Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. centexhairysub

    Chapter 21

    It has always amazed me the treasures that can be found in small towns. Often overlooked and often even those in the town don't realize what they have. In many small towns across the country, there are many libraries that have collections that can often yield real finds. Items that were given in the distant past that have not just a monetary value but a intrinsic value to those that care about the past. I often wonder what all has been lost by those thinking they are getting rid of "trash" that did not understand what they were throwing away.
  2. centexhairysub

    Chapter 20

    Enjoyed the deeper nature of this chapter, and it was very well written. The flow was excellent and really felt that you touched upon some very important points and in a way that makes the reader really think about what was flowing across the written page.
  3. centexhairysub

    Chapter 19

    I love the emotions that just seem to flow through your chapters. You weave the feelings of nostalgia and magic through words and remembrances in such a powerful way. Love that song, it set a mood that made the readers understand how powerful the emotions truly were.
  4. Very well written and developed story, the descriptive nature of some of the chapters were truly wonderful. Westerns are a genre that does not often find itself being plumbed by gay authors or have content that is gay centric in nature. I have never understood this but Headstall has provided a prime example of what a talented writer can do with the setting and genre. Story was well developed but moved along at a good pace. There was just enough background information provided in a timely and encapsulated manner so the reader fully understood what the backstory was and how it related to what was being played out. It was easy to care about the characters and there were several that I could see deserving of stories of their own. The authors prose in describing the natural setting of the story truly draws one into the time and place of the story. I could easily have read a story twice this length with these characters. Bravo...
  5. Truly loved this brief glimpse of what was coming for these two. I hope they continue to find happiness and joy all their long long lives. This was truly well written and the pacing and character development was first rate. I loved the descriptive nature of some of the chapters, just love nature and can't imagine how magnificent it was back then. Do hope you decide to write another western, the genre can prove to be fertile ground for so many stories but is often untapped, especially when it come to gay content. Bravo...
  6. I am going to hate it if anything has happened to S'fyn. I hope this is just a coincidence that he was chosen to go out with F'drun. I really would not mind if F'drun ended up in molten lava. Sort of glad that Kylara and Prideth, I wonder what would happen if two different Gold dragons gave conflicting orders??? We know that Ramonth is the senior Gold dragon, but would that make a difference? I really don't think that anything but F'drun's death will stop his scheming. He is just too full of himself and seems to believe that he deserves everything he wants, no matter how he gets it.
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 31

    Excellent update, and the replicant is right. Baldric has too many other concerns and will need the replicant to play his part on the estate. I love how Kotik acted about King Morcant, it was just perfect... I am not sure what game Abigail is playing with the Princess; I just hope it doesn't backfire on everyone. Sounds like the Princess is already handling about all she can handle with her idiot family.
  8. D'gar sort of understands what is going on and how he should feel, have to feel a little sorry for Rina. Wonder how she will take M'rell and S'brin being together. Wonder if S'brin sensed M'rell's dragon was close and helped his dragon choose him...
  9. centexhairysub

    Chapter 33

    OMG, Doris is my new hero... What a wit and a wonder.... I honestly can't believe that Fergus would be stupid enough to strike out at Sawyer, that is the one thing to insure that Jimmy will never willingly follow him like a good little soldier. This chapter was just perfect, can't wait for the next update...
  10. Thoughts and good wishes going up....
  11. Even with the discussion of certain messy issues; this was just sweet. With the exception of maybe the love of a parent for a child, nothing beats true love for making you feel that everything will work out and everything is just as it should be... Wouldn't mind a book two for this story either...
  12. centexhairysub

    The Full Story

    Oh, all hell is about to break loose... I just hope nothing else happens before they get there...
  13. Really enjoyed this book, there will be a second one coming per the author. It was well written and the pacing and flow of the story was first rate. The character development was better than average and there was some unique takes on were creatures that I had not found in other stories. My one issue with the book was that a couple of the story lines got mentioned and then just never resolved; but perhaps they will be in the second book. Recommend for anyone that enjoys were creature stories or those with mages and magic.
  14. Well, the end of this book came out of no where; good to shake things up some though. If Yakob is the one that taught Stefan, have to wonder how old he is. Glad this book ended with a get together, of course a few were missing, but most of the main group were in attendance. Flowed well, and the ending to the book actually felt right. Now we get to look forward to Yakob training Vincent; as well as Vincent going to New York and the three challenges that await him there. Keep up the great work.
  15. Could Taran be coming into a new power, after having his others for so long? Keeping secrets from those you truly love is never an easy thing. In this case there is a reason, but that doesn't make it any easier. Taran's right though, and letting Ronnie's dad know about the two of them would make it easier to explain why Ronnie isn't at home as much. Excellent update, can't wait for the next one...
  16. centexhairysub

    Complications

    Good chapter, flowed well and very well written. That is one think that I don't understand, why doesn't those in charge limit the ones that can rise and chase after a dragon when it is a really young rider. It seems like it would be like raping a child, even if the child wants it in the midst of the mating flight. That is one thing that has always bothered me...
  17. A wonderful chapter, filled with many delights. I am so glad that Cyrus and Kaplan have found each other. I can't wait to maybe see them in New York dealing with issues there; plus, isn't Vincent suppose to visit New York? Love how Mason and Vincent interact and how their wolves interact with them. The thought of Mason going under Vincent caught me really off guard, but sort of hot. I love how Vincent is able to take ideas from so many people and put them into practice with his abilities. But I do think he needs much more practice and needs to integrate his wolf and even the hybrid into this fighting style before going after Stefan. The bald monk is starting to turn up in unexpected places, still haven't decided about him yet. Can't wait to see what you do next with this story.
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 32

    The whole time that I was reading this chapter, the following quote kept running through my mind... “The idea of bringing someone into the world fills me with horror. I would curse myself if I were a father. A son of mine! Oh no, no, no! May my entire flesh perish and may I transmit to no one the aggravations and the disgrace of existence.” ― Gustave Flaubert
  19. Really enjoyed this chapter; and Corker was a hoot. I don't think I trust Mr. Lemon, and I would advise the boys to watch out, he might prove to be a sidewinder was well. Trained horses were always in demand in the old west. Glad to see they are thinking and not trying to bite off more than they can chew in getting ready to start this life. A man with a plan succeeds much more often than those that just try to wing everything.
  20. centexhairysub

    Half the Story

    I really wish that D'gar would have completely opened up with Lessa about what he knows. F'drun might not be in the all alone, could be more involved then anyone realizes. Forewarned is forearmed. This is going to upset some; but I think it will be for the best. Some of the old rules need to be back in place. Great job, this chapter just flowed so well.
  21. I would think that the loss of reason and being forced to act only according to instinct would be very hard for someone like Vincent that works to make his life orderly. At least we know that Vincent can access his magic on all of his forms.
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 31

    I can't believe you did that to us.... I cannot fathom the amount of tension and even anger that these two are feeling. The fear of losing your mate, someone that you were destined to love forever must be impossible to comprehend.
  23. I demand at least another 63 chapters for this story. That is the very least that is acceptable. That being said, On my God was that hot.... The passion and feelings of first true love just leapt off the page. The writing and flow created such a truly magical moment that it was just near perfection. They may have trials and tribulations but this chapter convinced me that they will be together until only death separates them. Bravo...
  24. centexhairysub

    Visits

    First thought was that when H'reck is back in the south, that F'drun will try to determine who gets him if his dragon rises. I know that F'drun is being used to keep the story in suspense; but his behavior is starting and continued existence is starting to be more annoyance than plot device. I honestly would have thought F'drun's dragon would have repudiated him, after all, the dragons act for the betterment of all, not their riders... Have to admit that I never thought about how if D'gar takes the new position, the people at Fort might react to him. I do agree that the leaders of Benden are probably to blame for the attitude of the holders and others, they should have been more forceful all along, guess it was hard to do when the time between falls were so long though. Excellent writing and the flow has been really good the last couple of chapters...
  25. Like the very young, Vincent and his wolf tried to do things that they were not ready for; this is what happens when you try to rush blindly ahead. I assume that being in the hybrid state means that neither the wolf or Vincent is in control at the moment. Yikes, we need another update immediately.
×
×
  • Create New...