[Jack Frost] Moving On

Great chapter! :2thumbs:

I am very intregued by the multilingual aspect, and I think you are doing it very well indeed. It really adds a unique feel to the story. I much prefer the way you are handling the translations here (in parenthesis after the French) instead of at the bottom of the chapter.

I do agree with CaptainRick, teens do tend to use contractions in speech.

Steph did "fess up" to Ben, which pleased me. He's only been "aware" a day, so I think he's doing really great!

I was a bit surprised at first at Ben's statement about Step's Ass, however, then I remembered that Teens often say outrageous things and it fit perfectly.

Great job, oh Frosty one!! :2thumbs:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your replies guys! :P

Now let me comment on some points you've just brought up.

Contractions. Geez, do I look contractionphobic to you guys (am I Sharon?) I've always been a pro-contractions in stories. So don't shoot me, I write what I always speak in everyday language.

Steph did "fess up" to Ben, which pleased me. He's only been "aware" a day, so I think he's doing really great!

Oh did he? Though he hasn't given Ben a clear answer. :P

I remembered that Teens often say outrageous things and it fit perfectly.

Not just teens, I am very known to say outrageous things. Just ask my boyfriend, he'll agree with me so much. :devil:

Keep in mind, I'm 21...I'm no longer a *teenager*, but I recently just got out of the teenage years, so I'm rather new to being 20 something. I still act like a teenager in some ways...sooo. I'm no stranger yet. ;)

Thanks for your replies guys! :P

Oh did he? Though he hasn't given Ben a clear answer. :P

Well, not exactly, but he did indicate that "he didn't know himself", plus, as they say, actions speak louder than words. :devil:

I think he at least left a very clear impression that he's not 100% straight. :2thumbs:

Not just teens, I am very known to say outrageous things. Just ask my boyfriend, he'll agree with me so much. :devil:

Keep in mind, I'm 21...I'm no longer a *teenager*, but I recently just got out of the teenage years, so I'm rather new to being 20 something. I still act like a teenager in some ways...sooo. I'm no stranger yet. ;)

I do like the "real feel" of the story, the characters are very convincing. I also very much liked Step's facing of various issues, such as the cutting. Well done!! :2thumbs:

I am however deeply disturbed by your utterly unrealistic and unnatural portrayal of the lake: You have water in it! Water? In a lake? That's just wrong, man! :P

I am however deeply disturbed by your utterly unrealistic and unnatural portrayal of the lake: You have water in it! Water? In a lake? That's just wrong, man! :P

It gets worse...it actually has ice too. :blink:

No, you're not. Your contraction usage totaled 30 in Chapter 4. Some of them were even in French. B)

French contractions are mandatory...there are no options leaving them out, or it would be incorrect. :P

French contractions are mandatory...there are no options leaving them out, or it would be incorrect. :P

Notice my signature?? French isn't my language. And knock that count down to 27 if you're going to get technical. :blink:

Sharon

Fun story and entertaining characters. If I may put him my little two cents in on the bilingual aspect, you could just have quotation marks for the translation after having the French in italics. Not extremely familiar with Qu

Edited by Bondwriter
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice chapter. I like the humor in it, and Steph should get someone to help him out for his French class as Cjames pointed out. But who could possibly tutor him? :huh: Let me guess... Oh yeah, this could work! But will it be serious studying? :unsure:

Nice chapter. I like the humor in it, and Steph should get someone to help him out for his French class as Cjames pointed out. But who could possibly tutor him? :huh: Let me guess... Oh yeah, this could work! But will it be serious studying? :unsure:

You just gave me an idea. I needed that. :devil:

I dunno who could tutor him...I know it's not you!!! ;)

And thanks CJ...I'll catch up with your story later. :D