The Power within, Chapter 23

Poor Brian? Naw...he did just what he should do and called Pete on his bullcrap. Pete's dad gave him an earful that he needed to have as well. I sure don't like what's happened between Brian and Pete, but damn I was happy to see Brian stick up for himself and call Pete on his hypocrisy. At this point, I'm hoping Brian meets some nice guy who will really value him instead of taking him for granted like Pete did. Then Pete can really reach an understanding on how bad he messed up once and for all.

Yep, it was great to see Pete get called on the hypocracy by both Brian and Kevin and even MORE satisfying to see that Pete does have a consience!

I agree with James that it would be good for Brian to get a decent boyfriend in time for Pete to realise the huge mistake(s) he's made.

I also think there's alot more that we haven't see yet about Pete's time with his mother's abusive boyfriend (I think there's more than just verbal and physical abuse that Pete hasn't dealt with).

The Power Within is a great story and I'm hoping that Dewey found LOTS of time to write over the holidays so we don't have too long to wait for the next chapter.

Steve

• Site Moderator
Yep, it was great to see Pete get called on the hypocracy by both Brian and Kevin and even MORE satisfying to see that Pete does have a consience!

I also think there's alot more that we haven't see yet about Pete's time with his mother's abusive boyfriend (I think there's more than just verbal and physical abuse that Pete hasn't dealt with).

Steve

It's about time that Pete gets a dose of his own medicine. I also think that Pete, and others, will come to realize that Ryan is a rebound boyfriend.

I also agree that Pete hasn't fully dealt with his demons of the past.

Knocks on wood :P

I'm knocking on my wood. Please shed a little light on this personalized forum. It would be helpful if someone would post a link to whatever story you're commenting about. Don't exclude us guys who are on the 'outs.' :wacko:

I'm knocking on my wood. Please shed a little light on this personalized forum. It would be helpful if someone would post a link to whatever story you're commenting about. Don't exclude us guys who are on the 'outs.' :wacko:

I really must agree with Jack -- And thanks Kitty for the link!!!

I would also suggest that you start at the beginning of the series and not just The Power Within. I don't think reading the prior stories would be required to follow or enjoy the story but it would fill in many blanks from the occasional reference to past issues from the characters.

• Site Administrator

For the Love of Pete and the follow up stories go with Working it Out by Don Hanratty, The Foley-Mashburn Saga by Brew Maxwell and New Life by The Eggman in helping me come to terms with being gay.

You can go with the recommended order, but I found reading Brian's Destruction as a complete story didn't hurt.

• Site Moderator
You can go with the recommended order, but I found reading Brian's Destruction as a complete story didn't hurt.

I had read most of the saga before the list came out.

For the Love of Pete and the follow up stories go with Working it Out by Don Hanratty, The Foley-Mashburn Saga by Brew Maxwell and New Life by The Eggman in helping me come to terms with being gay.

I like where Keith and Prez (A New Life) comes to see Brian & Pete in Brians Destruction.

• 4 weeks later...
I should add "the Castaway Hotel" by Bill W's (Rainbow youth) as another saga of a gay father and grandfather....As Graeme, I learned from all these stories that you could be a "normal" person to have children and be gay.

For all those who didnt read yet these stories, you will have the pleasure to have the whole story at once and not to wait on the next chapter(as we do now for "Pete and Brian"). In this saga, I like particularly the fact that you can identify yourself successively with both characters and really participate to their feelings.