Bill W i hope you will give us a new book of the Curries. I have dragged you to write one of the new generations books and i will dragg you for another book.  This story is incredible good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I hope for a new book too.

with different POV’s beside Danny’s. Josh getting older , Tristan using his writing/film talents, Dion his music talents.

Joshie choosing between sport en singing. Another new person in the house, a adulescent with  a baby. Or some of the grown-ups coming back temporally.

Enough possibilitis 

Edited by dutch woman
  • Like 5

CHNG4 ? I'd Love to you do another book. I would enjoy seeing Dion and Trey take on another child as well. Of course only if it's boys, girls kinda spoil my enjoyment of as far as living there. Although I do understand why you added Holly. I miss the boys running around nude, and the sexual escapades the kids get into. I'd also like to even Danny and Brandon adopt another kid or two, since there feeling empty nest. Somewhere down the road a funeral or two of maybe Josh & Jake's Generation. Steve, Aunt Mary or Sally. Nothing drastic like car accident or cancer. Maybe just natural causes peacefully in there sleep. Maybe Elliott & Ian marriage or engagement.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, queerboiK said:

I enjoy this series very much and would absolutely like to see it go forward.  I believe it's Ricky that is a social worker and I would like to see him in a story.  He and his fiancé/wife could be the ones to take on some kids too.  These kids could prank him as he did his brothers.

Definitely a good Idea.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DJK said:

Hi Bill,

Yes please! I would love to see a continuation of the story.

Not entirely sure about topics, but Ricky sounds like an idea. As well as perhaps an "intermission" book with stories of the various kids college adventures, besides the school going younger ones.

Might provide for some different vibes and various short lived characters that come and go from the story, as would seem to happen during busy college life.

This is definitely a good idea, maybe stories from the kids how there live changed because of Josh, Jake, Danny, Brandon, Trey & Dion.

• Like 5

Please continue the series. I would like to see a bit more drama, but that's me. I love the problems that happened in the first book because it made it more interesting. While this book was good, it seemed not much happened in the last couple of chapters. I guess more school problems or problems with those who have moved away and perhaps had to come back home. 

• Like 5

Bill, 

Please write CHNG4! I’m aware of how hard you work on these novels, but I sure hope you’ll continue on. I have truly enjoyed every word you’ve written. Thank you for even considering book 4 Bill!

• Like 5
11 hours ago, queerboiK said:

I enjoy this series very much and would absolutely like to see it go forward.  I believe it's Ricky that is a social worker and I would like to see him in a story.  He and his fiancé/wife could be the ones to take on some kids too.  These kids could prank him as he did his brothers.

Ricky is in marketing and he is the one that just became engaged. Richard (Little Ricky) is the social worker and we as of yet, I believe, have no clear idea of his sexuality or relationship status.

• Like 1

I've already commented but some suggestions for continuation. There are so many characters in these books that there are easily stories about them either in their employment, schooling, or just general everyday life. Personally I would love to see more of the ones who are gay with problems they face. This last book seems to be more involved with the younger group who haven't determined their sexuality yet. 

• Like 1

I would love for you to create another book for us! I adore all three books and would love more. You have dealt with so many issues in the family, and done it well. From the all-too-common gay kid issues, the abused and abandoned, life, death, marriage, aging, accidents and diseases, even a bit of the paranormal thrown in, and much more. I loved the idea from a reader above about an adolescent with a baby, lots going on there. Also liked the one about Little Ricky beginning his own tribe as he is already a social worker. I don't have any new ideas for you right now, but I know it will be great if you decide to continue the story. There's always another generation coming up, and those boys (and girl!) are going to be very interesting as they grow and learn...lol

Scottie

• Like 1

Bill

If u do do a next gen 4 I was thinkinh really go all in on next gen and use one of the  kids like trist or wyatt Hayden or hunnter somwone you can have fun with and someone who have not did yet thanks for the year of good write man and think of the puppy bill they need there story to be told lol

• Like 2

for me, i wish the book 4 to be narrated by several (2-3? or 4?) narrators from Currie’s family with their own point of view, but this would be a lot of works , because switching this way from one personality to another will be very hard and challenging. May be keep Danny and add Trey or Ricky ? They can tell stories from inside (Danny/Trey) and outside (Ricky when he come visit home)

• Like 1

Hi, Bill.

I'd be sorely disappointed if you stopped writing and adding to this epic storyline.  It seems as though the plots have gone from resolving conflicts with others (as was done in I and II) over the situations with the children to just ordinary angst about living life...perhaps it's time to shake things up a bit?

Of course I want you to continue.

I would love to see Trans kid or a kid unsure of their gender identity added to the story.

And, I know I mentioned it before and you ignored this, but some conflict of faith would be nice to see. Adding a character who is Atheist, Jew, Muslim or some other religion or maybe just another Christian denomination and not so keen to going to the Curries' church every Sunday.

Another possibility may be a conflict within the Curries' church. Maybe a new priest that is not so keen on keeping same-sex couples in their congregation and will start to add LGBT hate to his or her sermons. Would be interesting to see how the highly religious Curries will react to that.

And, I think a conflict between partners would be interesting to see. Maybe even an ugly divorce that would lead one of the original characters returning back to the hotel, possibly even with his own kids.

And, please, pretty please, more travelling and trips. That was one of the main reasons I got hooked on Castaway Hotel and I miss it so much in the new books.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:34 AM, Danilo Syrtis said:

for me, i wish the book 4 to be narrated by several (2-3? or 4?) narrators from Currie’s family with their own point of view, but this would be a lot of works , because switching this way from one personality to another will be very hard and challenging. May be keep Danny and add Trey or Ricky ? They can tell stories from inside (Danny/Trey) and outside (Ricky when he come visit home)

NO! PLEASE NO! Sorry for screaming here, but I really hate stories with too many narrators. It gets confusing too quickly not only for writer, but for readers too. And I definitely can't imagine this working for such a complex story Castaway Hotel is. Either keep to one narrator or write it in third person. And maybe writing the next Castaway Hotel book in third person is not that bad idea. It will get Bill a chance to write about more characters at once without the narrating feeling so cluttered.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

CHNG4? Yes Bill I love to see where the storyline goes to from here. You have so many 'loose threads' woven into the Currie tapestry, it would be a shame not to continue.

As a journalist / editor it is not easy to find well written stories that grab and hold my attention like the Currie saga has.

Far too often a story goes on for a while and suddenly stops, whether due to illness, writer's block or otherwise. I suggest authors create a storyline draft in case someone else needs to finish things up (not that this applies to you). Perhaps you'd consider another jump in time (say 4 years or when college ends for some) and see who comes home?

Continued good writing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After hearing from so many of you, you’ve convinced me that there’s enough support to write a Book 4 and you’ve given me enough suggestions so I’ll have plenty to write about, but it won’t be appearing soon.  Once before when someone asked me to describe my writing style, I compared it to two famous composers.  I’m not like Mozart, who generally wrote his music once with very few, if any, corrections.  I’m more like Beethoven who labored over every note and often rewrote entire sections until he was satisfied.  I, too, labor over every word and proofread every chapter multiple times until I’m satisfied. 

I also like to write the entire book before I start posting, hence the reason I’m able to post twice a week.  I do this because I’ve been known to write myself into a corner in later chapters, or even just change my mind about something, and this causes me to go back and change or totally rewrite what I’ve already written.  Please bear with me and I’ll try to get this book out as soon as possible, and I’ve already started doing some of the research.  Book 4 will be very different from the first twelve, so I know it’s going to take me more time to get it the way I want, so please be patient.  I will do my best to go as quickly as I think prudent. 

Thanks for your continued support,

Bill

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

after reading again some books, i would love more interactions with other people outside the family (like Carlos Garcia, Mark Williams or the family they rescued with Nicky), like how Danny/Brandon can help other families or how Trey/Dion can help other children, may be not only inside their works (like Julie) but some people they meet occasionally, just using their own life experience or their knowledge (« Castaway hotel couch surfing guests », people juste coming for one/couple nights 😁). Or bring back some older characters just for one chapter, telling how they help other families. 

Edited by Danilo Syrtis
  • Like 1