Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. centexhairysub

    Classics

    What a real delight; and so descriptive; love the change of hair color...
  2. And away we go...
  3. Well, damn, this will put Calvert in a spot, which honestly doesn't bother me, but it will put Granger in one as well, and that does. I am not sure that Granger making this a to do in the House of Lords would be the right thing either, but he will have to have an external pressure that can be brought to bear on the Admiralty to budge them at all. Having the support of the Granger family has been a help to more than one person; but as Granger said, you also inherit their enemies. How much of an enemy are the Chalmers family; they obviously have a reason, that they believe in, but do they have enough support in the navy or elsewhere to really make anything stick? Is there a Chalmers that is higher than Granger; and still serving? Plus, you would think they would not want what happened in the past to be brought back up either. If I remember correctly, Midshipman Chalmers was so unpopular that not one person spoke up for him asking for mercy. Granger will do what he has to do in order to help Calvert; but how much of his precious time, energy, and favors will it take to see results. A most devilish issue you have deduced @Mark Arbour
  4. OMG, talk about the woe is me card being played; JJ has a whole deck of them. LOL. I do think that they are rougher on JJ's friends; but some of that is because JJ, whether he will admit it or not, is more vulnerable than Will. And to some extent they were all right about Alex; who turned out to be a shit. JJ needs to realize that they are doing what they do out of love; or in Brad's case, love with a desire to control at least one of his kids. LOL. JJ needs to realize that he is ever going to be able to get away from his family; and would he really want to if he could? Kris is going to be okay, and so will JJ but he needs to learn how to deal with his family in a more constructive manner. Will hit the main issue with the email as soon as he read it. Taylor is still holding on to everything being all about her and what happened but if she wants to get anywhere with Travis, and she is going to have to have Will's help, I think; she is going to have to realize how her actions effected Travis and not just in the obvious ways. Travis needs to realize that Will is the kind of guy that will always be there for him; but he isn't going to support him in a knee jerk reaction. He is going to do it because it is the right thing to do and because of how much he cares about Travis. Travis needs to grow up some as well. Maybe he needs therapy, or more intense therapy then he is perhaps getting. Love the scenes behind the curtain so to speak at the Olympics. They really do resonate with a hint of reality that just rings ever so true. I wonder what Will, Travis, Marie, and JP will get up to in Athens. Great job, @Mark Arbour; can't wait to see what happens next.
  5. Fonith is not known for her patience. Let's hope that Quigley gets to Zigga in time; not that anything would happen to his family, but still. Quigley and Phentrom seem to have reached an accord. I do hope that he helps remove whatever is in Phentrom that is allowing them to track him.
  6. A delightful brunch with a Queen, what more could you possibly want. Sounds like a good time was had by all. That said, Fonith is getting impatient and I sort of bet that Quigley is as well.
  7. Only time will tell...
  8. Love this genre but one that is rarely explored and when it is; often not done well; but this list has some great stories. I still cry thinking about Gordy Comes Home...
  9. Well damn, this sounds like the scavenger hunt to end all scavenger hunts...
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 17

    Ah, so the God's have become involved in this tale as well as Kandric's tale. A fight worthy of this series and with some surprising results. I swore that I was not going to follow another one of these stories until it was finished, but this is just too damn good. Let's hope that the healing does all it was meant to; I have a feeling what is coming will be enough that everyone needs to be at their best. Tur is turning out to be someone that not only Adga but all the others can truly count on.
  11. Let's hope that Quigley is not that stupid. Never let your emotions get in the way; but of course, it is his family that he thinks has been taken.
  12. And don't just want to run read it now???
  13. centexhairysub

    Chapter 22

    Well, you knew the second the issue with the guard happened that it had to be something like that. The mining company is ruthless as are most big business today. They care nothing about anything that they do nor the people that work for them, it is all about the profit. This went better than I or anyone could have hoped for. Am I the only one that thinks the PM knows more than meets the eye? Can't wait to see what happens next.
  14. What an interesting start to this new story; it immediately captured by interest. Characters, or at least the main two, are fascinating already. Flowed exceptionally well. Can't wait to see what happens next...
  15. Here is hoping that their nefarious plan is foiled at the last moment and they get their due and just reward. Thanks for the look back...
  16. WOW, such a powerful chapter. I hope we get to see and hear more from Mark in the here and now. The writing was very crisp and flowed beautifully and was full of sorry and delight in equal measure. Can't wait to see what happens next...
  17. centexhairysub

    Chapter 4

    Well, while I love Greg's idea of the schools; much like Gareth, I am not sure how practical it will be. We can hope that it works out like Greg wants but that will be something we have to wait on and see. I think this meeting went much better than I anticipated; and glad that the Gareth apologized for the issue with the plane. And the ending; well that was just the start of something new. Can't wait to see how this plays out and who our young vampire turns out to be and what his story is...
  18. Can't wait to see what they are all about...
  19. A lovely little story about a man named Owain that goes homes for his father's funeral and to confront his past and how that decision changes so many things in his life. Truly interesting characters, some from the past, that you never really get to know but they are still compelling how their decisions still reverberated with what was happening in the now. Well written and the pacing was first rate.
  20. A nice end: but not everything sewn up so some can be left to our imaginations. Not a bad way to end the story. I am glad that we know that everything is progressing and that all of them seem to be moving forward with their lives. Thoroughly enjoyed these characters and would not mind a follow up sometime in the future. Loved how realistic so much of this was; you could see all of it really happening to someone you knew. Can't wait to see what you are up to next.
  21. Some great stories, but for anyone that has not read " In the Shadow of the Dragon " you are missing out...
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 21

    Well, this got interesting really quickly today. I love how the politicians like to think that what they view as the common good; should always prevail, but have you noticed that in the last few decades, the common good has become the corporate good? The PM was really shocked about how Malcolm and those with him at the sites have turned against the project. This is just unheard of as you don't have those in that position go against the Ministers that head their departments. Love how Auntie Arika was able to grab the attention of those assembled and got them involved by having her and Woorawa sing the protest song and add a little dance to it. What was the guard up to? And who was the person/persons behind his actions? Great chapter and can't wait for the next one.
  23. centexhairysub

    Chapter 3

    I thought everything in this chapter was handled really well. But I do appreciate the warnings; this allows those that might have issues to be ready or to prepare themselves. I am wondering if I missed it and just can't remember; what exactly is this building project about? I skimmed a few chapters but can't find a mention of what it all involves. I can't wait for the dinner with coming up; I don't know why, but I think it will be revealing on more than one level. I already had issues with Viscount Manhattan, and this did nothing to alleviate them. If you bump the Viscount off, do you move up? LOL Can't wait to see what happens next, great job.
  24. Will mark this down as something to get to soon.
  25. Amen, sister, Amen. Phentrom is all that and more.
×
×
  • Create New...