Editor Needed of Novella About Coming Out

I am halfway through a novella about coming out, set in the present day. I’m planning on it being twenty chapters long and I’ve already written the first ten chapters. It’s about 31,000 words long so far.

I was planning on publishing here a chapter a week, and starting publishing it now will really push me to finish writing it.

I am dyslexic and often make very simple or silly spelling mistakes, and that is one of the reasons I need an editor.

Examples of my writing can be read here:

I have worked with editors on GA before, and have regularly worked with editors on other publications and websites. I do not mind how I receive the feedback but I am used to using the Track Changes function on Word.

Naturally, I would credit you as editor when I post the story on GA.

Yours,

Drew

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Drew Payne said:

I am really interested in working with an editor and we didn't need to edit my story all at once. As I said, I'd like to publish it a chapter a week and it can easily be edited a week at a time.

Anyone interested?

@Marty @rec @Timothy M.

I'd certainly be interested in helping. I should point out that I shall be starting a road trip to Europe (mainly Germany) shortly, that is likely to last for most of August. I shall have my laptop with me, and access to the internet most of the time, but I may still find it difficult to devote as much time as I would like to any editing...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Marty said:

I'd certainly be interested in helping. I should point out that I shall be starting a road trip to Europe (mainly Germany) shortly, that is likely to last for most of August. I shall have my laptop with me, and access to the internet most of the time, but I may still find it difficult to devote as much time as I would like to any editing...

Whenever you're ready to start just message me. I haven't finished to story yet, so a month of writing should do me some good. It would give me a good dose of motivation, and we can start things when you get back.

P.S. Give my love to Berlin, we had an amazing hotel there. too long ago.

1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

As long as you can make do with my usual way of editing, I'm happy to help. :yes:

Much more than happy.

I always value good feedback and you helped me so much with A Walk Along the Promenade, and I'm so grateful for that.

• Love 2
On 7/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, Drew Payne said:

Whenever you're ready to start just message me. I haven't finished to story yet, so a month of writing should do me some good. It would give me a good dose of motivation, and we can start things when you get back.

P.S. Give my love to Berlin, we had an amazing hotel there. too long ago.

As I said in my first reply, I shall have my laptop and internet access whilst I am away, so you are welcome to send chapters to me as they become available. Just be aware that it may take me a little longer to do the editing.

You should have my email address. But, if you haven't, drop me a PM here, and I will give it to you again. :)

P.S. I've never been to Berlin (yet). Maybe I should include it this time... :unsure: