[Jack Frost] Moving On

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pie rather than cookies. The Lemoureaux are addicted to starch! I like the way this one moves things forward.

And I always admire fictional characters' ability to defy the laws that govern us poor mortals.

See the sequence: 1/ Wake up 2/ Engage in activities of a sexual nature 3/ Shower 4/ Get scalded and jump around in the nude 5/ End cleaning up 6/ Go and have breakfast 7/ Go and have coffee at Birna's... Note the narrator sticks with the characters at all time!

There's one very unglamorous activity I'd have had in # 2 (or 3 at the most). But I'm not a fiction hero. :(

Give that man some gaseous liquor for his cough!

(Enjoying the latest installment.)

--Rigel

Thanks. :D

This was great, Jack!

Matt is a crack-up! First the water, then the honey in the shampoo! :lmao:

I liked the resolution with Cecile, too.

The "liquor" was hilarious! :2thumbs:

I'm thinking about them buying a pet goat in the future, perhaps with sunglasses. ;)

Pie rather than cookies. The Lemoureaux are addicted to starch! I like the way this one moves things forward.

And I always admire fictional characters' ability to defy the laws that govern us poor mortals.

See the sequence: 1/ Wake up 2/ Engage in activities of a sexual nature 3/ Shower 4/ Get scalded and jump around in the nude 5/ End cleaning up 6/ Go and have breakfast 7/ Go and have coffee at Birna's... Note the narrator sticks with the characters at all time!

There's one very unglamorous activity I'd have had in # 2 (or 3 at the most). But I'm not a fiction hero. :(

What do you expect from a couple teenagers with hormones flooding their arteries after a night sleep? 0:)

Really nice job on this chapter, Jack! :2thumbs:

Mathieu's antics are hilarious.

I'm learning some colloquial French as well. :great:

Conner

I hope the curses are becoming more useful. :P

I showered. I shaved. I did whatever I always do in the bathroom every morning, including brushing my teeth.

I knew you could do it...

This chapter is an interesting report about the customs and habits of Pennsylvania inhabitants. (The others were too, but here, there's the contrast of moving out from the little community lost in the trees) And the many Scandinavians roaming around there.

The step-by-step description of both the driving license test and the bus ride is not boring. Tons of small details and the narrator's tone make it entertaining. I hope they've got some adventures in Canada (like busting a drug-dealing ring or preventing a terrorist attack; possibly meet Terrance and Philip?)

How come no one got mugged in New York? :wacko:

Ben telling Steph he had a big gun was cute. :funny:

You make Canadian border officials sound so polite and patient. They're not, believe me. They're all unfriendly, rude and just nasty people. :angry: They behave like they're running the country. They know they have you over a barrel. They think they're police officers. Oops :sheep: off topic again.

Taking pictures of Quebec road signs from a bus at dusk???? Steph really needs to get out more.

Like that was a filler chapter, eh? :blink: You could write one of those travel-log thingies. :lmao: You should have had the bus driver pointing out important landmarks over the pa system. :lmao:

That's just a little payback, mon cheri, for all those goat death threats!!! :music:

Conner 0:)

This chapter is an interesting report about the customs and habits of Pennsylvania inhabitants. (The others were too, but here, there's the contrast of moving out from the little community lost in the trees)

Or hiding from the trees, but that would be the author.. :P

I liked the portrayal of Steph on his first journey, and to me this chapter was a "coming of age" chapter; Driver's liscences and a first journey. Very well done!

Taking pictures of Quebec road signs from a bus at dusk???? Steph really needs to get out more.

Like that was a filler chapter, eh? :blink: You could write one of those travel-log thingies. :lmao: You should have had the bus driver pointing out important landmarks over the pa system. :lmao:

That's just a little payback, mon cheri, for all those goat death threats!!! :music:

Quite agreed, ConnEr, we goats gotta stick together! Frosty does say mean things about Goats... Revenge must be taken! :devil:

Heh, I liked the travelogue; I've never been to Montreal so I'm looking forward to "seeing" it through Ben and Steph's eyes.

The Canadian border crossing people have been polite to me. As someone from the USA, I'm a tourist coming into their country to be welcomed, rather than a returning citizen who might be smuggling in stuff.

By the way, Montreal is closer to the border than you let on--more like 50 km, not 50 miles--about half an hour's drive on Autoroute 15.

I never noticed French signs along the Northway (I-87 from Albany to Plattsburgh and Montreal); what stood out to me was that once you enter the Adirondack Park near Glens Falls, the background of many of the highway signs turns from the usual green to a park-like brown.

--Rigel

This chapter is an interesting report about the customs and habits of Pennsylvania inhabitants. (The others were too, but here, there's the contrast of moving out from the little community lost in the trees) And the many Scandinavians roaming around there.

The step-by-step description of both the driving license test and the bus ride is not boring. Tons of small details and the narrator's tone make it entertaining. I hope they've got some adventures in Canada (like busting a drug-dealing ring or preventing a terrorist attack; possibly meet Terrance and Philip?)

I am not sure if Terrance and Philip live in Montreal, seeing that they seem to be from Toronto based on my observation of that movie. It is possible they would encounter Stan's mom protesting down downtown Montreal blaming Canada for all of the America's ills.

How come no one got mugged in New York? :wacko:

Ben telling Steph he had a big gun was cute. :funny:

You make Canadian border officials sound so polite and patient. They're not, believe me. They're all unfriendly, rude and just nasty people. :angry: They behave like they're running the country. They know they have you over a barrel. They think they're police officers. Oops :sheep: off topic again.

NYC is surprisingly one of the safest major cities in the country. I never had a bad experience there and I go there several times per year in the past couple years now. There were cops everywhere, usually one per every couple blocks.

Well, they are sometimes...some customs are nice, some are just cold as f**K...whether they're Canadians or Americans. I guess it depends on a crossing, and the one I mostly use, LaColle...has been just fine in my experiences.

About the pictures, that's what I did when I first visited Quebec...taking some photos of the signs and Montreal's faint skyline. I wanted to capture my favorite moment in my life, and needlessly I have to say they came out blurry. 0:)

Vive le Qu

• 2 weeks later...

Great chapter, Jack. :2thumbs::worship:

Ben's a sweetheart. :wub: Mischievious, but nonetheless a sweetheart.

Ahemmm.... loonies are called such because the one-dollar coin has a loon on one side. A loon is not a species of duck. Google it. Loons often mate for life. They have been known to switch mates if the 'nesting' period doesn't work out well. :lmao:

Conner

Great chapter :2thumbs: I loved the "tourist's eye" view of Montreal, and am looking forward to more of it. Hermmm, I do wander, though, if Ben's ex will make an appearance?

One thing caught my eye;