Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

Hooves, cryptic evil number... I hope I didn't step into the Devil's lair! :o

Hmmm.. Cloven hooves? Yup... Evil number, umm, Yup... Hmmm, Horns? Yup...

Are Goats a well-known Satanic symbol? Ummm, yup.

btn70.gif

Me when I lost my sunglasses?

Now why would anyone think I'm Evil? It's not as if I leave the characters in my story frustrated, after all. 0:)

Edited by C James
I like the frustration thing actually (in fiction!). It seems to work on the readers to build suspense too. If you manage to keep it up until the very last chapter with your audience panting and with frothing mouth, this will be a feat. :lol:

Hmmmm, I think I'm going to need some ideas for believable interruptions and delays! The problem is that they have cars, and a big area of wilderness in which to go park. :devil:

• Site Administrator
Hmmmm, I think I'm going to need some ideas for believable interruptions and delays! The problem is that they have cars, and a big area of wilderness in which to go park. :devil:

To start with, Chris's car can get impounded as evidence (they already said that was a possibility) and Steve's car could've sustained some hidden structural damage as a result of driving on those back roads that night.

Let's see...

Chris's cottage gets burnt down (someone thought candles would romantic, but put them in the wrong place) which forced him to move into the house with Steve. That's when he finds out that Steve's mother likes to clean at odd hours of the day.

Sporting injuries are another potential delaying tactic, but they're both imaginative boys and would probably figure out alternatives eventually.

Is that enough for now? :devil:

To start with, Chris's car can get impounded as evidence (they already said that was a possibility) and Steve's car could've sustained some hidden structural damage as a result of driving on those back roads that night.

Let's see...

Chris's cottage gets burnt down (someone thought candles would romantic, but put them in the wrong place) which forced him to move into the house with Steve. That's when he finds out that Steve's mother likes to clean at odd hours of the day.

Sporting injuries are another potential delaying tactic, but they're both imaginative boys and would probably figure out alternatives eventually.

Is that enough for now? :devil:

Oh gosh, I can see it now:

"Chris ran at full speed down the soccer field, the wind blowing in his hair, racing to beat Steve to the goal. Pulling ahead just in time, Chris darts in front of Steve as Steve lined up for the goal. Neither would later remember exactly how it happened, but when they regained consciousness, surrounded by paramedics, it was painfully apparent to both that they had collided. Later, the doctors informed them that they both had torn hamstrings, and worse, would need to have their jaws wired shut for a month, as they had both managed to break them., along with all four of their shoulders."

Hmmmm, yes, sporting injuries have definite possibilities! :devil:

I'll have to do some research and check on what kind of injuries require a full body cast... :whistle:

Oh gosh, I can see it now:

"Chris ran at full speed down the soccer field, the wind blowing in his hair, racing to beat Steve to the goal. Pulling ahead just in time, Chris darts in front of Steve as Steve lined up for the goal. Neither would later remember exactly how it happened, but when they regained consciousness, surrounded by paramedics, it was painfully apparent to both that they had collided. Later, the doctors informed them that they both had torn hamstrings, and worse, would need to have their jaws wired shut for a month, as they had both managed to break them., along with all four of their shoulders."

Hmmmm, yes, sporting injuries have definite possibilities! :devil:

I'll have to do some research and check on what kind of injuries require a full body cast... :whistle:

All very imaginitive, I however am going to just go with the under realized subplot of Steve's Father being the antichrist. That bugger is always popping up saying 'we have a problem" just as Chris and Steve manage to pop up themselves. I don't think are as kosher in the 'Steve' household as reported to be, Erics evil ways had to manifest from somewhere right? Just watch I'm willing to say that nafarious line will rear its ugly head again... :devil:

Steve :P

All very imaginitive, I however am going to just go with the under realized subplot of Steve's Father being the antichrist. That bugger is always popping up saying 'we have a problem" just as Chris and Steve manage to pop up themselves. I don't think are as kosher in the 'Steve' household as reported to be, Erics evil ways had to manifest from somewhere right? Just watch I'm willing to say that nafarious line will rear its ugly head again... :devil:

Steve :P

ACK!

He's leaking the plot! Baaaad Fossil! I just hope our resident Echidna does not consider this a spoiler, and jab me with those spines of his...

Well, Eric does have a knack for causing "interruptions", even though he's never done so in person. Steve's dad, however, has. Twice.

Hmmmm, Steve's Dad is a cop. He would likely have Gunpowder on hand. Gunpowder, when eaten, has a very powerful libido-dampening effect. Soooo, what if, when they finally do get to be alone together, all they wanna do is play Backgammon? :devil:

• Site Administrator
He's leaking the plot! Baaaad Fossil! I just hope our resident Echidna does not consider this a spoiler, and jab me with those spines of his...

Even if I did, I wouldn't jab you. I have a sense of fairness, after all. The person doing the spoiling gets the jabs. I'll have to come up with something different for you, since you've just confirmed it, even if you didn't issue the spoiler in the first place....

Hmmmm, Steve's Dad is a cop. He would likely have Gunpowder on hand. Gunpowder, when eaten, has a very powerful libido-dampening effect. Soooo, what if, when they finally do get to be alone together, all they wanna do is play Backgammon? :devil:

I'll have to take your word for that. Eating gunpowder is something I have no personal experience with, and not something that I want to experiment with, either.

Just curious, when you last ate gunpowder, how long did the libido-dampening effect last for?

Even if I did, I wouldn't jab you. I have a sense of fairness, after all. The person doing the spoiling gets the jabs. I'll have to come up with something different for you, since you've just confirmed it, even if you didn't issue the spoiler in the first place....

Ohhh shdowgod? Please come here. A very nice Echidna has something for you, all the way from down under.... :whistle:

And would I confirm a spoiler? 0:)

I'll have to take your word for that. Eating gunpowder is something I have no personal experience with, and not something that I want to experiment with, either.

Just curious, when you last ate gunpowder, how long did the libido-dampening effect last for?

Well, as you probably know, Goats are famous for eating just about anything... :sheep:

Actually, though, I've never actually eaten gunpowder. In truth, it's an urban leged that the Military, prisons, etc, put saltpeter (an major component of gunpowder) in food to reduce libedo. I couldn't think of any other well-known anaphrodisiac.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to take your advice and go with the sports accident. I think pulled hamstrings, broken jaws, and broken shoulders (requiring imobilization of the hands and arms) ought to suffice? :whistle:

Delay!!!

The posting of Chapter 8 will take a little while. I was late sending it to EMoe for editing. Sorry!

The chapter does exist though, and the chapter title is "Pool Party"

and I'll even give a spoiler;

The chapter has words. Lots of 'em.

Actually, this is all EMoe's fault. Emoe has this silly rule about editing: He just will not send me an edited chapter until I send him the unedited draft of that chapter. :angry:

I've tried, repeatedly, to explain to him that this whole writing thing would be soooo much easier if he would just go ahead and send me the chapters instead of waiting for me to write them, but, he won't. (he's stubborn, ya know).

Delay!!!

The posting of Chapter 8 will take a little while. I was late sending it to EMoe for editing. Sorry!

The chapter does exist though, and the chapter title is "Pool Party"

and I'll even give a spoiler;

The chapter has words. Lots of 'em.

Actually, this is all EMoe's fault. Emoe has this silly rule about editing: He just will not send me an edited chapter until I send him the unedited draft of that chapter. :angry:

I've tried, repeatedly, to explain to him that this whole writing thing would be soooo much easier if he would just go ahead and send me the chapters instead of waiting for me to write them, but, he won't. (he's stubborn, ya know).

Oh no, that's another delay for Chris and Steve. OMG, I am afraid that if they go through the pool party without doing it, they will break their equipment. Please, oh mighty goat, have some mercy for the poor lads.

Hugs,

Michael.

Oh no, that's another delay for Chris and Steve. OMG, I am afraid that if they go through the pool party without doing it, they will break their equipment. Please, oh mighty goat, have some mercy for the poor lads.

Hugs,

Michael.

Hi Michael! I'm afraid I can't say much without giving away spoilers, but thanks to Emoe, I am able to post the following;

Chapter 8, "Pool Party", is up.

:snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork: :snork:

• Site Administrator

Another good chapter, with lots of fun hi-jinks. Thanks, CJ!

And I noticed the careful wording of the end of the chapter, so I'm going to have to wait for chapter 9 before I find out if anything happened to interrupt their night....

Edited by Graeme
Another good chapter, with lots of fun hi-jinks. Thanks, CJ!

Thanks Graeme!

Well, now we know why Eric stopped on the mountain. A heck of a long gap, though, between that happening and this chapter. I think that might work better if being read all at once, but over the timeframe of a serial people tend to forget what happened that far back.

BTW, I hope you won't mind, but I'm going to give out a spoiler: Dex was right about what is on that data stick (flash drive): It really is data. 0:)

Another good chapter, with lots of foreshadowing for future events. What's the legal age for drinking in Arizona? Aren't they going to get caught by the homophobic cops on this basis? I guess Chris and Steven's outfits are getting better every chapter! Can't wait for the moment they go to school in thongs! :P

Thank God, at last some release! Finally! I was getting blue balls waiting on these two. :P:P

Great Chapter! :worship::worship:

I see alot of foreboding in the Dad's warning. Homophobe cops. Will they take Eric's side and try to sweep his transgressions under the rug? Hmmm

What's on the mysterious data stick? -- yeah, duh, data. But what kind? Hmmmm.

Oh, and will the houseplant survive the vodka? And what about Joe's revenge?

I love it CJ. :2thumbs::great:

Another good chapter, with lots of foreshadowing for future events. What's the legal age for drinking in Arizona? Aren't they going to get caught by the homophobic cops on this basis? I guess Chris and Steven's outfits are getting better every chapter! Can't wait for the moment they go to school in thongs! :P

The legal drinking age in Arizona is 21. As for the homophobic cops, those are mainly the sherrifs department of the next town, Piedmont. I'd say it is quite possible that Chris and Steve have problems with that particular Sherif's department.

ROFL! about the outfits! :lmao:

Thanks Bondwriter!!!

Thank God, at last some release! Finally! I was getting blue balls waiting on these two. :P:P

ROFL!

So, when the father stopped them on their way into the apartment with the line "boys, we have a problem" line, did anyone think he was interupting them again? LoL.

My Beta reader, Shdowgod, was making comments as he read, and his comment after reading that line was "I HATE YOU!" :lol:

I see alot of foreboding in the Dad's warning. Homophobe cops. Will they take Eric's side and try to sweep his transgressions under the rug? Hmmm

We find out a lot more about that in Ch 9. :read:

What's on the mysterious data stick? -- yeah, duh, data. But what kind? Hmmmm.

I might be dodging spines from our spoiler-hating Echidna for this, but, I'll tell ya... The data consists of

<OUCH!> Owww, that hurt! Well, Ok, I'll have to keep my mouth shut about it, sorry. 0:)

Oh, and will the houseplant survive the vodka? And what about Joe's revenge?

Or Veronica's revenge, if Steve managed to kill her houseplant. :lol:

Thanks Rick!!

So, when the father stopped them on their way into the apartment with the line "boys, we have a problem" line, did anyone think he was interrupting them again? LoL.

I actually did and I would have found it very funny that they had to go on another mission that took them all night. Then you could have suffered some retaliation from disgruntled fans. :lmao: And the love scene was really nicely done.

• Site Administrator

There was something I didn't understand regarding the data stick. Dex said that there was only a few megabytes of data, but it was encrypted. He then said there may be some clusters that weren't overwritten.

The first statement makes sense to me -- if he's got some sensitive data, encrypting is smart.

The second statement confused me. It sounds like there has been an attempt to wipe the data, and that Dex is going to try to retrieve it. Now, if Eric believes the data has been wiped, why did he go to the effort of trying to hide the data stick, since it is highly unlikely he'll have the technology to retrieve the data afterwards?

It could be there was a block of encrypted data AND some 'deleted' data as well, but why would Dex be looking for deleted data if there was something on the data stick already?

Now, if the data that's important is encrypted, then the chances of decrypting it are pretty low without someone who understand cryptography. Public domain encryption algorithms are solid enough that you can't crack them. Since I've just had to learn a bit of cryptography for my job, I see the following options:

1. It's encrypted using a digital certificate, and that certificate is on Eric's computer (now Steve's, since it was Steve's originally, and he took it back in an earlier chapter). So, if they put it in THAT computer, and are logged in as Eric, it should decrypt automatically.

2. It's encrypted using a password. They would either have to guess that password (almost impossible), find it written down somewhere (and then they still need to understand what it is, AND allow for some deliberate changes (such as making the third letter a capital letter instead of lowercase -- Eric would know that and not need to write it correctly), or force/trick it out of Eric somehow (almost impossible, since he's in custody and there is no evidence that what is on the data stick is criminal).

3. Put a keyboard logger on a computer, and get Eric to access the data stick, and hence capture the password required (still very tricky).

There is always the possibility that Eric used something trivial to encrypt it, but I can't see him being that dumb. So, I'm betting on option 1 above.

(...) or force/trick it out of Eric somehow (almost impossible, since he's in custody and there is no evidence that what is on the data stick is criminal).

A simple plan:

1. Bribe some cop to get their way into jail

2. Torture Eric until he gives the password away

3. See what's on the data stick

Obviously neither very legal nor righteous, but this could work (and Mel Gibson will be happy to play Eric in the movie version). Good luck for writing your characters' way out of such a scenario and having them look good. :D

• Site Administrator
1. Bribe some cop to get their way into jail

Which brings up another possibility I thought of this morning while doing manual labour ( :thumbdown: )

What if the reason for the antagonistic attitude of the Peidmont cops is because of some sort of corruption, that Eric is mixed up in some way?

I've got no real evidence for it, except the way the cops jumped on the identify fraud issue and tried to pressure Chris for information about it. Maybe the information on the data stick is important to them for some reason (could be worth a lot of money, or a key to something big, or just incredibly incriminating) and they were wondering if Chris was working with Eric? They were pressuring him to try to find out what happened to the data stick, but they had to do it in a way that didn't tip off what they were after, if it turned out that Chris was clueless.

I think there is strong evidence that Eric is mixed up in other activities -- almost certainly illegal. It's just a question of how big those activities are -- would a cops son be a worthwhile recruit for organised crime?

I'm just putting this out for others (apart from CJ) to comment on. Feel free to tell me a a raving lunatic :D

C James -- don't you DARE respond to this post... :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..