Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

...but then there would be no more goats!?!

I would support that so C James would have no mates and be the last goat on earth.

Ack! I come back from a busy day and what do I find? A Discussion of my sex life! Or, conspiring to put an end to it!~ :o

What is this? Cruelty to Goats week? Oh, the Humanity... :sheep:

Ack! I come back from a busy day and what do I find? A Discussion of my sex life! Or, conspiring to put an end to it!~ :o

What is this? Cruelty to Goats week? Oh, the Humanity... :sheep:

Mating with sheep now, are you? :o

• Site Administrator

Some people require something to fill in the time while waiting for the next chapter. If C James isn't providing the topic direction with appropriate prose, others are making up something to keep themselves amused....

I'm hoping for the next chapter soon, because, quite frankly, the sex live (or lack thereof) of a goat is not something that interests me....

Did I miss something or what? This whole page #10 is only about animals' breeding habits! This is getting silly! *enters a policeman eager to put an end to all the silliness*

Some people require something to fill in the time while waiting for the next chapter. If C James isn't providing the topic direction with appropriate prose, others are making up something to keep themselves amused....

I'm hoping for the next chapter soon, because, quite frankly, the sex live (or lack thereof) of a goat is not something that interests me....

I think Graeme And Bondwriter both have excelent points. The answer, clearly, is for me to post Ch 10, "Race with the Devil".

However, I have no idea exactly when that will be. The only thing I can say for certain is that it will be sometime within the next three hours. :P

I think Graeme And Bondwriter both have excelent points. The answer, clearly, is for me to post Ch 10, "Race with the Devil".

However, I have no idea exactly when that will be. The only thing I can say for certain is that it will be sometime within the next three hours. :P

Race with the Devil?

Of course it will be a race with the devil when I attempt to ban goat breeding.

I'll shut up when you release the chapter. :P

Race with the Devil?

Of course it will be a race with the devil when I attempt to ban goat breeding.

I'll shut up when you release the chapter. :P

Which, of course, makes YOU the Devil. :devil: (was there ever any dount?)

Huh? CJames? Are you waiting for something in particular or are you just building up some tension so people taunt you ruthlessly into posting the new chapter? Or... do you like being ruthlessly taunted? :rolleyes: :wacko: :cowboy:

I had to do some minor wording tweaks, format it, and get it into eFiction. It's also a workday so I didin't know if I'd be interupted by a client. :lol:

Oh, BTW, Ch. 10, RACE WITH THE DEVIL is now online.

Which, of course, makes YOU the Devil. :devil: (was there ever any dount?)

I had to do some minor wording tweaks, format it, and get it into eFiction. It's also a workday so I didin't know if I'd be interupted by a client. :lol:

Oh, BTW, Ch. 10, RACE WITH THE DEVIL is now online.

Ok, well, whatever. It's FINALLY here. Now for my take on this one.

The only thing that "bothered" me about chapt 10 is why is the Sheriff shooting at Chris? I understand the homophobe thing and the Good Rev. Emoe connection, but I guess what I'm asking, is why is the sheriff coming after them in such a high profile way at this point? Just because he's gay? :huh: just doesn't seem to fit. Pulling a weapon and discharging it at an 17 or 18 year old is pretty extreme behavior. maybe I'm missing something. :huh: If he was going to shoot at all, I would think he would go for the tires, a more common thing for a cop to do. However, the result of a 9mm hole in a jeep tire would be rather immediate. Does this have something to do with the mysterious data thingy? hmmm. But how does the sheriff connect Chris with that. Oh, and where's Eric? Somehow I suspect he's connected to this behaviour. [yes Graeme, I used the Brit/Aussie spelling, I may be from Mississippi, but I'm not completely uncivilized!]

Rick

I got extremely frustrated, as always when I watch a movie or read a book, to experience once again the fact that however loud I shout to the character: "No, don't do this! Don't drive there! Don't use precious fuel for BS reasons!", as many before him (some of whom ending up victims of vicious killers or of dreadful perils), Chris didn't listen to me either.

I agree with Rick. The Piedmont Sheriff is a f**king b... :mace: I have a hard time understanding why Veronica also tells Chris to run away from him in the first place. I mean, I'm pretty sure this sheriff has ulterior motives and stuff, but I'd understand better if Chris had come to pick up a quarter of an ounce of weed to forget his BF's "unfaithfulness" than coming for a quick and friendly chat. At the same time, it makes me hate the guy, understand there is a conspiracy of uptight neurotic criminal minds and hope for a very happy ending when all these people will be thrown in the slammer.

Chris is really nice: he longs for his lover when he's being chased at full speed and shot at. He's a hell of a kid. (If I may without risking to infuriate Thaddeus)

Well, CJames, you've set your readers's expectations pretty high! There are questions to be answered! I hope you can still sleep at night! :lol:

Ok, purple pants and and the sex life of goats barnyard animals aside...

I would like to introduce a theory.

The Rev, Thaddeus Emo is not the baddy. Mr Williams is. Why was Steve adamant about NOT telling his father about the data stick? IT IS Mr. Williams who always is uttering 'We have a problem' Very suspicious like. And Lastly does the acorn fall far from the tree??

My suggestion, Keep your eye on Mr. Williams... :ph34r:

Steve

Edited by shdowgod
Ok, well, whatever. It's FINALLY here. Now for my take on this one.

The only thing that "bothered" me about chapt 10 is why is the Sheriff shooting at Chris? I understand the homophobe thing and the Good Rev. Emoe connection, but I guess what I'm asking, is why is the sheriff coming after them in such a high profile way at this point? Just because he's gay? :huh: just doesn't seem to fit. Pulling a weapon and discharging it at an 17 or 18 year old is pretty extreme behavior. maybe I'm missing something. :huh: If he was going to shoot at all, I would think he would go for the tires, a more common thing for a cop to do. However, the result of a 9mm hole in a jeep tire would be rather immediate. Does this have something to do with the mysterious data thingy? hmmm. But how does the sheriff connect Chris with that. Oh, and where's Eric? Somehow I suspect he's connected to this behaviour. [yes Graeme, I used the Brit/Aussie spelling, I may be from Mississippi, but I'm not completely uncivilized!]

Rick

Those are very good points. <looks around nervously for the Echidna..> But, those will be explained. Right now, we know that the Sherrif is non too friendly, and that Steve is roaring towards Piedmont at a hundred fifty mph. (241 KPH for our non-us readers.) With Chris and Chad trying to catch him in a car that can barely do half that. Too bad I'm not into cliches, or he could have been saved with a very convenient flat tire... (he isn't). (I hope the Echidna will spare me for revealing this negative spoiler?)

I have always loved irony, so Steve roaring into Piedmont to save Chris, who is actually behind him, appealed to me, especially as Steve was one of my favorite characters.

I got extremely frustrated, as always when I watch a movie or read a book, to experience once again the fact that however loud I shout to the character: "No, don't do this! Don't drive there! Don't use precious fuel for BS reasons!", as many before him (some of whom ending up victims of vicious killers or of dreadful perils), Chris didn't listen to me either.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks!!!

I agree with Rick. The Piedmont Sheriff is a f**king b... :mace: I have a hard time understanding why Veronica also tells Chris to run away from him in the first place. I mean, I'm pretty sure this sheriff has ulterior motives and stuff, but I'd understand better if Chris had come to pick up a quarter of an ounce of weed to forget his BF's "unfaithfulness" than coming for a quick and friendly chat. At the same time, it makes me hate the guy, understand there is a conspiracy of uptight neurotic criminal minds and hope for a very happy ending when all these people will be thrown in the slammer.

Chris is really nice: he longs for his lover when he's being chased at full speed and shot at. He's a hell of a kid. (If I may without risking to infuriate Thaddeus)

Yes, beware the Reverend Thaddeus J. Emoe.. He's rumored to have eyes everywhere...

I can't get into the why's (fear the Echidna!) but I'm curious if anyone had any reaction to Chris desperately trying to beat down the door to escape from the diner? Did a touch of humor (inwards, man) fit in a chase scenes like that, or was it incongruous?

Ok, purple pants and and the sex life of goats barnyard animals aside...

I would like to introduce a theory.

The Rev, Thaddeus Emo is not the baddy. Mr Williams is. Why was Steve adamant about NOT telling his father about the data stick? IT IS Mr. Williams who always is uttering 'We have a problem' . And Lastly does the acorn fall far from the tree??

My suggestion, Keep your eye on Mr. Williams... :ph34r:

I will mention that Shdowgod here is my Beta Reader (anonimously, of course) BUT, he has NOT read far enough ahead to actually know the answers to the theory he proposes. No one has, because I haven't written it yet. :P

Edited by C James
  • Site Administrator

Ho hum.... another boring chapter where not much happens. I think I'll go to bed -- it's put me into the right, relaxed mood to sleep.

[For those who might be tempted to believe the above statement is an accurate statement of what I think, I also have a bridge in Sydney for sale that's going very cheap....]

I can see the sheriff justifying the shooting. If he thought Chris was wanted for something, and was trying to escape (which is exactly what Chris appear to be doing), then calling out to stop or he'll shoot is a legitimate thing to do. I don't believe there are any regulations on how LOUD he has to call out, and it's quite probable that the noise of the jeep engine may have drowned out any shout, anyway. Having said that, it is still a very serious thing. I don't know what it is like in the USA, but in Australia EVERY discharge of a firearm by a policeman (with the possible exception of on the firing range) has to be reported and justified.

The sherrif's motives are still unknown. Homophobia would explain him harassing Chris, and impounding the jeep as evidence, but the shooting is extreme. I'm more inclined to believe that there has been an accusation of some sort against Chris and Steve (Eric has made one already, and the preacher implied another), and the sherrif wants to believe it.

I don't think the shooting was justified. He had no gun or any dangerous weapons, so he wasn't a threat to the life of the sheriff.

Cops don't shoot unless they're threatened. Guns are used as last resort. The cops are well trained to wrestle an unarmed person to the ground to handcuff him.

So, there is no justification putting someone's live at risk with that gun when the person is unarmed.

Calling out to stop or shoot to an unarmed person...god, if that is really tolerated...we would get a lot more people being shot by the cops for not stopping.

So I believe the sheriff wanted to scare him away from the town and don't come back and decided to be a reckless moron with that gun. He could've killed him with that thing if he missed the shot to the jeep and hit him instead.

I've been quite bothered by this cop's antiques. At first I thought it was the way cops in Arizona behaved, and I decided not to go spend my next vacations over there. I did a little research that proved what everybody said: shooting people is wrong, even for cops in rural Arizona.

That's why I decided to go to psychicswhoknowwhat'sgonnahappennext.com. Their services are rather costly, but I couldn't live in anguish for another week. Here's what they said (they like to make it sound a bit weird): Thou shalst be patient and in chapter 11 and a little bit in chapter 12 thou shalst find out a motive there is for the sheriff's crazy behaviour. And in Chapter 13 and chapter 14 thou shalst discover Steve and Chris into more problems run. But CJames a wise man is. He knows what he's doing.

Of course, saying CJames is a wise man as he discusses goats at great length makes me doubt a bit the veracity of the information. (Plus the whole Yoda meets King James babble doesn't make it sound very serious...) But two weeks from now I'll know if I should get a refund. 15 chapters to go? These two boys have already been: blackmailed, robbed, vilified and slandered by fundies, shot at.

There are still tons of perils they can encounter: giant porcupines from the southern hemisphere, feathers and tar, a whole range of weapons that haven't been used (from the bazooka to the basic rifle), they may be thrown into water so they drown (but they won't), kidnapped and sold to work in a salt mine, if not in a mid-eastern harem, forced to listen to the complete recordings of Billy Graham played backwards...

I trust the author to be even more imaginative than that.

Are you waiting for something in particular or are you just building up some tension so people taunt you ruthlessly into posting the new chapter?

Tension, indeed.

Great thrills and chills. :lmao: Loved the detail of the chase scene. Just goes to show what stupid things people do when they're in love and think that the relationship is threatened.

Jack B)

Cops don't shoot unless they're threatened. Guns are used as last resort. The cops are well trained to wrestle an unarmed person to the ground to handcuff him.

Just one minor addition to the beginning of that phrase: HONEST

I knew it was an old note. :P

And it was surprising that the sheriff was so gun happy on him.

And the chapter ends...so fast...c'mon. :(

Yup... That (the note) was set up in Ch 8 when Veronica said "Don't XXXX it up this time, Blondie."

So, Chris over-reacted, got paranoid, and headed for friendly Piedmont. 0:)

The chapter was over 6k words, about average chapter size?

And maybe the Sheriff was just trying to give Chris a warm welcome? 0:)

Ho hum.... another boring chapter where not much happens. I think I'll go to bed -- it's put me into the right, relaxed mood to sleep.

[For those who might be tempted to believe the above statement is an accurate statement of what I think, I also have a bridge in Sydney for sale that's going very cheap....]

:lmao::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Thanks Graeme!!! :2thumbs:

I can see the sheriff justifying the shooting. If he thought Chris was wanted for something, and was trying to escape (which is exactly what Chris appear to be doing), then calling out to stop or he'll shoot is a legitimate thing to do. I don't believe there are any regulations on how LOUD he has to call out, and it's quite probable that the noise of the jeep engine may have drowned out any shout, anyway. Having said that, it is still a very serious thing. I don't know what it is like in the USA, but in Australia EVERY discharge of a firearm by a policeman (with the possible exception of on the firing range) has to be reported and justified.

It's the same in Arizona: Every firearms discharge in the line of duty is supposed to be reported.

Out of fear of your spines, I cannot say more...

I don't think the shooting was justified. He had no gun or any dangerous weapons, so he wasn't a threat to the life of the sheriff.

Yep... 0:)

I've been quite bothered by this cop's antiques. At first I thought it was the way cops in Arizona behaved, and I decided not to go spend my next vacations over there. I did a little research that proved what everybody said: shooting people is wrong, even for cops in rural Arizona.

That's why I decided to go to psychicswhoknowwhat'sgonnahappennext.com. Their services are rather costly, but I couldn't live in anguish for another week. Here's what they said (they like to make it sound a bit weird): Thou shalst be patient and in chapter 11 and a little bit in chapter 12 thou shalst find out a motive there is for the sheriff's crazy behaviour. And in Chapter 13 and chapter 14 thou shalst discover Steve and Chris into more problems run. But CJames a wise man is. He knows what he's doing.

Wise? Me? ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they got the first part of the prediction right... :lmao:

Of course, saying CJames is a wise man as he discusses goats at great length makes me doubt a bit the veracity of the information. (Plus the whole Yoda meets King James babble doesn't make it sound very serious...) But two weeks from now I'll know if I should get a refund. 15 chapters to go? These two boys have already been: blackmailed, robbed, vilified and slandered by fundies, shot at.

As a guess, 15 to 20 chapters to go. Probably 20. I originally had a detailed outline, but I ditched it around Ch 5 because things kept occurring to me as I wrote. I do have an outline of the major and minor plot arcs (which can always change or be added to) but how much I cover in a particular chapter is not possible for me to predict, so I can't really know. I'm looking forward to some of the upcoming chapters, as they might make Ch 10 seem a bit dull. 0:)

Tension, indeed.

Great thrills and chills. :lmao: Loved the detail of the chase scene. Just goes to show what stupid things people do when they're in love and think that the relationship is threatened.

Jack B)

Thanks! Yep, That's what I was going for: People sometimes do dumb things, and those things can have unforeseen consequences.

Just one minor addition to the beginning of that phrase: HONEST

0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..