Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, BabyXander1990 said:

A brand of jellies, jams and marmelade. 

You forgot the line of ice cream toppings, hot fudge, caramel, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Timothy M. said:

That's impressive, but I guess a balled xmas tree is like the large landscape trees you buy to get quick results. You must have watered it regularly to keep the roots alive.

I bought it from a local garden center nursery. They provided instructions on caring for the tree until spring and how to plant it. It was only indoors a short time so it would remain dormant. We had it in a large wash tub and it was watered regularly. We kept it outside the frontdoor to our apartment.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Just now, Page Scrawler said:

Why is everyone talking about Christmas trees?  :huh:  It's July outside! We should be talking about guys with tanned, muscular bodies, and the various locations where they may be found!  0:)

Have you never heard of Christmas in July? I think @Bucket1 regularly hopes to find a tanned hunk under his Christmas tree.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Artificial trees are made of plastic which comes from oil. A live tree is grown for this purpose and when you cut one, another will be planted which will absorb the CO2 from disposing of the live tree. You have to use your artificial tree for more than 10 years in order to leave smaller carbon footprint than with using a live tree every year.

Unless it's pot grown and small, those trees rarely survive.

Exactly, it's no different than any other horticultural crop. Of course, if they removed natural forests areas to grow Christmas trees it would be different, but Xmas tree farms are usually made on agricultural land.

True..we had in our town we grew up in had a Christmas tree farm...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/5/2019 at 5:18 PM, Page Scrawler said:

I just have to share this story. It was very sweet to witness.

Reveal hidden contents

Today, at the beach, I saw a young man who couldn't have been more than 11 years old. He had long, golden blonde hair pulled back into a short ponytail, with green eyes and a scattering of freckles on his little button-nose. He wore an elastic choker-style necklace and a pair of red-and-blue striped trunks going down to his knees. He was very slender, almost pixie-like, and his skin was heavily tanned, suggesting an athletic lifestyle. He had a friend who was almost as tanned, but with chestnut-brown hair and cinnamon eyes. This boy was a good deal taller than his slighter companion, but not towering over him. The taller boy grabbed his friend by the elbows, and then threw himself sideways, pulling them both into the water. When they surfaced, the dark-haired boy leaned forward and gave his blonde friend a light kiss on the nose, and they both giggled. The blonde boy's eyes crinkled into little crow's feet at the edges, and then I noticed that he was missing the two inscisors from his upper row of teeth. After they left the water, the boys sat down on the sand, spooning together while wrapped in a large towel. The blonde boy turned his head over his shoulder, and gave his boyfriend a little peck on the lips. It only lasted a second, but it was very sweet and thoughtful. After that, an older boy who appeared to be around 17 returned with an elephant ear and bacon-cheese fries from the fairgrounds. He had dark brown hair, so I assume that he was the elder brother of the chestnut-colored boy. The young couple went "halfsies" on the food, while the older brother went for a swim. They didn't do much after that, until they packed up and left. Thus ends my tale of a young summer romance.

@Randy Wade I know you've had a very rough time lately, so I wanted to share this story to hopefully brighten your mood.   :kiss:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, Dmrman said:

Well, I pulled my pole with me too, 😄 and if you see a hunk you can flash them and get away with it...😄🤣🤣🤣

Bob...you're crazy.  :lol:  I almost said "you're nuts", but I realized that could be misconstrued.   :rofl:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

With Bob any comment can be misconstrued  which is the reason why I don't bother with worrying about what I say when Bob is concerned. he'll just flip it twist it and pervert it anyway  :rofl:

That's what makes him so fun!   :gikkle:

• Love 2

16 hours ago, Headstall said:

The biggest issue with trees is forest, especially rainforest, devastation. Huge tracts of it are cleared daily, and a lot of unknown plants--flora and fauna-- are lost forever. The real shame is these lands aren't arable. It takes only a year for erosion and such to strip the nutrients, and they must have heavy duty fertilization. It also affects the climate, survival of animals, the ozone layer... attempts at reasonable approaches have been failing for decades. Places like Brazil are an example of how it can ruin a country... tourism and conservation makes a lot more money than farms destined to struggle and fail. 

I agree with everything you say about forestry clearance, Gary. And those large tracts of natural forest should be acting as the planet's lungs. They remove carbon dioxide from the air, and replace it with oxygen. And they store vast quantities of carbon. It's not just decades. We've been mismanaging these resources for several centuries now. I'm not sure whether we will ever really learn our lesson, though. Or at least not until it is too late... :( 

Edited by Marty
Correcting another of my inevitable typos.
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

get yoiur mind out of the gutter woman :D

Honey, some days I dont have the energy to climb up that far!

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..