You know what? :/

3 hours ago, jtpawlik said:

Always stay true to yourself. Be you! If others can’t accept you, then fuckem 

I will definitely be myself! Hehehe, besides...everybody else is taken. :P 

Thanks, bud! Every now and then, it's good to know that I've got somebody on my side. ((Hugz)) 

• Love 5

I agree, Comsie.

A fine artist must always work first for themselves. There are jobs out there where you have to write for a boss on their time, but this isn’t that kind of job. Admirers and fans of any fine artist are ‘along for the ride’. Like a Mom in the kitchen baking cookies, the artist’s results come in their own good time. When the cookies are finally served, you thank Mom for the effort she put into them because it’s done with love. You don’t complain that they aren’t coming out fast enough! That’s what a spoiled brat does.

As with any author, enjoy the product when it comes and be along for the ride. Don’t beat them like a horse you think is going too slow!

Edited by MrM
  • Love 5

Comsie, you know who your true fans are. I understand your venting because even from ingrates it still hurts your feelings. I would not give them the time of day. Ignore them like they don't exist. I would not acknowledge or respond to them ever again.
Those of us that love your work appreciate you know how hard you work to write all the time.
Bests,
RJ 

• Love 3

As a reader, one thing that comes to my mind is "This is why we can't have nice things." And that's probably selfish of me.

I mean, I'm getting dozens of top quality, interesting and engaging stories that a lot of time and hard work went into crafting, and I'm getting it all for free! That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me, even if it's not always the particular story I'm in the mood for that day getting an update, I'm not complaining.

But nooooo, the spoiled, entitled brats have to come out and harass you like this until you decide it isn't worth it anymore, and then everyone loses. It always makes me so angry because you're asking for so LITTLE in return for your hard work. Like, if you want a new chapter so much, why not just click the "Like" button and leave a short comment? It takes less time than emailing a complaint, and I'm guessing it's a lot easier to write the next chapter when you see that people are reading and enjoying it.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:37 AM, MrM said:

I agree, Comsie.

A fine artist must always work first for themselves. There are jobs out there where you have to write for a boss on their time, but this isn’t that kind of job. Admirers and fans of any fine artist are ‘along for the ride’. Like a Mom in the kitchen baking cookies, the artist’s results come in their own good time. When the cookies are finally served, you thank Mom for the effort she put into them because it’s done with love. You don’t complain that they aren’t coming out fast enough! That’s what a spoiled brat does.

As with any author, enjoy the product when it comes and be along for the ride. Don’t beat them like a horse you think is going too slow!

Not only that, it's like a Mom making peanut butter cookies, then you complain they aren't coming out fast enough, complain that you wanted chocolate chip cookies instead of peanut butter, THEN eat all the cookies anyway and demand that she make chocolate chip cookies for you and have them ready in five minutes. If someone makes me cookies, I'm going to thank them and stuff my face, because I love cookies. It shouldn't be more complicated than that.

• Love 5

It's quite alright. Thanks, you guys. :)

I just want to write. And I want to share. And I want to entertain. And everybody else can benefit from it if they just let me do what I do. Why take 'control' of it. If you had any control at all...then you'd be entertaining ME! And I'd love every last minute of it! So go for it. Take the wheel and show me what you've got. I'll even help to promote you! Sit down at a blank screen and do it better than I can.

I'll applaud you the whole way. Promise. Give it a try. Maybe then they'll understand. Until then... ::Shrugs:: I guess I'll just have to keep doing it my way. :P 

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..