Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Singer - 11. Summer Plans

Following his win and exit interview, Chipper joined a waiting Aslan backstage. The two repeated the embrace they had shared in front of the audience.

“I’m sorry, bud. That’s the second time Adam pits me against a friend. I hate this shit.” Chipper was truly sad to see the man go.

“Mahalo. I’m cool. No doubt in my mind you were the best one out there tonight.” Aslan’s lopsided smile made his face light up. “Look at it this way. I got to meet some awesome people like you. I got to work with Adam. And hopefully, someone took notice and will come calling.”

“Great attitude, dude. Wanna grab a drink? I have a flask in my backpack. Let’s score a couple of sodas and find a quiet spot. I want to talk to you about something in private.”

While changing and removing their makeup, they found out Bliss had won her contest. Chipper was delighted for her but knew she would be a formidable adversary in future rounds.

Although done for the day, neither one desired to venture too far from the soundstage. They wanted to find out who else would move forward. Aslan returned to the dressing room with two soft-drink cans. “Where you wanna go, bro?”

“It’s gorgeous today. Let’s get some fresh air. We can sit on one of those concrete bumpers in the parking lot and talk.”

The moment they stepped outside, bright sunlight made them reach for their sunglasses. Nodding at the security guard, Chipper steered them away from the entrance. They found themselves a quiet spot and sat on the ground with their backs against the building.

“So, what did you wanna talk about?” Aslan opened the cans, poured out some of their content, and held both out so Chipper could refill them from his flask.

“You’ve heard some of my story and how I ended up in DC. When I moved to Washington, I hit the friend jackpot. I landed in the middle of a group of great guys who’ll be around for the rest of my life.”

“The ones you mentioned have ink matching yours.”

Chipper absentmindedly rubbed the tattoo on his left arm. “That’s them. The Squad. Anyway, one thing I learned is friends, real friends, stand with you through good and bad times.”

“Sounds like a great bunch.”

“They are. I hope you get to meet some of them. Listen, you mentioned before that this little adventure was your first time outside Hawaii. You want to be on Broadway, but you’ve never been to New York.”

“One day soon, I hope.”

“Let’s make it sooner than later. You’re my friend, and I want to help. I want to pay forward what my buds have done for me. If you have no summer plans, I’ll be in the City while we’re on hiatus. Come with me. You’ll have a place to stay for free in Manhattan, we’ll sightsee, hit a few shows, and I’ll introduce you to some people who may be able to help you.”

 

Chipper ignored his phone while talking to Aslan. He had texted his family, The Squad, and the two guys he met at Coachella. It was a simple missive “Won the round. On to the live shows.” When he finally looked at it, he had replies from most of them. His parents he would need to call, so he postponed it until later. His sister and the guys back east, he sent short messages. Bryce and Zion asked him to call.

“Dude! We knew you would kill it! Gratz!” Zion sounded as excited as Chipper felt.

“Thanks. It was scary. The guy against me was damn good. But I’m in. What are you two up to?”

“At the gym right now. What about you? Let’s go celebrate tonight.”

Chipper thought it would be fun to hang with the two pretty boys again. There might be no sex involved, but he suspected it could happen. “I need to stick around here until they’re done taping for the day. Where do you want to meet?”

“We’ll text you the address and time. Congrats again, dude.”

 

EZ on Santa Monica Boulevard was tiny compared to other West Hollywood lounges Chipper had been to. Darker and quieter, it was probably the closest thing to a dive bar you could find in Los Angeles. Before he could say hello, Bryce handed him a lime wedge and a shot glass. “Drink.”

The tequila went down smoothly, and the guys went through greetings. “Damn! That’s the way to be met when you walk into a bar.”

“You deserve it, singing boy.” Zion waved a hand at the bartender. “What do you want to drink, Chipper?”

“Margarita on the rocks.”

The bartender grinned when Bryce raise three fingers. “Salt?”

“Yeah, what the heck.” Chipper took a stool and the couple sat to either side of him.

“You’re done for a while, right?” Zion inched his stool a little closer. “We want to hang out with you. Maybe have an encore of our time in the van?”

“I’m in.” Chipper nodded vigorously. “It’s like school. I have the summer off. We have to be back here when the broadcasts start in September. They try to arrange something like a concert in people’s hometowns once the public knows we’re in. Not sure what they’ll organize for me.”

“Do you have plans for your vacation? Bryce and I are spending a few weeks in North Africa. A couple of photo shoots in Tunisia and lots of sightseeing. You should fly out and enjoy some time with us.”

“Wish I could guys. Money’s tight. The rents are still helping me out, but I don’t want to take advantage of them. I’m spending the summer in New York. I lined up a couple of gigs to make me some money.”

“Okay… What are you doing this weekend? Wanna come to a hot pool party in Malibu?”

Copyright © 2019 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 63
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



1 hour ago, pvtguy said:

As long as reaction (emotionally) is accompanied by reflection (reason), one can hopefully avoid actions which could have disastrous results.  Still, sometimes the biggest mistakes prove to be the greatest opportunities for growth....just an observation.  I'm not saying Chipper acts totally impulsively without any reason...still, he is an impetuous young man at times.

You expect too much from someone Chipper's age! I sure as shit wouldn't have been able to deliver. Took me a while longer to stop being a teen.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Great chapter; I live to see Chipper planning to help out Aslan in New York. That’s how he makes friends for life. And then to see Bryce and Zion again, that’s an additional treat! Thank you. 

We get more Bryce and Zion in the next chapter

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

:whistle: I just got done telling two different people I write feel-good stories. What could happen at a 'hot' party at a California beach house?

Yeah right Carlos. 😂🏳️‍🌈

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 10/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

@pvtguy

Chipper reacts to how people act around him. He was ready to kill his brother-in-law but is willing to go out of his way to boost Aslan's career. That to me is the mark of a good person.

Is Aslan cute? Is chipper thinking with his small head? 😂

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..