Issue with story views

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Looking at my most recent story, Shaken, the general story views appear to have been stuck on 409 for at least 24 hours. The views of Chapter 1 now number 474 and do change. Don't know if the issue only applies to this story or to all.  Noticed across all devices, all using Chrome.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I have alerted our programmer.  The views have been switched over to the Reader's stat function, but I'm not sure how often those process.  (To simplify, all views are using the timestamped views so that you can sort on timeframe under stats.  On older stories, all pre-existing views were moved to Dec 2017 as far as timeframes go)

• Like 3

Yes for me, but I noticed this with chapter views of @Thorn Wilde's latest posting (from this morning GMT, I think) for 

Two comments, several other responses, yet no views.

Capture.PNG

Edit: this recent chapter posting from @Headstall is also showing no views: https://gayauthors.org/story/headstall/headstallsreflections/74 . Observed on Windows laptop running Chrome.

Edited by northie
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, northie said:

Yes for me, but I noticed this with chapter views of @Thorn Wilde's latest posting (from this morning GMT, I think) for 

Two comments, several other responses, yet no views.

Capture.PNG

I just noticed this myself. Seemed very odd.

EDIT: My anthology story, Before the Fall, also appears to have had no new views since sometime this weekend, neither the chapter or the story itself. It is possible, of course, that there simply haven’t been any readers, but it’s highly unusual for a recently published story to not be gaining any views. Could that also be related to this? 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, northie said:

Edit: this recent chapter posting from @Headstall is also showing no views: https://gayauthors.org/story/headstall/headstallsreflections/74 . Observed on Windows laptop running Chrome.

I checked it out and noticed the views have changed quite a bit on my other stories as well... I checked the 'most views' category for Stories, and it has changed dramatically... for example, Exes and Ohs used to be on Page 16 or so, because I looked for it recently, like within the last month, and now it is ten or more pages farther back. A glitch? Same with Cards on the Table and Morningstar: The Malaise... they are in totally different positions on the list. I'm on an MSI laptop, and use Google Chrome browser.  

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

There was a backup in the processing queue, apparently.  Collecting views with timestamps and compiling them into useful chunks takes time.  Apparently lots of people were reading over the holiday weekend and the queue backed up.  The programmer has made some adjustments.

@Headstall, in theory, the current line up should be accurate now.  There were apparently some bugs in properly tallying views. 

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Talo Segura said:

It appears the view count is not working, new chapters posted show zero views, see Model Behaviour and A Roman Fatality.

Hi, Talo. As this thread is logged as being answered (green tick further up), it might be best to start a new thread.