SIX-WORDED SCI-FI

Just now, Ron said:

Okay, okay. You all do know that we’re writing about the planet, right?

What, Ron?  You mean you haven't seen the meme on social media with the planets lined up and named, with Doug listed instead of Uranus, and the caption says, "No one was surprised to learn he'd changed his name?"

• Wow 1
4 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

What, Ron?  You mean you haven't seen the meme on social media with the planets lined up and named, with Doug listed instead of Uranus, and the caption says, "No one was surprised to learn he'd changed his name?"

No, I have not seen the meme, I tend to gloss over the things. I did “like” your post because, yes, after all the fun jokes we have for the planet even Doug sounds better than Georgium Sidus (George’s Star or -Planet, in honor of King George III).

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Looks are unimportant when they're omnipotent.

Is this for the Alien topic, which is finished. Or is it for the current Uranus topic, Bill? If it’s for the latest then I’d like to hear your thoughts on why you chose the wording.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I thought the Uranus topic was merely an extension of the Alien topic, except you were focusing one one planet and allowing leeway to explore some humor as well.  Sorry if I screwed up. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Bill W said:

I thought the Uranus topic was merely an extension of the Alien topic

I guess I wasn’t clear on that, sorry.

Each new topic supersedes the one before it, folks. Humor is always appreciated but what each person writes is up to them.

Edit: I have edited the original post to include this important point.

Edited by Ron
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, and wasn't Uranus fun! :P  I'm not going to attempt to parcel out what we all just went through with that, so I'll just move along. Also, I'm in the process of looking for a new apartment and I don't have much spare time. Remember... This is science fiction you're writing for.

All other topics are finished. Have fun with this next one.

Your writing subject for SIX-WORDED SCI-FI is: The Hero

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Ron said:

@kbois De Niro was in Limitless and Brazil, but does that qualify him as a Sci-Fi hero? Inquiring mind wants to know!

I think Di Niro could pull it off, no problem!

• Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, and wasn't the hero subject fun. But it's time for a new take.

This time we head into the realm of the strange but remember it's science fiction. So, keep your fantasies to yourself. :P Happy writing.

The SIX-WORDED SCI-FI subject is: The door at the end of the hall.

• Like 2