[Shadowgod] Silly Season Polling: Cliffhangers

Cliffhanger survey  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which author uses the most cliffhangers?

• C James
    • Graeme
    • Shadowgod
    • I haven't read enough of their stories to form a judgement
  2. 2. Which author has used the worst cliffhanger?

• C James
    • Graeme
    • Shadowgod
  3. 3. Which author uses the least number of cliffhangers?

• C James
    • Graeme
    • Shadowgod

• Site Administrator

Silly season polling. C James consistently claims he doesn't use cliffhangers, while he claims that Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: (see the previous survey where it looks like the majority of voters agree with him), and that he thinks my latest story has a really nasty cliffhanger.

Let's see what everyone else thinks. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly season polling. C James consistently claims he doesn't use cliffhangers, while he claims that Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: (see the previous survey where it looks like the majority of voters agree with him), and that he thinks my latest story has a really nasty cliffhanger.

Three votes so far. 33.33333% of the voters seem to be CJames' minions.

Hah! I say CJ has already voted. *laughing madly* Who else would say that CJ has to cliffhangers? Joke of the year!

Anyway CJ is the most evil of course. He makes us pine (like the end of this Chapter of LTMP) Haha!

And of course, Graeme has no cliffhangers at all. I have read New Brother but each time a chpater ended, he gave me another. How sweet, Graeme! And of course, there're no cliffahngers in short stories.

Shadowgod... I have read only his short stories. (sorry) but this proves that he never uses cliffhangers.

No, CJ, only you are the evil one here! :D

Ieshwar

Echidna!! Is this another attempt to steal for yourself Shadowgod's precious title ( :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: )?

What Graeme is failing to mention is that his currents Story, "Heart of the Tree", has the central character in dire danger of being literally chapped to bits! This has been an ongoing threat, so the story is just chock full of Cliffangers! We won't even mention (well, yes, I will) poor, sweet aunt Cynthia, who suffered one lulu of a cliffhanger!@

So, it's either a choice of voting for Shadowgod, or Graeme; I'll let the readers decide.

Three votes so far. 33.33333% of the voters seem to be CJames' minions.

I suspect an antipodean conspiracy!

Hah! I say CJ has already voted. *laughing madly* Who else would say that CJ has to cliffhangers? Joke of the year!

Anyway CJ is the most evil of course. He makes us pine (like the end of this Chapter of LTMP) Haha!

And of course, Graeme has no cliffhangers at all. I have read New Brother but each time a chpater ended, he gave me another. How sweet, Graeme! And of course, there're no cliffahngers in short stories.

Shadowgod... I have read only his short stories. (sorry) but this proves that he never uses cliffhangers.

No, CJ, only you are the evil one here! :D

Ieshwar

Ieshwar! :o

Most everyone knows that I never use cliffhangers!

And Graeme does so use cliffhangers.. And how could you possibly think I'm evil... My stories are all sweetness and light!

And Iseshwar, if you want to read a really good story, try Shadowgod's Living in Surreality, and take a close look when you do at Ch 26, then you'll come back and vote for Shadowgod, guaranteed. Or maybe Graeme.

• Site Administrator

Okay guys and gals.

I think it is about time that we seriously consider having an intervention with CJ :unsure: .

CJ, please know that we all love you and care for you in a way that can't be explained :wub: . We want you to not feel the internal strife and turmoil that your currently putting yourself through. The first step for recovering from a problem, is admitting you have a problem. Once you do this, you can begin to heal.

So, we beg you, we implore you, to say these four words:

I write evil cliffhangers

Once you say these words for the first time, we can get you on the road to recovery. In twelve easy steps, we can all support you in writing beautiful chapters without the need to finish them with a cliffhanger.

It is always easier to blame others for our weaknesses, and to deny that we have a weakness. But all of us, will combine our efforts to help you realize that you can change. You will change. You need to change.

Just remember, four words will put you on the path of recovery.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Steve :P

Okay guys and gals.

I think it is about time that we seriously consider having an intervention with CJ :unsure: .

CJ, please know that we all love you and care for you in a way that can't be explained :wub: . We want you to not feel the internal strife and turmoil that your currently putting yourself through. The first step for recovering from a problem, is admitting you have a problem. Once you do this, you can begin to heal.

So, we beg you, we implore you, to say these four words:

I write evil cliffhangers

Once you say these words for the first time, we can get you on the road to recovery. In twelve easy steps, we can all support you in writing beautiful chapters without the need to finish them with a cliffhanger.

It is always easier to blame others for our weaknesses, and to deny that we have a weakness. But all of us, will combine our efforts to help you realize that you can change. You will change. You need to change.

Just remember, four words will put you on the path of recovery.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ack!!!!!

But Steve... I never, ever use cliffhangers!

In fact, I can prove my aversion to them! In FTL, after Chris blew up the Sheriff's house, I took great care to end the chapter with him almost safe... Had I ended it anywhere else, it would have been a cliffhanger... This, therefor, proves that I avoid hangovers!

• Site Administrator
This, therefor, proves that I avoid hangovers!

You avoidance of hangovers isn't being discussed. It is your use of cliffhangers that is the topic of conversation :P

As an example of a cliffhanger, what about the scene where Eric has staked Chris and Steve out in the hot desert sun, and left them to die? The chapter ends with no sign of rescue and Chris passing out. How can that not be a cliffhanger?

You avoidance of hangovers isn't being discussed. It is your use of cliffhangers that is the topic of conversation :P

As an example of a cliffhanger, what about the scene where Eric has staked Chris and Steve out in the hot desert sun, and left them to die? The chapter ends with no sign of rescue and Chris passing out. How can that not be a cliffhanger?

Oooopss... Well, Shadowgod is also the :snork: King of Eeeevil Hangovers, :snork: so it sort of relates? 0:)

Actually, Graeme, I'll agree with you there; if I did indeed end a chapter with Chris passing out, then that would indeed be a cliffhanger.

However, if I did not, then it proves MY point that I avoid 'em.

Hint: FTL 22: "Fun in the Sun", ended with the words;

"Anyway, I've got places to go and people to see. Have a nice day, dudes."

With that, Eric lowered himself over the edge and was gone. Steve yelled for him a few times, but no answer, just the sound of Steve's voice echoing off the sun-baked desert cliffs.

Chris didn't pass out until early in Ch 23.

Thank you for proving, once again, that I avoid cliffhangers.

:P:P:P

• Site Administrator

Okay, I misremembered the point he passed out. Everything else still applies, and I think that is enough for it to qualify as a cliffhanger -- just not as bad a cliffhanger as if the chapter had ended with Chris passing out :P

• Site Administrator
Thank you for proving, once again, that I avoid cliffhangers.

:P:P:P

Now, now CJ, you are showing all the classic signs of denial. Your first off denying that you use cliffhangers, and I do believe the majority of people tend to disagree. Second, your trying to deflect the blame by minimizing the impact your problem is causing by trying to justify it. And last, your trying to blame others, like poor innocent Shadowgod 0:) .

Once thing I have to commend Steve (Shadowgod) on, was he fully admitted the LiS26 ended in a cliffhanger. He was man enough to admit that he left us hanging. Now, I know it is in you to summon the fortitude to do the same.

Remember, we all love you, and are doing this only in your best interest.

Don't make us take the next step, which is tough love.

Okay, I misremembered the point he passed out. Everything else still applies, and I think that is enough for it to qualify as a cliffhanger -- just not as bad a cliffhanger as if the chapter had ended with Chris passing out :P

I don't see it as a cliffhanger at all. Eric was leaving, and the guys were unharmed, just soaking up a few rays, working on their tans.

Eric even said "Have a nice day..." Now, come on, what kind of a cliffhanger has "have a nice day" in it? :)

Of course, it would have been a cliffhanger had I ended it when Chris passed out... But I resisted Shadowgod's influence and didn't do it.

BTW, when I sent the chapter to Shadowgod for Beta, I added a lot of spaces after Chis passed out, and had just the words "The End" in there. 0:)

Now, now CJ, you are showing all the classic signs of denial. Your first off denying that you use cliffhangers, and I do believe the majority of people tend to disagree. Second, your trying to deflect the blame by minimizing the impact your problem is causing by trying to justify it. And last, your trying to blame others, like poor innocent Shadowgod 0:) .

Once thing I have to commend Steve (Shadowgod) on, was he fully admitted the LiS26 ended in a cliffhanger. He was man enough to admit that he left us hanging. Now, I know it is in you to summon the fortitude to do the same.

Remember, we all love you, and are doing this only in your best interest.

Don't make us take the next step, which is tough love.

Steve! What must I do to convince you? Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king: and yes, he did sort of admit that LiS 26 was a cliffhanger, though how could he not?

As for any that MIGHT appear in my stories, think it through... Shadowgod is the Anonymous Beta Reader. He often inserts things into the chapters. He's the :king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king: .. So I'll leave you to figure out where any such cliifies might come from... :)

Speaking of denial, you will note that Shadowgod has yet to fully embrace his title? So I think an intervention is definitely called for there, for Shadowgod...

We might need one for Graeme, too; he seems to deny his own penchant for wicked cliffhangers (Like leaving his central character about to be rendered limb from limb).

• Site Administrator

Ack :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: !!!

What is going on????? Somehow CJ used his hypnotic eyes to influence a couple of unsuspecting readers to not vote for him, and to vote for Shadowgod!!

I knew somehow CJ would fix this poll :angry: .

Edited by wildone
Ack :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: !!!

What is going on????? Somehow CJ used his hypnotic eyes to influence a couple of unsuspecting readers to not vote for him, and to vote for Shadowgod!!

I knew somehow CJ would fix this poll :angry: .

I've merely been getting the word out about this nefarious poll. I'm just astonished that seven people thing I actually use cliffhangers! The Echidna's propaganda must be more effective than I'd thought... :2hands:

• Site Administrator
I've merely been getting the word out about this nefarious poll. I'm just astonished that seven people thing I actually use cliffhangers! The Echidna's propaganda must be more effective than I'd thought... :2hands:

Propaganda? What propaganda? I haven't even advertised the poll -- CJ has been doing that, not me! All I'm doing is asking questions.....

Propaganda? What propaganda? I haven't even advertised the poll -- CJ has been doing that, not me! All I'm doing is asking questions.....

Ahhh, but you have been claiming that I use cliffhangers.. That's propaganda! :P

Ahhh, but you have been claiming that I use cliffhangers.. That's propaganda! :P

As you have been claiming for me.. whats good for the goat is good for the ... herd?? Have we decided on that yet??

ps might as well add my vote since its up right??

As you have been claiming for me.. whats good for the goat is good for the ... herd?? Have we decided on that yet??

ps might as well add my vote since its up right??

ACK!!!! But you DO use cliffhangers... Not even you can deny that LiS 26 was one lulu of a cliffhanger.

And i see how you voted! I knew the vote totals before you did, and I see them now! I think you're in denial... you are, after all, the

:king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king:

:P

ACK!!!! But you DO use cliffhangers... Not even you can deny that LiS 26 was one lulu of a cliffhanger.

And i see how you voted! I knew the vote totals before you did, and I see them now! I think you're in denial... you are, after all, the

:P

No you didnt I hit show results and it showed me them, SO I knew in advance how the vote was going...

• Site Administrator
So you haven't voted yet? Cool! You will, I'm sure, want to vote for yourself in the first two questions... :)

I'm sure Shadowgod is too modest to vote for himself too much. He'll probably only vote for himself once -- maybe in the last poll.... :P

I'm sure Shadowgod is too modest to vote for himself too much. He'll probably only vote for himself once -- maybe in the last poll.... :P

B) ..........Well CJ, I see the mob giving you a rough time, so I voted for you to lift your spirits!

• Site Administrator

Hey, Way to Go Benji :worship:

It appears you have lifted CJ's spirits by voting for CJ in question one and two, unsure who you voted for in three though :D

Steve

ACK! I don't know how you're doing it, but the side accusing me of using cliffies is pulling ahead! ARGH!

And worse, I'm being accused of using worse cliffies that Shadowgod himself! That's preposterous! He's not the

for nothing, you know!

Humph!

B) ..........Well CJ, I see the mob giving you a rough time, so I voted for you to lift your spirits!

Ummm, I hope you only voted for me in question #3; one and two are there only to set me up for defamation the the dark and prickly forces from down under... :2hands:

Hey, Way to Go Benji :worship:

It appears you have lifted CJ's spirits by voting for CJ in question one and two, unsure who you voted for in three though :D

Steve

ACK! Why won't anyone believe me: Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king: (confirmed as such by Graeme's own poll) so therefor it stands to reason he, and he alone, should be voted for in the first two polls.

What hath the Echidna wrought?

• Site Administrator
ACK! Why won't anyone believe me: Shadowgod is the :king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king: (confirmed as such by Graeme's own poll) so therefor it stands to reason he, and he alone, should be voted for in the first two polls.

What hath the Echidna wrought?

Emperors outrank Kings. Maybe this is a sign that we should be acclaiming C James as the Emperor of Eeeevil Cliffhangers? I can feel another poll coming on... :lol:

Emperors outrank Kings. Maybe this is a sign that we should be acclaiming C James as the Emperor of Eeeevil Cliffhangers? I can feel another poll coming on... :lol:

Graeme, has it escaped your attention that there are no cliffhangers so far in LTMP? :P That sort of torpedoes your claims, I think. :P