[LittleBuddhaTW] SOOTB 22: Pre-release Discussion

Okay ... trying to get things back on topic here ...

So, now that we know who has kicked the bucket, and Ryan has finally broken down ... where does everyone think the story is going to go from here? It seems like it could go in almost any direction ... 0:)

And ... any thoughts as to what the title of Ch. 22 will be? I'll give you a hint ... it's the title of an Elton John song ... :P

Oh, and in other news, Kitty has finished the first edit of my Summer Anthology story, and Xandra Kitee has added her expert opinion as a native of Paris (since that is where it will take place). I think everyone will enjoy it, and it's a bit more "mainstream" than "Seeking Nirvana."

Chapter 22 has already been sent off to Kitty (a few days ago, actually), and Chapter 23 is underway. I'm hoping to have Chapter 23 finished before I leave Taiwan, which only gives me a few days, actually ... and I'll be "pre-occupied" on Monday ... :wub:

Anywho ... Chapter 22 predictions ... anyone?

*Hugz*

Buddha

P.S.- Chapters 1 through 18 of SOOTB have been slightly re-formatted for your visual pleasure! ;)

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
... where does everyone think the story is going to go from here?

I think it's going to go in the direction that you take it in :)

I predict that the story is going to be posted by tomorrow.

So, now that we know who has kicked the bucket, and Ryan has finally broken down ... where does everyone think the story is going to go from here? It seems like it could go in almost any direction ... 0:)

And ... any thoughts as to what the title of Ch. 22 will be? I'll give you a hint ... it's the title of an Elton John song ... :P

Oh, and in other news, Kitty has finished the first edit of my Summer Anthology story, and Xandra Kitee has added her expert opinion as a native of Paris (since that is where it will take place). I think everyone will enjoy it, and it's a bit more "mainstream" than "Seeking Nirvana."

Chapter 22 has already been sent off to Kitty (a few days ago, actually), and Chapter 23 is underway. I'm hoping to have Chapter 23 finished before I leave Taiwan, which only gives me a few days, actually ... and I'll be "pre-occupied" on Monday ... :wub:

OK, I think we can narrow down the title list further, by eliminating the titles of past chapters. I'll also make a guess at the CH 22 title: "Friends never say Goodbye."

The site with the title list and lyrics is

http://www.eltonography.com/

Click on the "lyrics" tab.

As for what will happen.. Hmmmm... That's a tough one!

My prediction would be that we will find out more about Mikey's death.

Toby's situation will begin to resolve (he's not out of the woods yet, and just because Mikey died does not mean that Toby won't).

I also think that Ryan and Connor are heading for a rough patch in their relationship.

Your Anthology entry sounds very intriguing! I like the attention to detail indicated by the consulting!

I just sent my entry ("No Shirt? No Problem!") in to Kitty, and I'm apprehensively waiting to see if it's accepted. I even managed to keep it under the word limit by a wide margin (5 words). :lmao:

Edited by C James

I wonder if the investigation about Connor's rape will come back in the story, I would like for it to be resolved, but I wonder how many of such investigations end up classified with no resolution in real life... I guess it could bring some more downs in connor's life (having to see the guy etc), but maybe not in the next chapter, there is already so much drama with Mickey and Toby ;_;

I guess patching up time between Ryan and Connor would be logical in the next chapter... and and between Ryan and his brother too. They both need support after Mickey's passing away.

Well, since it will probably end up being different from what I expected, let's wait for the surprise.

Have a nice and safe trip back to the US LittleBuddha!

Edited by annushka

What else is new? :ph34r:

No predictions. I think I'll just surprise myself. :D

Xandra Kitee has added her expert opinion as a native of Paris (since that is where it will take place).

Ooo, alors ton prochain roman sera

Edited by Jack Frost

*Hugz*

Buddha

P.S.- Chapters 1 through 18 of SOOTB have been slightly re-formatted for your visual pleasure! ;)

My vote for the title would be "Recover Your Soul."

Here are the Lyrics for those of you who don't want to go look them up.

Baby you're missing something in the air

I got a name but it don't matter

What's going on, it's cold in here

You have a life but it's torn and tattered

Maybe you're losing pieces of your heart

You have a world but it stopped turning

You lose the day and gain the dark

Love was a fire but it stopped burning

Spare your heart, save your soul

Don't drag your love across the coals

Find your feet and your fortune can be told

Release, relax, let go

And hey now let's recover your soul

Lazy old sunset sinking like a tear

Alone at night in a losing battle

That perfect world is never clear

You have to fight for the things that matter

I think that this next chapter could be what some would say the sappiest. It will have to do with breaking down and rebuilding. We know that Ryan is there and he is just starting to come out of it. But I think this song describes Ryan's state that "he has lost his soul." It will be a long road for him. Connor is finding out what his place in this world is and what he brings to those he calls friends. Toby should continue to get better and with that the family may be able to start healing. This song talks about all the turmoil that they have gone through and the last line says it all, "You have to fight for the things that matter." I think Connor will fight for all of them especially Ryan. Ryan will fight to pull himself back together. Everyone else, will be trying to get back to life as usual and help their friends as much as possible.

The other song that I would like to see in this chapter is for Connor to sing or dedicate a song to Ryan. It is called "Something about the Way You Look Tonight." Again here are the lyrics as it is a very touching song.

There was a time

I was everything and nothing all in one

When you found me

I was feeling like a cloud across the sun

I need to tell you

How you light up every second of the day

But in the moonlight

You just shine like a beacon on the bay

And I can't explain

But it's something about the way you look tonight

Takes my breath away

It's that feeling I get about you, deep inside

And I can't describe

But it's something about the way you look tonight

Takes my breath away

The way you look tonight

With a smile

You pull the deepest secrets from my heart

In all honesty

I'm speechless and I don't know where to start

It seems to be a perfect song for Connor to convey what he has gone through to where he is and how much he loves Ryan.

Cody and Connor will become closer as will the twins. And I think Domonic, may ever start to take a bigger role. I really do hope that Connor will sing again on stage. That last statement he made really pulled at me. It seems like he should be destined to sing, he helps people when he does and can touch others and make them smile.

I also think that Maggie and the boys are due a long vacation! Just them.

Well, let's see what happens!! These are just my thoughts and with a little research.

Boxerdude. :worship:

My vote for the title would be "Recover Your Soul."

That was already used as the title for Chapter 16, so I'm guessing not ... :P

The other song that I would like to see in this chapter is for Connor to sing or dedicate a song to Ryan. It is called "Something about the Way You Look Tonight."

Whether it's used as a chapter title or not, it's a fanastic song (it was released back in '97 together with the Princess Di version of "Candle in the Wind"). I also got to hear Elton perform it live in concert in '97 in Tallahassee, Florida, and in '98 in Orlando. It works very well on stage (some songs don't carry over well from the studio to the stage). :music:

*Hugz*

Buddha

That was already used as the title for Chapter 16, so I'm guessing not ... :P

Whether it's used as a chapter title or not, it's a fanastic song (it was released back in '97 together with the Princess Di version of "Candle in the Wind"). I also got to hear Elton perform it live in concert in '97 in Tallahassee, Florida, and in '98 in Orlando. It works very well on stage (some songs don't carry over well from the studio to the stage). :music:

*Hugz*

Buddha

Well I am glad that I don't feel like I have disapointed you. I think that the songs have a lot of meaning. I wish I had your experience with Elton John's concerts. I have never been able to attend one. It is a dream of mine as I find him as almost and Idol. He really sings to me. Thank you for at least addressing my thoughts. It means a lot, I think a lot aobut the story and I really put myself into it. You are the best and keep writing!!

Boxerdude.

Okay, I will try again. I know this one has not been used and it very well could be about both Ryan and Toby.

Believe

Music by Elton John

Lyrics by Bernie Taupin

Available on the album Made In England

I believe in love, it's all we got

Love has no boundaries, costs nothing to touch

War makes money, cancer sleeps

Curled up in my father and that means something to me

Churches and dictators, politics and papers

Everything crumbles sooner or later

But love, I believe in love

I believe in love, it's all we got

Love has no boundaries, no borders to cross

Love is simple, hate breeds

Those who think difference is the child of disease

Father and son make love and guns

Families together kill someone

Without love, I believe in love

Without love I wouldn't believe

In anything that lives and breathes

Without love I'd have no anger

I wouldn't believe in the right to stand here

Without love I wouldn't believe

I couldn't believe in you

And I wouldn't believe in me

Without love

I believe in love

I believe in love

I believe in love

It meantions so much about what has happened, I thought it would be a good title for this next chapter. Love is what will save this family and everyone around them. It did for Connor, now it will for the those that Connor can touch. He has it in him, it is his gift to give his love, friendship, and help his lover!!

Anyway, I will stop with this one and move one. I am sure everyone is already tired of my posts. I just really like trying to figure out what is going to happen based on what I would personally like to see happen or even feels should happen. It is part of my life experience, that I think is showing through. I have been through these stages in my own life when a friend dies. I see what happens to those around me and myself. So, I guess everyone is seeing who I am now.

Boxerdude.

Anyway, I will stop with this one and move one. I am sure everyone is already tired of my posts. I just really like trying to figure out what is going to happen based on what I would personally like to see happen or even feels should happen. It is part of my life experience, that I think is showing through. I have been through these stages in my own life when a friend dies. I see what happens to those around me and myself. So, I guess everyone is seeing who I am now.

Boxerdude.

Dude, how could anyone be tired of your posts???? I think your posts are great, and I think you're right about Connor too

Dude, how could anyone be tired of your posts???? I think your posts are great, and I think you're right about Connor too

Nick, you are way to sweet!! Thank you very much. I found you blog and it is neat the way you express yourself. Buddah has a good one as well. I was surprise at how much he opens up there. You both are great people and I enjoy getting to know you even if it is through a forum.

Have a Great 4th of July!!!

Go Connor Go!!! ( oh sorry Cody, I have different thoughts for you!! heehee)

Boxerdude. :great::wub:

Anyway, I will stop with this one and move one. I am sure everyone is already tired of my posts.

In a word: HOGWASH!!!

I for one very much enjoy your posts, and your perspective! :2thumbs:

I just really like trying to figure out what is going to happen based on what I would personally like to see happen or even feels should happen. It is part of my life experience, that I think is showing through. I have been through these stages in my own life when a friend dies. I see what happens to those around me and myself. So, I guess everyone is seeing who I am now.

And that is why I like your posts. :great:

I'm going to stick with my prediction of "Friends never say goodbye" for the Ch 23 title.

I note from LB's news section on his story page that SOOTB is currently going to be 25 chapters plus an epilogue. So, we don't have many chapters left!

In a word: HOGWASH!!!

I for one very much enjoy your posts, and your perspective! :2thumbs:

And that is why I like your posts. :great:

I'm going to stick with my prediction of "Friends never say goodbye" for the Ch 23 title.

I note from LB's news section on his story page that SOOTB is currently going to be 25 chapters plus an epilogue. So, we don't have many chapters left!

Y ou are way to kind. I love all of you but I can not help letting my own experiences show. I have been through this, I have lived it, It is very hard not to voice my own opinion. I have been there. I have several friends that I have had to deal with that have done this. It is suiside. I hate to be so bold, but it is. There families drove them to it. I have lived it to many times. It is really hard to even talk about it. I am sorry if I am getting to sappy, but I have done this at least 3 times. So it hits home really close to me. I know the rounds and sad to say , I know what usually happens. Enoiugh of me sobbing. I love the story. don't get me wrong, but, I have put a lot of effort into researching what I thing BW will write. I just hope he respects my opinion as much as I resect his story.

Boxerdude

Y ou are way to kind. I love all of you but I can not help letting my own experiences show. I have been through this, I have lived it, It is very hard not to voice my own opinion. I have been there. I have several friends that I have had to deal with that have done this. It is suiside. I hate to be so bold, but it is. There families drove them to it. I have lived it to many times. It is really hard to even talk about it. I am sorry if I am getting to sappy, but I have done this at least 3 times. So it hits home really close to me. I know the rounds and sad to say , I know what usually happens. Enoiugh of me sobbing. I love the story. don't get me wrong, but, I have put a lot of effort into researching what I thing BW will write. I just hope he respects my opinion as much as I resect his story.

Personally, I like reading posts that relate, via personal experience or for other reasons. I've lost people to suicide too. Non were very close to me in my case, but it hurts. I have a special hatred for family members that drive others to kill themselves.

BTW I still have my doubts that what happened to Mikey was a suicide. It looks likely at this point, but I still wonder if it's murder. Connor's attacker for some reason, perhaps?

Edited by C James

Just joined, but I can't resist posting. I found this story Saturday and lost 2 days reading it and devouring it.

What will come next? Look in the previous chapters for a hint. Cody's Mom had quite a cryptic initial greeting...

""You will learn when to let go, and when to fight. You are strong inside. Don't be afraid to be strong for others when the time comes."

Connor still has a bit of work to do.

The main reason i write is to ask David to please remember Maggie when it all wraps up. Such a wonderful person deserves love and happiness more than sainthood working 6 or 7 days a week. Find her some lovin as well... Derek? Benn, in a turnaround??? Anyone but the cop.

:wub:

My real guess? Ryan will blame himself for everything that has happened. If he hadn't driven Mikey away from Toby he would be alive and happy. Toby would have been happy instead of sad and not gotten sick again. He should have told Toby how scared he was and how much he means to him. He should have made Connor tell what was happening before it got so bad. He will push everyone away from him before he hurts them again. He will "prove" to Connor that he is not a good person by admitting he hit Connor with the lacrosse ball on purpose, to meet him. He will isolate and implode, driving everyone away.

Connor will have to decide - should he let go, or is it the time to be strong and hold on for Ryan.

:(

Edited by VTicarus
Just joined, but I can't resist posting. I found this story Saturday and lost 2 days reading it and devouring it.

What will come next? Look in the previous chapters for a hint. Cody's Mom had quite a cryptic initial greeting...

""You will learn when to let go, and when to fight. You are strong inside. Don't be afraid to be strong for others when the time comes."

Connor still has a bit of work to do.

The main reason i write is to ask David to please remember Maggie when it all wraps up. Such a wonderful person deserves love and happiness more than sainthood working 6 or 7 days a week. Find her some lovin as well... Derek? Benn, in a turnaround??? Anyone but the cop.

:wub:

My real guess? Ryan will blame himself for everything that has happened. If he hadn't driven Mikey away from Toby he would be alive and happy. Toby would have been happy instead of sad and not gotten sick again. He should have told Toby how scared he was and how much he means to him. He should have made Connor tell what was happening before it got so bad. He will push everyone away from him before he hurts them again. He will "prove" to Connor that he is not a good person by admitting he hit Connor with the lacrosse ball on purpose, to meet him. He will isolate and implode, driving everyone away.

Connor will have to decide - should he let go, or is it the time to be strong and hold on for Ryan.

:(

Wow, you have great insight as far as I am concerned. I think you have Ryan pegged. As I have mentioned before, I have seen this behavior and it is not at all pleasant. Word for word, I would not disagree one bit. Connor will come through though. He is stronger than any of us know.

By the way, welcome to the group. We are a warm group of people who support each other so don't be afraid to PM if you want to.

Thanks for the input, I agree 100%

Boxerdude :great:

Thanks Boxerdude... I have a lot more ideas, but will keep them as hopes and fears for the future and leave the writing to LB. It's his story, after all.

I spent most of my life looking for a Ryan, thought a found a few, but they couldn't get past the step that is coming in the story. For my own selfish reasons, I really hope he and Connor make it together - just once it should work.

And - wow! Would I like to have gone to THAT school, literally dripping with gay boys!

:devil:

I have two guesses on the title of chapter 22.

Bad Side of the Moon

and

A Dandelion Dies in the Wind

In either case, it's not going to be a happy chapter. :(

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Did I read that right? Maggie and one of the twins? :blink:

I don't give spoilers ... but, in this case, I can safely say that Maggie will NOT be hooking up with either one of the twins ..........

I don't give spoilers ... but, in this case, I can safely say that Maggie will NOT be hooking up with either one of the twins ..........

What about grandma Alice??? Maybe you and Dom can work something out and she can make an appearance

Ha HA! I did say later that I was starting my REAL thoughts. It was a goof.. :lmao:

But - you are the master and we eagerly await the real story.

Am I crazy or didn't elton once cover He Ain;t Heavy, He's My Brother.

So LB - I am curious. Other that an Asian studies Master - which are you frustrated Elton impersonator or former pyschology major?

Looking forward to reading more. SOON!!!!!

:funny:

I really am enjoying everyone posting, I don't feel so bad now. The new points of view are great and I really am enjoying coming here everyday. I can't wait for the next chapter. What I will say, but I might be out of line, is that I can almost completely relate to Connor. We have been through a lot of similar experiences. I have been told, not bosting, that I too am a Rock. I have weathered a lot of storms and have helped a lot more get through theirs. One thing holds true, don't ever for get it, Your Heart is yours and it is a gift so use it for what the maker gave it to you to use it for. For each of it it is different for me, I was given the gift of emphathy. I always reach out because very few people do, and sometimes they need that helping hand. Connor is the same way! I just wish I could sing.

Well, enough. I am sure LB is going to ban me soon for taking over this chat room. lol :worship:

I think that we have all learned a lot from this story and it will carry with us the rest of our lives. I just have one more thing and I will go. I learned something a long time ago, I was 16 when I was told to memorize it and it has always stayed with me. I hope each of you find it as insightful as I did. "Don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today!" My take, you don't know what tomorrow brings, take advantage of today! LB, there is a little bit here I am sure you can add on to. Your story is basically saying this.

Boxerdude :read: