[Jack Frost] Moving On

Humph ... Only in the sense that all authors feel paternal towards their characters... (How do you feel about Steph or Ben, Jack?)

Nothing much really...I'm planning to kill them off anyway close to the end of the story.

Here is an exchange between CJames and Jack. A little feud has been going on for quite some time now, since Jack objects to being sold in slavery by CJames, raising obscure legal points (some convention of Human Rights...)

How would you feel if such a dreadful thing happened to Steph and Ben, faithful readers of Moving On? Is an author allowed to exert a right of life and death over such moving characters? It's time you stand for what you think is right, and let Jack know you want a bright future for Steph and Ben!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing much really...I'm planning to kill them off anyway close to the end of the story.

Here is an exchange between CJames and Jack. A little feud has been going on for quite some time now, since Jack objects to being sold in slavery by CJames, raising obscure legal points (some convention of Human Rights...)

How would you feel if such a dreadful thing happened to Steph and Ben, faithful readers of Moving On? Is an author allowed to exert a right of life and death over such moving characters? It's time you stand for what you think is right, and let Jack know you want a bright future for Steph and Ben!

To be clearer...I refuse to say that would happen, but just saying anything could happen in the story. Honestly, I don't have an ending all planned up yet...just running the story on and see how it ends. I intend to make this story somewhat realistic (just like the setting and some events that really happened in real life...), and death is just part of real life.

I could say I'm not a big fan of seeing characters dying. So you could say this could be a small chance instead of a big one.

I could say I'm not a big fan of seeing characters dying. So you could say this could be a small chance instead of a big one.

If you haven't plotted it yet, that would be an author's way of chickening out to find a proper conclusion. Come on Jack, I was only kidding with the heart of ice thing! I know it's not like you to pull such a mean one on your readers!

(And I'm not too much into leather... Read my story to get rid of easy misconceptions.)

Hi Jack and everyone else

I just read your entire story Jack and I think it is amazing ... You are a wonderfull writer, you describe the surroundings and the feelings of the people so well. I don't read the story but I live the story. I really like the french parts in the story. French is my second languages and it is nice to see both languages, English and French, combined in one story. The storyline is very good and I just love Ben, don't ask me why but I love that boy. Also I think Ben's little brother is a very good character in the story, the younger brother who looks up to his older brother.

I found your story just recently by accident. I read on another forum someone who said

Don't be too nice to Jack Frost.. he's pretty cold-hearted, ya know...

So I wanted to check it for myself so I read his story and I don't see a cold-hearted person. I see a warm-loving person through the characters is the story :wub: . Keep up the good work Jack

Sorry for my bad english, it is my third languages

Max

I agree with a lot of what you say, Max. I'm sure deep inside Jack is a warm, good-hearted loving person. And it's interesting to know that saying bad things about someone in a forum will get him new readers. No bad publicity, only publicity, apparently.

E-mailed Chapter 8 to Sharon.

It seems she's sleeping now since I don't see her on MSN. Must be my shoo-fly pie. :P

You've got mail. :D

And actually, for once, I was sleeping. Quite a change from my usual midnight edits. I'm starting to think Jack's a vampire as I usually only talk to him in the middle of the night. :blink:

Sharon

I'm starting to think Jack's a vampire as I usually only talk to him in the middle of the night. :blink:

Sharon

OK, so I was not the only one having the impression there was something fishy. Stake, anyone?

AND WHEN IS THE NEW CHAPTER GOING TO BE POSTED? :angry:

WARNING! Spoilers below: Go read chapter 8 first!~

That opening sequence was GREAT! And now I know why you gave both the dog and one of Steph's friends the same name!

Very convincing sequence, BTW! :2thumbs:

My hunch is that Krist knows, and was trying to show he's supportive (via including Ben, and his statements to Steph).

I have a feeling that things are coming to a head; how will Steph react if Ben is outed? And how will Steph's mother react if he is outed?

Now, too, we know who was in the bathroom. Very well done! I was expecting a far less pleasant reaction from whomever it was, unless of course Steph's reaction triggers trouble there...

Good one, Jack!!! :2thumbs:

And BTW, I agree with Sharon: Vampire... :P

That opening sequence was GREAT! And now I know why you gave both the dog and one of Steph's friends the same name!

Very convincing sequence, BTW! :2thumbs:

Oh I am so glad you commented on this. I loved this part. It had me laughing out loud. Woof :lmao:

Sharon

That's not my reason why I gave the dog and friend same name. It's because I actually have a dog named Jake back in Pennsylvania. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Jake's the black one...other one is Dillion, his brother. I miss them. :,( Jake does really love getting his belly rubbed. :P

Yes, the dream sequence is great. It fooled me completely. Nice develoments in this chapter. Glad they go back to the bedroom for having fun. Now the concern is about Mathieu's diet. What will happen if they keep locking themselves in and leaving the kid to plunder the cookies from the kitchen? :D

I don't know if it's really relevant to this thread, but it's great to see Sharon's and Jack's great work on the story.

I'm still loving the story, Jack, but I'm going to climb on my soapbox and make a speech. It's relevant to this chapter so you can't delete it. :2hands:

First it was the cliffhanger endings and now its dream sequences disguised as part of the story. Readers don't want these shameless practices any longer!!! :angry::thumbdown: They play havoc with our hearts and minds. 0:) It's particularly upsetting to see you young authors developing bad habits so early in the game.

Is anyone still reading??? :blink:

I was just wondering why you're not longer a goat. I guess CJ is alone now. :P

What do you mean I'm no longer a goat? Of course I am. :blink:

Seeing that you brought it up :sheep: ....

Who is my avatar and what is the connection between my avatar and the movie "Children of Dune".

So there!!! B) I'm so cool!

Conner (still a goat)

• 3 weeks later...

So what's going on for Steph and Ben? Any news about them coming out to their hockey friends? Is poor Mathieu still forced to glut on starch and fat because the boys leave him on his own, locked inside Ben's room?

The readers want to know! They have a right to!

Mathieu and the rest of the gang will be pigging out on pizza.

That's all the hint I will be giving.

Your characters will be eating Pizza? That's shocking! Horrendous! Absolutely abominable!

How could you?

Signed;

CJ, Forum lurker and resident hypocrite.