Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

11 minutes ago, clochette said:

They already have 🥵 We've lock ourselves in the house with the windows and shutters close to minimize the heat coming in. We only open them at night and very early morning. The cats are trying to stay fresh by lying on the tile floor. I'm hoping this time the tomatoes won't suffer much unlike last time though the heat is good for the watermelons cause yes it seems like we'll have at least one watermelon here in Picardie ! :D

The worst will be Thursday with 41°C expected. I have to go with my brother (to hold his hand cause our mom can't be there) to his follow up appointment with the surgeon. The car ride is going to be a pain.

Hi, Tink. :hug: 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Does anyone else still have issues with notifications and posting? I have to refresh after every post or 'like.' It's annoying. And Some of my notifications are in bold and some not, whether I've already clicked on them or not. :huh: 

Some time I do like it will not do it I just go to the last page and write it again

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Headstall said:

So... $700 to have a gorgeous maple tree taken down. Better than some other quotes I had a while back. It has a split in it, and the guys I had out said it was definitely a danger to my house. Two guys will come next week and climb and cut. :(  Sad, but it will take a lot of worry off me... should have had it done long ago. 

Could they salvage the lumber? Maybe you could have a carpenter make a table or something.   :hug:

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..