I wasn't expecting an epilogue, so was delighted to see this appear. Am not sure I'm quite so happy having read it.
But on reflection to end this way is probably more realistic than to end on a happy note. So, congratulations to you for being brave enough to do that.
Ah, but is it Tyler?
And while you're pondering that I'm sure you can also imagine a small stuffed toy.
Here you go: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=stuffed+elephant+key+ring&ref=nb_sb_noss
The Sting
I started to walk away when he spoke again.
“It won't be the first time, dad ...”
----------
Although I'd spoken to the kid as I passed him, I had no intention of starting a conversation with him. I'd assumed from the way he was dressed and just standing there at that time of the evening, he was looking to be picked up. I was definitely not into kids even though I was gay. Besides, he could even be a police plant – I'd heard they did such thing