[Jack Frost] Moving On

I think it's great that you used an actual location!

And Jack, aren't the 2000's a blur in your mind, too? :P

BTW, this is the 100th post in this thread! Congratulations on reaching the Centennial mark! :2thumbs:

All apologies for hijacking this thread all-be-it momentarily...

Does anyone find it suspicious that a lurker :ph34r: has made the centennial post on two different threads within the span of seven days?

:P

Steve

We now return to this thread in progress...

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one high school in that area, that'd be Crestwood. Fairview is an elementary school. Same for Rice.

The story is in the present...at least in this decade. I'm still too young to remember each decade very well beyond the 90s (the 80s are a blur in my mind... :P )

I did mention computer, internet, DVD, and cellphone. ;)

haha yeah i guess so...

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Black bears are shy and curious animal and they avoid humans. It's very rare for them to get aggressive towards to humans. That bear in the story was just curious at the car. ;)

I saw a bear once when I was a boy...my mum took me to show it and we were like 15 feet away from it with the neighbors. That's the only time I saw a wild bear. Other few times I saw them...they were roadkills. :P

A question for everyone. I couldn't help feeling I made this chapter as a "filler" and it seems to be "plain". Is it me or anyelse feels like that?

Black bears are shy and curious animal and they avoid humans. It's very rare for them to get aggressive towards to humans. That bear in the story was just curious at the car. ;)

I saw a bear once when I was a boy...my mum took me to show it and we were like 15 feet away from it with the neighbors. That's the only time I saw a wild bear. Other few times I saw them...they were roadkills. :P

A question for everyone. I couldn't help feeling I made this chapter as a "filler" and it seems to be "plain". Is it me or anyelse feels like that?

I get a lot of black bear around here. The do some damage as they like to scratch on wood and seem to like one corner of my house. I don't mind them, but if they get a little too incautious I fire a shot or two in their general direction to run them off (no, I do not aim for them, just near them).

BTW, if you leave food in your car, or even things that smell like food (such as a hamburger wrapper), they WILL break in.

I felt the chapter was good character development, especially for Krist. The Icelandic was a very nice touch! How did you do that?

I too wonder if Krist suspects anything?

I'm also wondering when the other shoe will drop (that sound in the Bathroom).

Great chapter!! :2thumbs:

It was a black bear, It was a year were there was no food in the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia,it then traveled to where we live.

I like the chappie Jack, wasn't boring :)

Edited by Drewbie

How I do that with Icelandic? I learnt some couple years ago and I still review a little once every while to refresh my mind. So I can make and understand some phrases without much problem. I thought it would be fun to put a "rare" language with only 300,000 speakers in the story. :D

Since Alex is Vietnamese so it's possible I might put some Vietnamese as well. My boyfriend is Vietnamese afterall and always talks to his parents in Vietnamese so I would have no clue what they're talking about. <_<

How I do that with Icelandic? I learnt some couple years ago and I still review a little once every while to refresh my mind. So I can make and understand some phrases without much problem. I thought it would be fun to put a "rare" language with only 300,000 speakers in the story. :D

Since Alex is Vietnamese so it's possible I might put some Vietnamese as well. My boyfriend is Vietnamese afterall and always talks to his parents in Vietnamese so I would have no clue what they're talking about. <_<

:o My dictionary is having heart palpitations.

Sharon

This is a chapter with lots of making out. They should stop using public restrooms before they get caught with their pants down! There are lots of threads that are left hanging, and waiting to be pulled in further chapters. It seems (but maybe I'm wrong) we're halfway through, or something's going to start.

As for the ursine situation, I know there were some in Northern Minnesota but never saw one. I've got friends who were woken up by one as they were camping in Alaska. They were quite scared. I've got lots of cats outside, living wild (they're not wildcats though). Less scary.

My one criticism of this chapter is the make-out scene in Krist's bathroom. That was just too close for comfort. I can certainly imagine Jake making out with Ben after he tries to comfort him, but dicks whipping out and all that action? :wub: Why would Ben put a stop to it in the tree house, only to get it on with his boyfriend in a place where they would likely be caught? :devil: To me it just doesn't quite seem real. Othere than that, it was a great read, as always. :great:

Just finished catching up with your story, Jack. I'm really enjoying it :great::worship:

I enjoyed reading this thread as well. Here's what I gleaned: you're an American, studying French in Montreal with (maybe) the hope of becoming a French teacher, you have a Vietnamese bf (in Montreal?) and some dude called Francois who edits your French and betareads, and you shoot sick goats. :blink: No one can say you're uninteresting. :great:

I hope you have something nasty planned for Fran. :thumbdown:

The French certainly know how to turn the air blue!! :devil:

A riddle: What do you get when you cross Jack Frost with Dracula? :P

Conner

Just finished catching up with your story, Jack. I'm really enjoying it :great::worship:

I enjoyed reading this thread as well. Here's what I gleaned: you're an American, studying French in Montreal with (maybe) the hope of becoming a French teacher, you have a Vietnamese bf (in Montreal?) and some dude called Francois who edits your French and betareads, and you shoot sick goats. :blink: No one can say you're uninteresting. :great:

A riddle: What do you get when you cross Jack Frost with Dracula? :P

Conner

Yes, you got it all right except Fran

They also are pretty fond of barbecued caprine animals, if you really want to know. :devil: So, Jack revealed my first name, because my nick might have sounded stupid, or bring to life fantasies he's struggled with and repressed... ;) Or maybe he's just an open sincere guy? For the French Canadian parts, I tend to trust him in using the colorful expressions of our Belle Province's cousins. And let's face it: he's not too bad with French.

They also are pretty fond of barbecued caprine animals, if you really want to know. :devil: So, Jack revealed my first name, because my nick might have sounded stupid, or bring to life fantasies he's struggled with and repressed... ;) Or maybe he's just an open sincere guy? For the French Canadian parts, I tend to trust him in using the colorful expressions of our Belle Province's cousins. And let's face it: he's not too bad with French.

Listen up, Frenchie! :2hands: There'll be no goat bar-b-que going on here at GA!!! :sheep: I hope you realize that Myr is very protective of his moderators. :ranger:

Yes, Jack is doing extremely well with the French content of his story. I should add that a lot of the French he uses is not taught in his uni studies...at least that would be my guess.

Riddle answer:

frostbite