Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Overly-accepting straight people. :-)

I'm posting this true experience of mine as I think it's good for a laugh, not as a complaint, because straight people who are accepting of gays are IMHO a treasure.

OK, now, on with the recount: The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Sometimes, straight people can be a little TOO accepting and comfortable with the whole "gay" thing.

Up until a few years ago, I lived in Phoenix, and had been there for over ten years. So, I still have friends there, and once every month or two drive down (it's only about 150 miles) for a party or to just hang out.

A few days ago, I was supposed to meet up with some friends at an outdoor shopping area in downtown Scottsdale (Scottsdale is a suburb of Phoenix, and the downtown, called Oldtown, is a cross between touristy old west and an art colony). I parked and walked up to the cafe we were supposed to meet at. It was mid morning, and still cool by Summer-in-Phoenix standards: barely over 100. (ugh).

Instead of finding the half-dozen or so people that I was expecting, I found only Sylvia. I'd been close friends with her for years, and she had been one of the first people I came out to, over a decade ago. She's straight, BTW, as is everyone but me in that group of friends.

She told me that everyone else was three blocks away at another restaurant, and we left to head over there. En route, I spotted, in the distance, a vision spectacular leaning up against a wall. He was about a block away, and on the opposite side of the street. He was standing, leaning up against the wall, one leg raised with the sole of his shoe flat on the wall, and his head down, his face hidden by a Stetson hat (this is, after all, Arizona). What caught my eye, though, was the fact that he was shirtless, and hot! Not too unusual for Phoenix in the summer, but hot is hot (and I don't mean the temperature).

I have a "thing" for hot looking shirtless guys, and Sylvia knows it. I glanced over at her, and she had spotted him too, and knew my "routine" . I said "Whoa, look at the eye candy..." She nodded, and said "go, I'll be right behind you" so I pulled on my sunglasses, and then crossed the street.

What Sylvia knew is that, when I see a particularly hot guy, especially a shirtless one, I'll arrange it so that I can walk by in sunglasses and have myself a real good look. OK, not exactly classy, or brave, but I like doing it. So, Sylvia sent me on ahead to have my "fun", as she'd seen me do this plenty of times over the years. The odd thing was that she's usually right by my side on "recon", but didn't seem interested this time.

I crossed the street about 100 ft from the hottie, and headed his way. He was right on the sidewalk, so I knew I'd get a real good look. He was tan, and I could see blond hair sticking out from under the hat, and I could see that he was college-age, and had sunglasses on under his hat. He wasn't moving a muscle, had abs to die for, and was still, I thought, looking at the pavement.

I slow down to slooowly walk by, passing about three feet in front of him, having myself a good old look. Suddenly, his head flies up so that he is looking right at me at less than arm's length, and he yells "BOO!", startling the heck out of me.

He begins to double over, laughing his ass off.... I don't know what the hell is going on, and turn around to see Sylvia, a dozen feet away, collapsing in hysterics. It downed on me that I'd just been pranked, but I still had no idea how.

Then, Mr. Shirtless hottie takes off his sunglasses, grinning like an idiot, and I recognize him. I must have turned a dozen shades of red as I muttered "um, hi, Kyle".

Kyle is Sylvia's kid brother. I hadn't seen him in several months, and he hadn't had blond hair then, so with the hat and sunglasses I hadn't recognized him. Obviously, Sylvia and Kyle had known me well enough to know what I'd do, and had set the whole thing up.

When the two pranksters had stopped laughing, Kyle pointed behind me at the sidewalk Cafe across the street. There, to my chagrin, were the rest of our friends (two married couples), who ware also falling off their chairs due to laughing so hard.

Yep, I'd been set up and busted, but good. :lmao:

Kyle, Sylvia and I walked over to join them, and Kyle retrieved his T-shirt from his seat and put it back on before sitting down. We ordered drinks as they took turns filling me in on the details of their little set-up.

Bear in mind that except for Kyle, everyone there was between their mid twenties to mid thirties, and I'd known them all for years. Kyle had moved to Phoenix about a year ago when he transferred colleges.

What had happened was that they had all gathered early for a few drinks, and had planned on meeting me as planned. During the drinking, they had started talking about me, and decided that it was high time that I was the victim rather than the perpetrator of a practical joke. Apparently, Sylvia had at some point mentioned my, er, penchant for reconnoitering hot guys, and Kyle had come up with the plan. Sylvia had texed him when she saw me approach, and he had borrowed the hat from one of the other guys, pulled off his shirt, and headed across the street to be the "bait". And, of course, I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. :lmao:

We walked around Scottsdale for a while (mainly galleries in that section), catching up with each other. Any time an even marginally attractive guy came into view, I'd get a lot of ribbing: Hey, CJ, Eye candy approaching!".

Kyle did a fair amount of the teasing, and not long before we left he pulled off his shirt and joked "CJ needs his eye candy! Grrrr.... :D

Kyle left his shirt off, tucked into his back pocket, and joke or no joke I had a darn hard time not staring. I kidded him back, calling him a tease. :P

We decided to head back to the house of one of the couples for a BBQ, and Kyle never did bother to put his shirt back on. Of course, this spurred further rounds of jokes from everyone at my expense. :lmao:

Kyle handled the grill, and kept teasing me, at one point saying "the only reason I have my shirt off is I'm hot.." and then puffing out his chest and scratching it! (meaning hot as in temperature, but implying hot as in hottie!) Well, it was very funny in person, anyway. :D

After dinner, Kyle came into the living room with a camcorder, and I was treated to phase II of their fiendish plan! One of the women at the cafe had had the thing in her bag, and had filmed the whole prank, including me nearly jumping out of my skin. They must have replayed it a dozen times! :lmao:

I was sitting on the couch, blushing hard, when Kyle put the hat back on and resumed his "pose" from the prank, really hamming it up. Yep, they busted me, bigtime! :lmao:

Many laughs were had by all, and I had a blast. OK, for a little while before the BBQ I felt slightly uncomfortable (I'm the only gay guy in that group), but it was obvious that this was all done in fun, by old friends, so I forgot any reservations and joined in the fun. It's also worth noting that I myself have a well-known love of practical jokes, and even I have to admit that they got me, but good! :P

I do joke about them being "too accepting" but the real fact is that I'm bowled over by just how accepting they are. In the past my sexuality has never been an issue with them, but I never imagined they were this cool about it! (enough to give me some serious good-natured ribbing) Wow!! :wub:

I was especially bowled over by Kyle, whom I know the least-well. Not exactly your typical homophobic frat guy! :great:

I do, however, now find myself in desperate need of revenge. :devil: My next opportunity will be in August, when we are renting a houseboat on Lake Powell for a few days (they have threatened to bring the tape..)

OK, I don't actually want to drown anyone, nor sink the boat, but I gotta get even!!! :devil::devil:

Any ideas?

0:)

CJ

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
:lmao::lol::great:

Great story!

I hoped that people would get a laugh out of it, even though I'm still a bit red-faced!

But, Friendly, I need you to dig into your dark side and help me plot my revenge! :devil: My #1 target is Sylvia, and I can't think of a plan... I know she won't let me near her cosmetics or hair-care stuff (I got her with both a few years ago). I don't know if she still smokes pot, but she won't have forgotten that I was the one who put soap in her water bong, along with inking the top.... And this time, she will know darn well that I'll be out to try SOMETHING... ARGH!

Hmmm... Given Kyle's key role, maybe he should be my target if I can't get Sylvia? I've never really pranked him before... Hmmmm... I'd prefer, of course, to get everyone, but I am out of ideas.

(gee, don't I sound mature? ROFL!!!)

• Haha 1
I'm posting this true experience of mine as I think it's good for a laugh, not as a complaint, because straight people who are accepting of gays are IMHO a treasure.

I do, however, now find myself in desperate need of revenge. :devil: My next opportunity will be in August, when we are renting a houseboat on Lake Powell for a few days (they have threatened to bring the tape..)

OK, I don't actually want to drown anyone, nor sink the boat, but I gotta get even!!! :devil::devil:

Any ideas?

0:)

CJ

Hi James,

You could go dressed in a drag queen or a BDSM hulk with whips and chains :lol:

or better forget the experience and laugh about it,

or bring with you another gay guy, a close friend to you, very hot, and make with him another show :ranger:

Old Bob :2thumbs:

• Like 1

Have a little chat with Kyle, and make Sylvia think you actually turned her little brother gay and that you're now together ... that could be fun, especially if you can arrange some French kissing and groping to go on in front of her (only part of the act, of course! :P ), or arrange for her to walk in on you and Kyle in bed together. I could most definitely have a lot of fun with that one ... but, fortunately, I never get embarrassed. ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

• Haha 1
Have a little chat with Kyle, and make Sylvia think you actually turned her little brother gay and that you're now together ... that could be fun, especially if you can arrange some French kissing and groping to go on in front of her (only part of the act, of course! :P ), or arrange for her to walk in on you and Kyle in bed together. I could most definitely have a lot of fun with that one ... but, fortunately, I never get embarrassed. ;)

I really like this plan, C J! In fact I'm even willing to help **remembers the description of Kyle's incredible abs and blonde hair**. How about if we do a dry run first, and uh I'll play your part and you can pretend to be Sylvia and walk in (after a couple hours), you know to see how it would look ;)0:)

-Kevin (who's always willing to help out a friend :boy: )

• Haha 1
I don't know if she still smokes pot, but she won't have forgotten that I was the one who put soap in her water bong, along with inking the top

Funny, But that's just wrong!! :/

Now, loading said device for a person and hiding a fly or other interesting bug hidden inside of the dose, That is funny!! Just be prepared, I will never forget the time Lindsey puked in the bong, And neither will she! 0:) Or the time Berg puked in his new bag of donuts.(he was reclined smoking it, And for some reason decided to take a drink :o and yeah we all laughed until we almost were sick too. Gotta love stoner friends! :lol:

And it's really easy to hide insects in a joint or bowl, Just make sure you keep an eye on which ones so you know which ones to pass on. :)

B)

Hi James,

You could go dressed in a drag queen or a BDSM hulk with whips and chains :lol:

or better forget the experience and laugh about it,

or bring with you another gay guy, a close friend to you, very hot, and make with him another show :ranger:

Me, in drag? That would be risking their lives.. they would surely die laughing!!! :lmao:

I like the idea of bringing a very hot gay friend with me, but unfortunately I don't know anyone like that! :D

Buddha, you are Evil, and I love it! :devil::wub:

I have to admit, I'd love to try that for reasons other then the joke! :lmao:

I also wonder if he would rat me out to Sylvia (his sister) and turn the tables on me in some way?

But that is truly tempting, in a LOT of ways.... :evil:

BTW, you never get embarrassed? OK, I gotta ask: how would you have felt if you had been "busted" like I was (by Kyle and Sylvia), and they had it on camera? And were playing it over and over at a BBQ? :lmao:

:*)

I really like this plan, C J! In fact I'm even willing to help **remembers the description of Kyle's incredible abs and blonde hair**. How about if we do a dry run first, and uh I'll play your part and you can pretend to be Sylvia and walk in (after a couple hours), you know to see how it would look ;)0:)

-Kevin (who's always willing to help out a friend :boy: )

Why, Kevin, that's so, um, selfless of you! :lmao:

I'm afraid, though, that I could never impose on you in such a manner. :P

BTW, so far the only plan I have come up with myself involves some speakers that I have: they are basically the driver coils with a mounting screw, used to turn wall paneling into hidden speakers. I've had them since I was in high school (good thing I'm a pack-rat!) and now I thing I have a good use for them, IF I can find a way to install them and IF i can figure out a way to run wires.

I'm calling it "operation haunted houseboat". I'm thinking of burning a CD with all sorts of mildly eerie sounds, and using it in my boom-box (which has a remote), hooked up only to the hidden speakers. Later, once my audience was sufficiently paranoid, I could put in a scarier CD.

• Wow 1

Fantastic story - what a great set of friends you've got!

LBTW's plan has my vote, though you have to get Kyle on-side for it to work, but brilliant if he agreed! (little brothers are always up for messing with their sisters heads) :2thumbs:

The 'Haunted Houseboat' is waay cool too. We've did this in an old Victorian house in London, and it worked a treat... especially good if you're patient enough to run the gag over a few days. :devil:

If you do do the drag one take lots of photo's! ;)

Bug in bong :thumbdown:

Big fun!

Camy B)

• Like 1
Funny, But that's just wrong!! :/

Now, loading said device for a person and hiding a fly or other interesting bug hidden inside of the dose, That is funny!! Just be prepared, I will never forget the time Lindsey puked in the bong, And neither will she! 0:) Or the time Berg puked in his new bag of donuts.(he was reclined smoking it, And for some reason decided to take a drink :o and yeah we all laughed until we almost were sick too. Gotta love stoner friends! :lol:

And it's really easy to hide insects in a joint or bowl, Just make sure you keep an eye on which ones so you know which ones to pass on. :)

B)

Tim, yesterday I'd have thought that (adding bug parts) was just a bit too mean... But that was yesterday. Today, however, I got an e-mail from Sylvia, and long story short, THIS MEANS WAR! :mace:

I doubt anyone will be bringing any weed, though... I haven't seen any of 'em light up in a couple of years.

Hmmmm, however, Sylvia smokes cigarettes. I'm now getting ideas for all sorts of disgusting things to add to them. Coyote droppings come to mind...

LMFAO Well I think CJ should be grateful to have such a selfless, benevolent friend as you, Kevin! I can't imagine how horrible it will be for you to kiss a complete stranger-- you truly are a great friend lol. :D:funny:

Why yes, I was deeply touched... Such self-sacrifice! 0:)0:):P

Fantastic story - what a great set of friends you've got!

They are really cool. Sylvia was my best friend in college, and actually she was the first person I came out to.

LBTW's plan has my vote, though you have to get Kyle on-side for it to work, but brilliant if he agreed! (little brothers are always up for messing with their sisters heads) :2thumbs:

The 'Haunted Houseboat' is waay cool too. We've did this in an old Victorian house in London, and it worked a treat... especially good if you're patient enough to run the gag over a few days. :devil:

If you do do the drag one take lots of photo's! ;)

Bug in bong :thumbdown:

Big fun!

Hmmm... you are right, Little brothers do like to mess with their sister's heads... I think I just might sound him out on that... Might be tricky though: I don't have his contact info, as I usually go through Sylvia. If I asked her, she would know in a heartbeat that I am up to something. I'd have to wait and sound him out on the boat. I have to be careful here though: I don't want him to think that I'm just trying to find an excuse to make out with him: he is straight after all.

I'm definitely going to try the haunting idea over a few days. Houseboats make some odd sounds anyway, and when moored in a deserted canyon it can be darn spooky at night.

One thing I can guarantee is that I won't be doing drag! I'd never be able to pull that off, or for that matter even know how. (for one thing, I look like a lumberjack, not exactly the right body type for it!) :lmao:

I also think that I'd be far more embarrassed by that than I was by their prank in "busting" me! :lmao:

Edited by C James
  • Haha 1
One thing I can guarantee is that I won't be doing drag! I'd never be able to pull that off, or for that matter even know how. (for one thing, I look like a lumberjack, not exactly the right body type for it!) :lmao:

I also think that I'd be far more embarrassed by that than I was by their prank in "busting" me! :lmao:

Lumberjack??? :blink:

You look like a goat to me!!! :lmao:

Mind you, I like that devil pic of you, you know, with the red eyes and erect horns! :wub:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

P.S. Loved the story. Lil' Budda's idea is right on! :devil:

• Like 1
Lumberjack??? :blink:

You look like a goat to me!!! :lmao:

What? Haven't you ever heard of a Lumbergoat? :P

Mind you, I like that devil pic of you, you know, with the red eyes and erect horns! :wub:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

P.S. Loved the story. Lil' Budda's idea is right on! :devil:

Trust Buddha to come up with a plan! :great:

I like it too. :devil:

• Like 1
Buddha, you are Evil, and I love it! :devil::wub:

I have to admit, I'd love to try that for reasons other then the joke! :lmao:

I also wonder if he would rat me out to Sylvia (his sister) and turn the tables on me in some way?

But that is truly tempting, in a LOT of ways.... :evil:

BTW, you never get embarrassed? OK, I gotta ask: how would you have felt if you had been "busted" like I was (by Kyle and Sylvia), and they had it on camera? And were playing it over and over at a BBQ? :lmao:

:*)

I would have probably laughed a lot harder than the rest of them, and then spent the afternoon at the BBQ flirting with Kyle and trying to get in his pants ... the odds are that I would have been successful, too, straight or not. :P

*Hugz*

Buddha

• Wow 1
I would have probably laughed a lot harder than the rest of them, and then spent the afternoon at the BBQ flirting with Kyle and trying to get in his pants ... the odds are that I would have been successful, too, straight or not. :P

I think I did laugh the hardest, even though I was blushing a lot! :lmao:

Kyle was flirting a lot at the BBQ, but doing it in an over-the-top joking manner, ribbing me. I did flirt back a few times (all's fair! :lmao: ). That caused Sylvia to get in on the act, calling me a "dirty old man" and a "cradle robber" while swatting me over the head with a rolled up newspaper. :P

I had a good comeback for that, though: She is two years older than I am, and her last Boyfriend was 19! (Kyle is 22). I took great pleasure in reminding her of these facts. :lmao:

As for getting in his pants, I wish you would share your secrets! :devil:

I have my doubts that I could ever do that, though, even without the "straight problem" :lmao:

I might look like I'm in my late 20's, but I'm in my mid-30's and he's 22. Maybe Sylvia is right, and I am a dirty old man! :P

(for those under 18 who might be reading this, I do of course mean "getting in his pants" it a totally platonic way! 0:) )

Seriously though, I don't know just how far his "acceptance" goes, so I was being careful not to actually push the limits while joking around with him.

• Haha 1

Great Story CJames!

So far, the best payback on Sylvia I can think of has already been mentioned - make her think that little prank of hers nabbed you her little bro! Hehehe... you'll have to talk it out with him first, but something tells me he'll be game for it. Have Fun!

Who knows... maybe payback will result in you actually getting him... hehehe... good luck James!

• Like 1

Hi James

I was reading the different posts and suddenly remembered a joke I made a long long time ago. Perhaps you could use it . :D

It is a nice recipe if you really want to take revenge on a group and disturb a meeting for a long time (several hours!). But be careful, it could be dangerous, I experimented, but I decline each responsibility.

Do it outside and away from any inflammable material. Take about 100 g of Sulphur in powder and about the same amount of Aluminium powder. Mix it and fire the mixture. Be careful, it will burn suddenly with big flames. The ashes will have the form of small grey pearls. If you mix one pearl with water (for instance by putting it in a vase of flowers) it will form a gas (Hydrogen sulphide) with a very strong smell of rotten eggs. There is no way to purify the atmosphere of the room, just to open the windows and wait a few hours.

When I was fourteen, I put it in my classroom and everybody got free time during the rest of the day. I don

• Wow 1
Great Story CJames!

So far, the best payback on Sylvia I can think of has already been mentioned - make her think that little prank of hers nabbed you her little bro! Hehehe... you'll have to talk it out with him first, but something tells me he'll be game for it. Have Fun!

Who knows... maybe payback will result in you actually getting him... hehehe... good luck James!

I'm definitely going to see if Kyle would go for that (the joke!).

As for actually "getting" him, that is definitely tempting! :devil:

But, all jokes aside, I can't really, in good conscience, try. He's both straight and a friend, and if I succeeded I might ruin the friendship AND mess him up. However, that won't stop my hands from roaming a little if we do "make out" for Sylvia's benifit. :devil::devil:

Hi James

I was reading the different posts and suddenly remembered a joke I made a long long time ago. Perhaps you could use it . :D

It is a nice recipe if you really want to take revenge on a group and disturb a meeting for a long time (several hours!). But be careful, it could be dangerous, I experimented, but I decline each responsibility.

Do it outside and away from any inflammable material. Take about 100 g of Sulphur in powder and about the same amount of Aluminium powder. Mix it and fire the mixture. Be careful, it will burn suddenly with big flames.

That's definitly a very volatile mixture!! Powedered aluminum is used as fuel in most solid rockets!

You can reduce the intensity of the reaction by increasing the grain size. Finely powedered aluminum is exceedingly potent, and is used as a booster in some forms of explosives (which are known as aluminized explosives). If the grain size is very fine, you have the makings of a rather powerfull fuel-air explosive, so this would be exceedingly hazzerdous. :nuke:

The ashes will have the form of small grey pearls. If you mix one pearl with water (for instance by putting it in a vase of flowers) it will form a gas (Hydrogen sulphide) with a very strong smell of rotten eggs. There is no way to purify the atmosphere of the room, just to open the windows and wait a few hours.

When I was fourteen, I put it in my classroom and everybody got free time during the rest of the day. I don

Edited by C James
  • Like 1
Seriously though, I don't know just how far his "acceptance" goes, so I was being careful not to actually push the limits while joking around with him.

Gimme a picture of him and I could fake FIND photographic evidences that he's an "overly-accepting" boy. X)

Edited by Xandra Kitee
  • Haha 1
  • 14 years later...
  • Site Administrator

I'm curious how this ended? Did you get into bed with Kyle :P 

Also wondering if Steve from For The Love was written with him in mind 0:) 

(this is also the oldest topic in your club ;), but not anymore)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..