dinner to celebrate his birthday. He's 38 today and chose a hibachi place to eat.

Happy Birthday to your son, dugh! Have a great evening. :heart: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, clochette said:

Yes, that can be it as fleas hibernate and are less active with cold weather

Any idea why they haven't come back?? I've had people tell me winter doesn't kill them. :huh: 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Any idea why they haven't come back?? I've had people tell me winter doesn't kill them. :huh: 

No idea but they're supposed to not be in winter but Looping had them in winter when the weather wasn't very cold. Plus our vet doesn't sell the Frontline brand anymore as the fleas have become resilient to it. They're like nasty bacterias getting cleaver at surviving.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

7 hours ago, Marty said:

I know I've been doing a lot of whinging this past while about the dreary weather here in the West of Ireland. But, even amongst all the dreariness, there can be those moments of absolute magic...

Did you find the Lucky Charms at the end of the rainbow?   :gikkle:  Hey, Marty!   :hug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Just look for the naked Irish lad at the end of the rainbow.

Truly is a lovely photogragh. That guy Trusty Nikon does very nice work.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I'll let TK know you're pleased with his work, dug ;)

And I'm a bit scared of trying to find the end of an Irish rainbow...

Story over here is that you're more likely to find an evil leprechaun at the end of a rainbow than a fit naked lad. ;) 

61RG6qo0E8L._SX425_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Did you find the Lucky Charms at the end of the rainbow?   :gikkle:  Hey, Marty!   :hug:

I think those two earlier comments might answer you question, Page.... :)

And, Hey, right back at you! :hug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kitt said:

Fantastic pic!

Evening, Kitt.   :hug:

7 hours ago, Headstall said:

Wonderful, Marty. :heart: 

Hey, Gary.   :hug:

7 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Hi all...computer decided to break...🙁, I'm on my phone for now. Busy here with the kids...Thinking of you...

Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

4 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Howdy y'all! :hug: 

Hey, Cutie Pi!   :hug:

4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All :hug::kiss:

Hey, Albert.   :kiss:  :hug:  We had bacon-and-broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner.   :)

4 hours ago, Sweetlion said:

You still have the cats as well?

Hey, Leo.   :hug:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, clochette said:

That's cause you weren't there yet when Falkor the Veranda dragon first came around :gikkle: 

Hey, Clo.   :hug:

2 hours ago, clochette said:

That's Pagey :gikkle:

Guilty as charged.   :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, clochette said:

No idea but they're supposed to not be in winter but Looping had them in winter when the weather wasn't very cold. Plus our vet doesn't sell the Frontline brand anymore as the fleas have become resilient to it. They're like nasty bacterias getting cleaver at surviving.

We use the Bayer product, in think it's Advantage for our cat.

• Like 5

• Site Administrator
23 hours ago, dughlas said:

So my doc wants to change my med to another one of the antibodies as the Aimovig hasn't made enough of an improvement. I have an appointment to go back in three weeks.

Got my haircut and a beard trim while I was in Philly. Same place as when I was there for the doctor visit in February but a different barber. I will not be going back. He cut my hair much shorter than I requested and my beard, well I don't have a beard. Instead of a trim he restyled it. I keep a natural cheek line. He shaved my cheeks at an angle that made them look like mutton chops attached to a goatee. Worse, he didn't even do them evenly. On the left it came down below my bottom lip, on the right it was even with my top lip. He shaved away the upper 1/4 inch of my mustache and trimmed what remained an 1/8 of an inch above my top lip line and it was unbalanced from one side to the other. To add injury to insult I have a 3/8 inch cut on my right cheek. The unfortunate thing is I couldn't tell how off it was looking in the mirror as it was a good six feet from the chair so I left the shop thinking things were okay. I didn't know he cut me until someone on the train told me my cheek was bleeding. When I got to my car and looked in the rearview mirror I thought things looked odd. When I got home and looked in the bathroom mirror I was ... displeased. I finally took my beard trimmer and clipped what remained down to scruff. Fortunately, I have 11 days for it to grow in again before the wedding next Friday and another week before Celtic Fling at Mt Hope.

Ugh.. sorry about the meds and the haircut.  :hug: Yay for Celtic Fling!  Have a Scotch egg or three for me and I want a full report from the best legs in a kilt contest :wub: 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

3 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

Mark no longer has any brain activity. As much as I want to hate the person who hit him the woman stayed with him unil the ambulance arrived. SAhe also visited several times. I am angry at fate and whatever design this is right now.

Oh, Randy... :(

I honestly don't know what to say at the moment.

Please just know that you and Mark, and the rest of your family, are in my thoughts. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Site Administrator
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

Are these the guys Val requested in order to forgive you?

the office yes GIF

• Like 4

On 6/3/2019 at 3:43 PM, Marty said:

Uploaded Chapter Two of my Danny Murphy story an hour or so back. Just waiting for it to pass through the moderation queue, when it will be available for all my fans to read. ;)

3 hours ago, Marty said:

It's now over thirty hours, and still no sign of the chapter being published....

It's finally online. :)

• Like 4

Almost one in the morning here, guys.

Bit of a busy day tomorrow (today?) Think I better get some shut-eye (aka beauty sleep).

'Night, peeps. :sleep:

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..