Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

10 minutes ago, Sweetlion said:

Oh I read your anthology story, and I think the other one as well. It was good 😀

Im doing well, waiting at the airport actually, going to my annual conference again. Las year was in Toronto, and this year is in Japan 😁😁

Wow... you really get around, Sweetie. ;)  Have a great time! :glomp: 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

My shoulder is progressing well. I can remove the sling for a few hours at a time starting on Friday. I can't use the arm... and I have to put my sling back on when I go out, or drive, or sleep, but I am ahead of schedule for it. :) 

That's great. Don't go pushing too hard though or you could undo all your hard work.  

And thank you for the other comments too. They mean a lot :hug:

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I do that sort of thing, of course I'm not what one might consider a young man. But then my son was taught manners too and a grandson if I has one be as well. It may not be common practice but there still those youngsters who maintain social skills and graces and on a first date would behave particularly well.

Thanks Dugh :hug: it's good to know some ideas aren't being lost.

• Love 5

8 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Morning y'all! 😘

As President of the Great State of Texas, I am pleased to announce that a Military Parade will be held March 2, 2020 in honor of Texas Independence Day! :D

Hide contents

Y'all are required to attend. -_-

May Dennis and I bring a tank to the parade...? Or, may we bring an aircraft carrier?😄

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Argh, someone rescue me from Edits (off site and that's why I've been so absent. I signed a new contract that I'm starting to second guess) Warning rant ahead.

It is so confusing when one publisher's editor tells me off for putting details and play by play of conversations in, then another publisher's editor tells me they want all the details in because that is what makes the story and tells me off for glossing over conversations.

Plus, I've got one editor that is telling me my young men are acting more like it's 1950, than 2019 because they brought gifts to their first date and do things like holding chairs/doors for each other. I'm not that far out of touch am i? I'm sure i saw a young man doing that for someone a few days ago. Surely manners haven't changed so completely since i was last dating?  

@Caz Pedroso I know that when Dennis and I go out, Dennis holds the door for me. Dennis and I got taught that you should hold the door open for females (or feminine male, like me 💓). I know some parents aren't teaching that, but we are! Gifts on the first date and flowers should be bought...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Dmrman said:

A Rose bud...??😁😁

Yes...Dennis knows that our first date happened on July 3rd. That was on July 3rd 2002 when we were 12. Then last year, we had our first date after a few years apart. I love him and our kids, too. 👶👶👧👧🧒💓💓

Edited by BabyXander1990
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Hi Bob :hug: Hope you're doing well today. 

I wish your suggestion was an option but they work for different publishers.

Most of the comments this editor is making make sense and I'm grateful to them for helping me improve. But, their comments about how certain things are not how 'young people today' would act really niggle at me. Young people are not all the same. Some of them like the old fashioned romance movies, and like to be romanced themselves. Some don't want to be tied down at a young age and aren't looking for anything more than a one night stand. My point is they are all individuals. 

I didn't like it once when i was watching tv as a teenager and a scientist came on and said something along the lines of "Of course, all teenagers today have tried smoking and drugs at one time or another." My response was (and still is) I haven't. I do not like people who make generalisations about any group, whether it be by age/race/color/sexuality/etc. 

Sorry, i went off on a rant again. :blushing:

@Caz Pedroso. I agree you can't generalize any group. At the local pride parade, the Log Cabin Republicans had a float. Nobody can't and shouldn't stereotype...

Edited by BabyXander1990
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..