SIX-WORDED SCI-FI

Hold your horses and get ready to gallop. Tomorrow will bring a new adventure for SIX-WORDED SCI-FI. :thumbup:

Edited by Ron
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Ron said:

Hold your horses and get ready to gallop. Tomorrow will bring a new adventure for SIX-WORDED SCI-FI. :thumbup:

Ron, have you considered SEVEN-worded Sci-Fi?

• Like 1

@ReaderPaul Here. I'll try 7 words.

When you care to send the best,

Don't be cheap like all the rest.

Don't send C-4, Semtex, Octal, or Cordite,

Nuke'em from orbit and bask in light.

It's the only way to be sure,

For pesky aliens, it is the cure.

keep-calm-and-nuke-it-from-orbit.png

Edited by JamesSavik
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
25 minutes ago, JamesSavik said:

@ReaderPaul Here. I'll try 7 words.

When you care to send the best,

Don't be cheap like all the rest.

Don't send C-4, Semtex, Octal, or Cordite,

Nuke'em from orbit and bask in light.

It's the only way to be sure,

For pesky aliens, it's the cure.

keep-calm-and-nuke-it-from-orbit.png

@JamesSavik, I love it.  I didn't know whether to react with a "Love" icon or a "Laugh" icon.  Wonderful!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’ve been asked to consider seven words, but then, why not thirteen, or twenty, or even fifty words? The Boston Globe newspaper has a submission feature that offers readers the opportunity to tell a personal story about the city in fifty words, and every Sunday the paper features one. Rarely does a week go by without a story. But that’s not what we’re after. No one is telling a complete story in six words here although you can encapsule the idea of one, which is what we’re after. I will let you in on a little secret. Hyphenated words count as one, for example: Ron gave us a long-winded story.

On the topic: Alien...

@kbois was the only post to tackle the actual appearance of an alien. :thumbup:

A few posts featured interactions with an alien. A lot of posts took on the dynamic and always exciting alien invasion trope.

@Daddydavek garnered the most reactions with eight. (Please note the post included ten words, that’s a no-no but I’ll let it slide this time. :P)

One poster managed to capture a long-time abduction phenomenon, and his probing insight on the subject was… well, let’s say he thought about this a lot. :gikkle:

“My butt is sore. Wonder why…” didn’t garner the most reactions but it did capture the spirit of the topic.

One of the planets in our solar system has been in the news of late because the James Webb telescope captured an amazing image of it. I’ll let @astone2292 cheeky posts lead us into the next SIX-WORDED SCI-FI.

Your assignment: Uranus

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ron said:

I’ve been asked to consider seven words, but then, why not thirteen, or twenty, or even fifty words? The Boston Globe newspaper has a submission feature that offers readers the opportunity to tell a personal story about the city in fifty words, and every Sunday the paper features one. Rarely does a week go by without a story. But that’s not what we’re after. No one is telling a complete story in six words here although you can encapsule the idea of one, which is what we’re after. I will let you in on a little secret. Hyphenated words count as one, for example: Ron gave us a long-winded story.

On the topic: Alien...

@kbois was the only post to tackle the actual appearance of an alien. :thumbup:

A few posts featured interactions with an alien. A lot of posts took on the dynamic and always exciting alien invasion trope.

@Daddydavek garnered the most reactions with eight. (Please note the post included ten words, that’s a no-no but I’ll let it slide this time. :P)

One poster managed to capture a long-time abduction phenomenon, and his probing insight on the subject was… well, let’s say he thought about this a lot. :gikkle:

“My butt is sore. Wonder why…” didn’t garner the most reactions but it did capture the spirit of the topic.

One of the planets in our solar system has been in the news of late because the James Webb telescope captured an amazing image of it. I’ll let @astone2292 cheeky posts lead us into the next SIX-WORDED SCI-FI.

@astone2292 is gonna have a field day with this one but he's gonna have a hard time topping @Mancunian (take that however you want) 🤭☺️

Edited by kbois
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Ron said:

I think about aliens all the time...

1 hour ago, Ron said:

Challenge accepted. 

Astronomer: Let's have some fun, guys.

What did you call me, asswipe?

I don't think that will fit. 

I've never taken a suppository before. 

Is that a crater on Uranus?

Edited by astone2292
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1