Jump to content
    Ethan
  • Author
  • 11,145 Words
  • 6,131 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Noah and Jordan - 22. Chapter Twenty-Two

Mature content below.

*** JORDAN ***

The eager anticipation, the burning desire, the lustful glances. The soft caresses, the devious smile, those mischievous eyes.

He torments me. With each calculated move he plays with my soul. He knows how to push my buttons. And oh, how he pushes them. Again, and again, and again.

I have to restrain myself from pouncing on him as we stand in the doorway. My body yearns for him. He is the antidote that I so desperately need. And he is not making this any easier. He brushes his hand against my arm as we move my bags inside. He places his other lightly on my lower back. He licks his lips. Neither of us says a word. The sexual tension is thick in the air.

When the door finally shuts, I put my lips where they belong, on his. In the heat of the moment we somehow lose our shoes as we make our way to the bedroom. A shirt goes flying here, jeans over there, and before we know it, we are both naked, worshiping each other in bed. This is the moment I have so eagerly been waiting for. And tonight, I’m going to indulge.

My lips and hands explore his skin as if they are returning to a familiar, yet different place. I can feel a change in myself; my body screams with more confidence. I am more relaxed, more at peace. My moves too are not as thought out. I go with the flow, inch-by-inch-by-inch. But every now and then I change my pace, move somewhere else, press harder, softer, longer. My only goal is to pleasure him repeatedly. After all he is not just anyone; he is the guy I love.

After I've thoroughly pushed all his buttons, I make my way to his beautiful cock. Standing tall, majestic, waiting. As I lick his shaft, entrap his manhood in my mouth, I do so with ease. I brush his balls with my hands as my mouth devours what I have longed for. I then move my fingers to his hole, which after a few weeks feels tighter than before. I slowly work to open it back up. He shudders and sighs, and calls out my name. The word I've wanted to hear for too long.

Then it is his turn. He emulates my moves, but with his own unique twist. He is very slow, very determined. He is not rushed, though I can tell he is eager to have me in him, or well, be in me. He teases me as warm sensations take over my skin, and then moves onto a new spot. He spends a lot of time on my nipples, as he washes over them with his tongue. They are erect and red, bruised by his attention. As he makes his way down to my dick, he often stops and looks deeps into my eyes. He smiles ever so slightly as his eyes drop back down. Out of all his moves this one gets me the most. Its the sign of deep happiness within him, and knowing that I am the one giving that to him sends a rush through me like no other.

When he finally gets to my dick he is no longer as slow. He licks it from all sides, massaging it in his mouth. He laps his tongue around, each time adding a different amount of pressure. He moves his tongue over the head, and then down the shaft in quick succession. It’s perhaps the best blowjob he has ever given me. When he looks back up at me, I know what I want. Even though I’ve wanted to fuck him for weeks, right now I want him inside of me. I need him inside of me.

He crawls down the bed and stands up. He places me near the edge, my legs dangling over. He grabs a bottle of lube and continues to work on my ass, opening it up ever so slowly. I dont wince in pain this time, only shut my eyes and start to tilt my head back. When he moves his fingers out of my ass, I open my eyes and look at him with a sinister smile. He nods ever so slightly, and I know he is ready. And so am I.

I move my legs around his waist as he positions his dick against my hole. He puts his hands on my legs and pushes in. I gasp. He moans. After weeks of distance and misery, I finally feel that wonderful connection with him. We're back. Stronger than ever. He pushes in slowly, fucking for the first time, more than just his boyfriend, but his lover. As he enters me, I feel a different type of passion. I feel I am a part of him, a connection of him. He fucks me for what feels like eternity. Each thrust is long. Each thrust is hard. Each thrust is pleasurable. He leans down and kisses me, all the while continuing to enter into me. There really is no better feeling. When he is close to the edge he stops. From the look in his eyes I know what he wants. He needs to feel me inside of him. I don't object.

——— 

For a moment we stay still. I stare into his soft hazel eyes, wondering what is going through his mind. There is an emotion in them I can’t really describe. I can tell he is happy, but there is something else. He seems at peace.

I rub my hand against his under the sheets. His lips curl into a smile. I smile back at him.

“That was amazing,” I say. The sex was phenomenal, perhaps the best we’ve ever had. I’m not sure if it was the time apart, or because that was our first time since we said ‘I love you’, or because we are living together, but whatever the reason, there was a spark in him I have never felt before.

“It really was,” he agrees. “I'm still surprised you’re here. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back early? I could have prepared.”

“I wanted to surprise you,” I say.

“What made you change your mind about moving in together?” he asks.

“I never actually changed my mind,” I remind him.

He just gives me cut eye. “Sure, whatever you say. You totally backed out!”

“Well, we’ll just have to agree to disagree,” I say. I may not have said the words, but he is right. I did, sort of imply that I was backing out. “As to what convinced me, it was actually something you said.”

Something I said? He repeats taken aback. I don't remember saying anything all that important.

Well, sometimes even the smallest phrases can have a big impact. We were talking about writing our own destiny and taking risks. You reminded me that if I hadn’t taken a risk we would never be where we are today. If I hadn’t fought back against my initial fear, and my preconceived notion of who a man should love, I would never have started dating you. If we didn’t fight back then we wouldn’t be this far in our relationship. And if we don’t continue to fight, then we let the world win. And who in the end loses? Us.”

After my conversation with Noah last night, I realized it would be a mistake to give up this opportunity. He is worth every risk. I also only then realized if I wanted to leave my dorm without financial penalty, I had to get in all the paperwork by tomorrow before noon. Initially, I thought I had more time. But I didn’t read the rules correctly. So, I managed to change my flight to today, fly back, go to school and fill out the forms. I grabbed a bunch of my stuff, and then came over here. I’ll have to make another trip to get the rest tomorrow.

“So, what, is this you giving the world the middle finger?” Noah asks.

“Exactly. Fuck the world. Fuck society. Fuck them all. Every time we try to get closer something or someone gets in the way. First it was Sebastian, then Jenn, then us literally being apart, now Aiden. I figure it’s never going to end. There will always be something. And so, I thought, if we don't take this opportunity now, when will we? There will always be some obstacle in the way.”

“I'm very glad you decided to listen to my sound advice,” Noah says.

I pause for a moment, searching for the right words. I take his hand in mine. “Waking up next to you is one of the best feelings I’ve ever had. And I have the opportunity to have that feeling every single day, so why shouldn’t I take it? Why should I let other people influence me and take away something that will make me happy? This relationship is unchartered territory for both of us. I don’t know how we’re supposed to proceed or what all the logical steps are. As for rent, bills, cleaning, Aiden, all of that, I’m sure we can find a solution together. We’ve both taken many risks, and so far, they’ve all paid off. So, I figured let’s take another together.”

His smile makes his eyes sparkle. “I agree.”

And then theres also the super positive side of being able to have you wherever and whenever I want,” I say in what I think is my seductive voice.

Oh, really? Who said I was that easy? he teases me.

I let go of his hand and move mine down a bit further, brushing past his erect dick. I thought so. Is someone already up for another round?

He blushes, as if I’ve uncovered his big secret. “Perhaps a bit later, we should get up. Because you backed out, I didn’t make any room for your stuff, and I need to move some things around, and you still have to go back —”

I lean in and plant my lips on his. The best way I know to get him to stop talking. I've waited so long for today, I'm not just going to let this moment go.

“Dude, we spent three weeks apart, that stuff can wait for a bit,” I say.

Fine, half-an-hour.

“Deal. Now lets see what we can do with that hard dick of yours …”

I'll show him half-an-hour.

*** NOAH ***

The first thing I feel is his cool skin pressed against mine; his arm lightly touching my back, and his foot gently nestled against my leg. I turn to my side to find Jordan fast asleep, his hair flung over his forehead, his bare chest rising and falling. I still can’t believe hes here.

Even though we’ve only been back together a couple of hours, I can tell there is something different about him. He’s changed. He seems more confident, more secure. Lying next to him, hearing him breathe softly, I feel happy. Sure, it hasn’t all been easy. We’ve had our fair share of challenges to get here, but when I’m with him, I feel like none of that matters. All that matters is that we’re together. It surprises me how far we’ve come in such a short period of time. We haven’t even been dating for three months, yet here we are living together. I never thought I would be the type of person to make such a bold move. Even though I know this is fast, it feels right.

After we had sex a second time, we both fell asleep for the night. We were both just physically and emotionally exhausted. Now, I originally thought our first adventure in bed was great, but the second, honestly, wow, that was something else. The first was all about raw passion. It was about ripping off our clothes, and just fucking each other as fast and as hard as we could. Releasing all that pent-up energy, and desire, that had been building inside of us for weeks. The second though was different. It was slow. It was passionate; it was about feeling each other, about making love. And oh, Jordan made love to me. Fuck, was he good! I was in heaven. He was so sensual, so romantic. I didn’t know I could feel such pleasure. Honestly, I think everyone in this building could hear me moan, it felt that good. There was just something about him that I couldn’t resist. I almost want to wake him up and do it again! But I’ll let him sleep. We will have plenty of chances now that we’re sharing the same bed.

Now, because we fell asleep pretty early, I’m up around six in the morning. I quietly roll out of bed, change, and head out. I have a couple of errands I want to get done before Jordan wakes up. While it was a wonderful surprise, had he told me yesterday he was coming, I could have prepared!

I run to a nearby hardware store to grab curtains, a curtain rod, a storage unit, and a special gift for Jordan. My apartment is relatively small, but there is a den that I always intended to use as a study area. There is a desk there, but I rarely use it. When I return home, I dismantle it and move it to the side. From my closet, I quietly fetch an inflatable bed. I bought it when my sister visited last year. I inflate the bed, push it to the side, throw some sheets on top, place the storage unit at the side, and hang up the curtains to create a barrier. I’m surprised Jordan doesn’t wake up. I’m quite loud! When I’m done it actually looks like a separate room, albeit more like a cube. The thing is, Jordan has no need to ever use this space, or sleep here; his spot is next to me. But it’s a good idea to have a plan B, just in case Aiden comes over. The last thing I do is place my special gift in a box, write his name on it, and put it on the kitchen table.

Around nine o’clock, Jordan wakes up. He waddles shirtless and sleepily into the family room. He finds me sitting on the couch, reading the news on my phone.

“Morning,” he says with a yawn

“Morning, sleepy head. How did you sleep?”

“Best sleep in a while. You?” he asks.

“It was okay. Someone kept pulling the blanket!”

He just shrugs. “What can I say, you’re stuck with me now.”

That I am. Go wash up. I’ll make waffles for breakfast.”

“Just give me a second,” he yawns. I’ll come help. We’re a team, remember!”

“Absolutely.”

When he turns around, he stops. He sees the curtains. “Now I know I usually don’t pay that much attention to details, but I am quite sure that wasn’t there last night.”

“Ah, those curtains have always been there dude,” I say getting up.

“Ha, ha, ha, seriously, what’s up with the curtains?”

Go ahead, open it up and take a look, I say.

He looks at me like I'm the crazy one, steps forward and opens the curtains. He then looks back at me a bit confused.

When did you do all this?

“Just now,” I say. “What do you think?”

“Its um ... it looks like an actual separate room ... a really, really, really small one …”

Well, I hope you like it, because this is where you’ll be sleeping from now on.”

“Say what now?” He actually looks worried.

“Yeah, I figured you could use your own space, and I won’t have to share a blanket with you anymore. Its perfect.”

From his facial expression, I think he thinks I’m serious.

“Um … yeah … I thought that we would share …”

“We’d share a room?” I try to seem surprised.

“Yes …” he says hesitantly.

“I don’t know, two guys, one room, isn’t that kind of, you know, gay?” I ask.

“Isn’t that the point?”

I’ve had my fun. “Relax, dude. It’s only for show, just in case someone like Aiden comes over. You dont have to actually sleep here.”

And now he looks relieved. I knew that.

Of course you did, buddy.”

“Thank you, Noah, this really is amazing. But I feel bad for ruining your apartment —”

“Our apartment,” I say cutting him off.

“Our apartment,” he repeats after me. “But the thing is … I’m going to tell Aiden about us.”

“You are?” Now I’m surprised. “I thought you weren’t ready.”

“I kept telling myself I’ll wait for the perfect time, but there is no perfect time. If there was one, it was a long time ago. He’s my best friend. He’ll understand. And if he doesn’t … well, then that’s his loss. I just don’t want to waste the next four months hiding in this apartment. Or feeling nervous every time I see him that he’ll figure it out. His place is like a ten-minute walk from here! It’s best I just tell him the truth. He deserves to know. As long as you’re okay with that.”

“Absolutely, Jordan. I’m okay with whatever makes you comfortable. When are you going to tell him?”

“So, I have a plan. It’s bit a crazy, but you know, nothing I do can be simple.”

He goes through his plan. It’s not crazy. I can see the benefits, but also the flaws. It kind of seems a bit unnecessary, to be honest. I tell him that, and that no matter what, he has my support.

“I know I’m going through all these extra hoops,” he says, “but I think it will help.”

“I’m happy with whatever makes you happy,” I say.

“Thank you. And as for this den, I promise you’ll get it back soon.

“It’s fine. It’s here if we need it, and it gives you time to carry out your plan with Aiden in peace.”

“Where are you going to study?” he asks.

“I usually sit on the couch, or the kitchen table. We can move stuff around if you need a desk. It’s no big deal.”

“Honestly, Noah, you’re the best. Ill repay you whatever this cost.”

“It’s okay. I didn’t spend that much money. I had the bed from before. I bought it when my sister visited last year. The storage unit and curtains were not much. I didn’t buy good quality stuff because it’s not like you’re actually going to use this room ever.”

“True, unless we get into a fight or something then I …” he stops mid-sentence when he realizes what he just said.

Then what? Are you already planning our next fight? I tease him.

Never mind you.

Go wash up, I'll get started on breakfast. Then we should go and grab the rest of your stuff.”

“Sounds good,” he says.

I head off into the kitchen to make breakfast. Jordan joins me a few minutes later. Almost immediately he sees the box with his name on it.

“Dude, you really shouldnt have,” he says. “I can't accept another gift.”

It's nothing, just open it. I can see him hesitate. Just open it.

Jordan unwraps the package to find a house key. Thank you.

“I figured youd need that, it’s kind of important!”

“You really know how to spoil a guy,” he says to me.

“Dont expect something like this every day.”

“Oh, it’s too late now. Youve raised the bar way too high. I'm expecting a surprise every time I come home.”

“Oh, you'll get a surprise all right,” I laugh as I start to make the waffles. “Do you mind cutting up some fruits?”

“Absolutely.”

He grabs a banana from the counter, but then he looks confused.

“Knives are right in front of you,” I say.

“I knew that!”

“Of course, you did. Uh, can you grab some plates as well?” Again, he looks confused. “Jordan, youve been here several times, how do you not know where the plates are? No, theyre in the other cabinet. The one to your left. Your OTHER left genius!”

He just smiles back at me as I roll my eyes.

Love you, he says with a cheesy smile.

“Yeah, yeah, save it.”

Once we grab some food and settle in to eat, he tells me a bit more about where Aiden will be staying, where he’ll be working.

“Oh, and we still need to talk about expenses,” he reminds me as we finish eating. “When we get back tonight, we’ll make a plan.”

“Absolutely. We should also probably go over some house rules,” I say.

“Ugh, really? House rules? You’re so boring …”

Boring, eh? “I was thinking, how do you feel about implementing a rule forbidding you from wearing a shirt while at home?”

Say what now?” He was not expecting that.

See this can be fun. Next up, a rule about no pants.

———  

“Honestly, dude, how many hoodies do you have?” I ask Jordan as I pull another one out of a bag.

After breakfast, we both went to his dorm to finish packing. I then helped him move his stuff to our place. I started to make space for his stuff, while he went to drop off his keys. He’s now back and we’re putting all of his stuff away together.

I could probably use a couple more,” he responds.

“Can one person even wear these many hoodies?” I tease him.

Jordan has always been a rather casual dresser. Usually he wears a graphic t-shirt, a hoodie or a sweatshirt and jeans. Fitted jeans, I should add. I just assumed he didn’t have any button-down shirts. But he does! And nice ones too. I make a mental note of all of his clothes I plan on stealing. I’m a bit smaller than him so all of his clothes should fit! Woohoo!

“Some of us have style,” he responds as he shoves his t-shirts into a drawer.

“What are you doing?” I almost gasp.

“Putting my stuff away. Why?”

“Aren’t you going to fold those?” I ask.

“It’s too much work!” he responds. I just shake my head “Fine! I’ll fold them.

“I’ll help you,” I say. “Now I know why all of your clothes are always wrinkled. Do you even own an iron?” I don’t think I saw him pack one.

He just smiles. “Nope!”

“How have you survived all these years?” I ask.

He shrugs. “I get by on my looks.”

“Clearly!” I say throwing a sock in his direction. It hits him right in the head!

“Hey! I thought you were folding?”

“I can multitask.”

He really does have an eclectic arrangement of t-shirts. There are some with Elmo, Cookie Monster, or Mickey Mouse on them, and a bunch with random sayings. It feels like I’m folding clothes that belong to a tween. Not to say I’m not going to steal some of these t-shirts. I’m totally claiming that Cookie Monster shirt.

“Hey, you never told me how the rest of your trip was,” Jordan asks as we sit and fold shirts and socks. “You said everything wasn’t okay with your mom. Was she angry you didn’t go down right away to watch the movie?”

“Uh, yeah, she was. We got into a fight, actually.”

“What happened?” he asks.

I fill him in on how my mom found out through Emily, the girl she set me up with, that I was seeing someone back home, and how that led to our fight.

“I’m glad you stood up for yourself,” Jordan says.

“I was just so angry. At her, at you. But I didn’t handle it very well. So, I ended up apologizing to her.”

Why? You had every right to tell her how you feel.”

I did, but she’s my mom, and I was rude. And I did lie.”

“I get all that, but she was wrong. She shouldn’t have interfered in your life. I don’t think I would have apologized.

“I know. I apologized because I was leaving soon and I didn’t want to go on bad terms. We did though have a long talk before I came home. I told her why I didn’t tell her I was dating. I explained to her that sometimes shes just a bit too intense and intrusive. She said it was because she loved me, and is worried about me. I told her I understand that, and I appreciate that shes looking out for me, but sometimes it’s a bit too much. I told her that I can handle some things on my own. And that sometimes I need some space. And that even if I do fail, that’s not a bad thing. It’s part of life and learning who you are. And she surprisingly agreed. She promised she would take a step back and try to be better. She also promised she will no longer set me up on dates without asking first. My brother also called her out on that. He also had a long talk with her as well, which helped. She actually apologized for the ambush date. She admitted that was wrong. So, I’ll take that as a win.”

It’s good she realized her mistake. And I hope she’s true to her word,” Jordan responds. “I also hope that she knows just how good of a son you are.”

“She does. Both of my parents do. And they’re good parents too. But more importantly,” I say, what the hell is this?”

I’m holding what has to be the ugliest Hawaiian shirt ever in the history of all shirts.

“It’s a shirt,” he says. “It’s nice. You don’t like it?”

“Um …” I don’t want to be mean, but I’m not going to lie. “Not particularly.”

“Oh, well, I was going to wear that on our next date,” Jordan says.

“You should definitely do that.”

“Relax, I won it during frosh week. I know it’s hideous. I meant to donate it. But I forgot. But now, I’m so wearing that on our next date.”

“Hey, fine by me. But if I decide to walk two steps behind you, then you know why,” I laugh.

“Oh, I know why. You just want an excuse to check out my ass. Pervert.”

“What can I say? It’s a nice ass.”

Later that night, after we finish putting all of his stuff away, we sit down to have a proper conversation about how we manage to live together. We talk about chores, cleaning, cooking, and finances. As for chores, we agree that we each should pick up after ourselves. Jordan promises he will try, but asks for leeway when he forgets to pick up his socks, or other items. He’s not used to hanging up his clothes when he gets home, but he will try. I assure him I will give him space, and that I’m not that much of a neat freak. He doesn’t have to do it right away. But I tell him his dirty dishes shouldn’t be sitting in the sink for two days, either!

We also talk about cooking. I offer to make most of our meals, since I enjoy cooking, but he says that wouldn’t be fair. Hes busy most nights with work, labs, volleyball, but he says he should help out the nights hes at home. Or, that we should cook food for the week on Sundays. As for the nights I cook, he says it only makes sense that he cleans the kitchen. I tell him we don’t need to be so formal. We should just see how things go the first few weeks, and maybe we will just fall into a rhythm.

Our last conversation is on the most difficult topic, money. I know its a sensitive issue for him. And while I want to be helpful, I also want to be respectful. We eventually come to an arrangement on how to divide bills. It works out that I will cover about 60 per cent of the costs, and he’ll get the other 40 per cent. I know hes not super happy that its not equally split, but I tell him it’s okay. The difference isn’t huge. And sometimes you need to accept a little bit of help from those you love.

“And again, Jordan, nothing is set in stone. We can always revisit all of this stuff later to see if its working or not working. We’ll make this work.”

“We will. Thanks, Noah. And speaking of money, how about we go waste some right now on a fun night out. Last free night before school starts!”

“I like the sound of that. And hey, you can wear that Hawaiian shirt.”

“I think I’ll keep that for a special occasion,” he says. “Besides, I don’t think the world is ready to see just how fabulous I’d look in that shirt. It wouldn’t be fair to everyone else.”

“Uh-huh, yeah, you go with that,” I laugh.

*** JORDAN ***

It’s the sound I hate the most. The sound of the alarm clock. It signals an end to my blissful sleep. And the worst part, it’s only seven in the morning! Noah has class at eight o’clock, which is why he’s getting up so early. And so, here I am, lying in bed, grumpy since I had to wake up too; a disadvantage of having to share a bed with someone else. It doesn’t take him long to get ready. He just throws on whatever he can find, runs his hand through his permanently messy hair, quickly devours a bowl of cereal, and runs through the door.

I try to fall back asleep, but I can’t. Instead, fully awake, I stay in bed, thinking about the last few days. Noah and I haven't really gotten into any sort of routine yet. It’s Wednesday, and we’ve only been living together for a couple of days now. It will take us time to adjust. Both of us are still pretty tired. We arent getting that much sleep at night, if you know what I mean. Hey, a guy has needs after being away from his boyfriend for so long! I'm sure that will calm down too soon, but I hope not too soon.

While being able to go to bed with Noah is an obvious perk, the best part of living together is just being around him and trying new things. Last night we had a nice hot steamy shower together, which was amazing. Then there is also the simple stuff, leaning against him while we watch television, laughing while we make lunch, even sitting together and eating in silence. It’s nice to just be close to him, especially since it looks like this will be a busy semester. Noah has mostly morning and afternoon classes. My lectures are mainly in the afternoon, with some labs later in the day and evening. Plus, add in work, volleyball practice, games and away games, I’ll be busy!

I'm also proud to say we haven’t had any fights yet. I’m being extra careful to remember to pick up after myself. Noah is a bit of a neat freak, and I am the exact opposite. When I get home, I usually throw my clothes on the dresser, or on the floor. Noah puts them in the hamper, or hangs them back up. I’m trying my best to do the same, but sometimes I forget, or get lazy. A few times this week I’ve left my socks, my bag, my sweater, a glass, in the family room. I usually remember to pick everything up before going to bed. Sometimes I forget. One time I did, and Noah ended up throwing my socks into the hamper the next day. I apologized. He laughed. He said it was okay. It wasn’t a big deal. I have to say, he has been true to his word that he’ll be patient with me, and he has!

Speaking of cleaning, since I’m up, I might as well tidy this place up a bit. I broom the floor (not that it needs to be broomed) and vacuum (again, not that it really needs to be vacuumed). Noah keeps this place quite clean! But still, I want him to know I’m putting in an effort too. Also, since I have the time, and I’m trying to save money, I decide to make myself lunch, instead of buying it at school. But when I walk into the kitchen, I notice a container with a note placed on top. I have no idea when, but Noah packed me a lunch before going to school this morning. This is why I love him!

The rest of the day is rather ordinary. I only have two classes today, and I’m done relatively early. During my break, I meet up with John and Caleb. It’s good to catch up with them, to see how they are after the holidays. And now that I’m done for the day, I’m on my way to see Aiden.

This will be the first time I’ve seen him since he arrived on Sunday night. I was at the airport to pick him up. It’s always nice to have someone waiting for you when you arrive in a new city. We didn’t spend too much time together. I just made sure he knew where he was going, helped him grab some food, and then took off. I promised him once he was settled, I would show him the neighbourhood, and some of the tourist sites. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to put my plan in motion. This is step one on my road to coming out to Aiden.

We start in the core of the city, stopping at several places along the way. We make our way north as we search for a place to sit down and eat. Aiden points out several viable options, but I tell him I have something better in mind. I do. The place is great, but I have an ulterior motive. I take Aiden through the Gay Village. I want to test the waters, and see how he feels about homosexuality. So, I figured I'd take him to the heart of the village and see if he reacts negatively. He doesn’t say anything. He either doesn’t notice, or doesn’t care.

So, what do you think of the city so far? I ask when we sit down to eat.

“From what I've seen so far, its really nice. The city is beautiful; really clean, the people are friendly, helpful with directions, since I keep getting lost. There is a lot to do here, and good food options too. I'm really liking it so far.”

Yeah, this is a good area to eat, I say trying to bring attention to the neighbourhood.

“Cool. I'm assuming this is the gay neighbourhood —”

Good evening guys, I'm …”

Dammit! What awful timing for the waiter to drop by! Ugh, I have the worst luck ever. Though, the waiter is cute (not sure why that matters). My master plan is ruined. He explains the specials, gives us our menus, takes our drink order, and walks away.

So, Aiden says, how is school?

And that closes the previous conversation. Great. Now on to attempt number two.

Fine. Same as usual. Hey, do you watch the show 'Modern Family'?”

Yeah, its really funny, he says. Though, it was better before. Now its just okay.

“Yeah, thats true. Phil is pretty fun. What do you think about Mitchell and Cam?”

“They’re okay,” he says.

Hmm, the gay couple is just okay. Does that mean something? I don't get to ask a follow up question because he changes the topic and starts to talk about something else.

“Hey, have you seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix?” I don't know why the only gay-related themes I can think of are television based. Clearly, I should have prepared before I came here tonight.

“Yeah, I have. I really liked the first season.”

Yeah, it was good. Titus is really funny.

“He is, but he’s a bit too over the top sometimes. I really like Jacqueline. The actress who plays her was great on 30 Rock.”

Again, the gay actor is over the top, which is true. But does that mean something?

Okay guys …” the waiter says walking over to our table.

Oh, you have to be kidding? Really? Again! The waiter has to come NOW with our food! Maybe this is just fate. Maybe this is a sign that I should just drop this conversation. Midway through our dinner I get a text from Noah.

“I have a nice, hard present, waiting for you when you get back home tonight!”

I cant help but let out a little laugh and smile. I text him back: “Can't wait!”

Noah is hanging out with Jenn tonight. Not sure why he’s texting me about sex. Jenn must have made some sort of inappropriate comment. And that reminds me, we haven’t used that dildo yet!

Girlfriend checking up on you? Aiden asks.

Sorry? I say looking back up at Aiden.

Is that your girlfriend checking up on you?

“Oh, um, yeah.” I know I should tell Aiden there is no girl, but I just need a little bit more time. I need to know what he thinks about homosexuality first. But so far, that plan is not going very well.

How are things going with her?

Good ... actually really good. Dammit! Again, I can't help but smile and blush a bit.

“Whoa, are you blushing, dude? Ive never seen you do that before over a girl. Holy crap, youre really falling for her, arent you?”

“I've never felt this way before about anyone. When were together I feel ... I don't know how to describe it but ... I feel ... happy. It just feels right, you know what I mean?”

“Dude, youre in deep. Do you think maybe she’s the one?”

Again, I can't help but smile. Maybe.

“Maybe my ass, your face is giving you away. Dude, this is awesome! It’s too bad she couldnt join us tonight.” I told Aiden that ‘she’ is busy.

“Yeah, but soon. I’ll set something up.”

The rest of the dinner goes by without me finding a clever way to bring up the topic of homosexuality again. When we reach the door, I’m about to part ways with him, since I live in the opposite direction. I guess it wasnt meant to be. No, screw that! I'm going to try one more time.

“I'll see you later,” Aiden says.

Wait, I'll walk you home.

“Don’t you live down there somewhere?” he asks pointing in the direction where I live. How does he even know that!? Since when did he become a pro with directions?

“Yeah, but that’s fine, I'll walk with you. Dont want you to get lost.”

“That’s all right man, you don’t have to. It’s cold. Go home.”

Its okay, trust me.

“Whatever,” he says.

Okay, you can do this Jordan. You really need to do this.

So, this is the famous gay village.

“Really? I couldn’t tell what with all of those rainbow flags.”

Whatever, smart-ass. So, what do you think?

About what? he asks.

About the village.

“Um ... its nice, I don't know.”

“Do you find it offensive?” I ask rather unsure. Im not sure how Im supposed to frame that question. How does one ask their best friend if they’re homophobic?

Why would I find it offensive? he asks confused.

“I dont know, I wasn't sure what your position is on homosexuality ... maybe you’re against it …”

“What? Why in the world would you think that? I'm more liberal than you are!

“So, you’re okay with it?”

“Obviously! People should be free to love whomever they want to love. It’s no one else’s business. One of my good friends in Australia is gay. Didn’t I tell you about him?”

“No,” I respond.

“Yeah. We even went to pride together in Sydney. It was a lot of fun! I got hit on by a lot of guys. Made me feel good about myself. But wait ... why ... do you have something against people who are gay?”

“Me? No ... no ... I dont. I was just wondering ... anyway, I was thinking next weekend I can show you some more cool places in the city …” I try my best to change the subject.

“Sounds good, Aiden says.

He doesn't have a problem with homosexuality. Of course he doesn't have a problem! I'm such an idiot to think he would! It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my chest. I can tell him now. I can tell him the truth. The idea of telling him sends a shiver down my spine. It could also be because of the cold wind. The idea of coming out to him excites me and makes me nervous as hell at the same time. But I think I can do this. I just have one more step in my plan, and then I will tell him. I can do this.

Thanks for walking me home,” Aiden says when we reach his building. “I'm here safe and sound. Do you want to come inside for a beer?”

Um, no man, another time. I should get home; I have class tomorrow.

Suit yourself. See you later.”

“See you.”

I’m so happy I could dance my way home. I don’t. I’ll save my energy for Noah. Oh, we’re going to have so much fun tonight!

*** NOAH ***

What in the world is that? Jenn asks pointing to the infamous curtain in my living room.

“That would be the spare bedroom.”

“The what now?” Jenn doesnt ask permission to see whats behind the curtain, she just pulls it to the side.

“I made it for Jordan, just in case Aiden or someone else ever comes over. They’ll think he actually has a separate room. Its just a safety precaution really.” Jordan is actually out right now with Aiden.

“Makes sense. It’s a pretty small room though!”

“Yeah, it’s not meant to actually be used.”

“Well, unless, you and Jordan get into a fight. Then I know where he’ll be sleeping!” she laughs. “How is it going anyway? Any fights yet?”

“No, no fights, knock on wood. So far, it’s been great. We’re still getting used to living with one another. Right now, everything is exciting and fun. Once that wears off, come and ask me how I feel.”

“Give it a week and you’ll hate each other,” she laughs.

“Probably.”

It’s been interesting living with Jordan these past few days. Everything is still new and exciting. We haven’t really gotten into any sort of pattern or routine; that will take time. For both of us this is the first time living with someone else, excluding our own families. So, we’re still figuring out how to make this work for both of us. And so far, it’s working. When I’m done school for the day, I actually look forward to going home because I know he’ll be there, or that he’ll arrive soon. That’s not to say I didn’t like living alone, I did. But it’s nice not having to eat dinner alone. Or just to have someone to cuddle with when watching a movie. Though, sharing popcorn sucks! He eats all of it! The best part is having someone warm to sleep beside at night. Though we havent been sleeping all too much.

Has Jordan been picking up his stuff?” Jenn asks.

“Yeah, he’s been really good,” I say. “And I just have to remember that people do things at their own pace. Not everyone is going to pick up their stuff as quickly as I do. I just need to give him some time and space. That’s part of living together.

“That sounds very mature of you,” Jenn says. “But I’m sure you’re burning up inside sometimes!”

I laugh. “Yeah, sometimes. It takes patience. For example, when I get up, I make the bed. But because Jordan leaves after me I can’t. The first day when I got home, the sheets were all over the place, the blanket was half on the floor. So, I made the bed. It honestly was no big deal. I didn’t say anything to him. But the next day he made the bed before he left. So, he’s learning. And, of course, I’m not perfect either. I’m sure I do things that irritate him. We just have to get used to each other’s quirks.”

“Or die trying.”

“I love how you’re so positive!”

“It’s my best quality,” she says with a smile.

“I know it’s only been a few days, but I feel like I’m getting to know Jordan on a much deeper level,” I say. It’s true. You really get to know a person better when you live them.

“Uh-huh, I know what that means. The two of you are fucking like non-stop.”

Her bluntness still catches me off-guard.

“Wouldnt you like to know.”

“Please don’t tell me you did it on the couch I'm sitting on,” she says with a smirk.

“We actually did, all night long, right in that spot where you’re sitting,” I smirk back.

Oh, that reminds me, did you use my present yet?”

Oh God, now we’re talking about dildos.

“Not yet.”

“What are you waiting for? I thought you would have shoved that thing you know where the moment I left!”

“Honestly, Jenn, do you not have any boundaries?” I don’t know why I even bother asking.

She just laughs. “You know I don’t! Well, now that Jordan is back you can try it on each other.”

“Why? We both come equipped with the real thing, you know.” I too can be inappropriate! “And I’m pretty good at using mine.”

“Ah, does that mean Jordan is now the one on the receiving end,” she smiles.

Dammit. Not that he would be ashamed if Jenn knew, but it’s still something personal between us.

“Wouldn’t you like to know. Anyway, it’s clear you’re not drunk enough, can I get you more wine?” I ask her to change the topic.

“Sure.”

The conversation was making me feel both very uncomfortable and sort of horny at the same time. When I step into the kitchen, I send Jordan a text message.

“I have a nice, hard present, waiting for you when you get back home tonight!

He texts me back. “Cant wait!”

I’m not sure how, but for the rest of the evening we manage to have a much more appropriate conversation. We talk about school, classes, our holidays, my mom. Jenn also thinks my mom is way too intrusive. I don’t disagree.

A short time later Jordan returns home. He sits down beside me on the couch, resting his head on my shoulder.

Awe, you two look so cute together,” Jenn says.

Thanks. I'm exhausted,” he says. “It's been a long day. We walked half the city.”

“How was your night with Aiden?” I ask

“Good. I showed him around the city, we had dinner.”

“And did you get a chance to gauge his views on homosexuality?” I ask. I told Jenn he is thinking of telling his friend.

“It took me a while, but I did. He’s perfectly fine with it.”

That’s so good to hear,” I say.

“Yeah, he has a gay friend in Australia. He’s been to pride. He’s totally on board.”

“That’s awesome. I’m really happy for you. Though, my offer still stands. If he’s not okay I’ll totally beat him up for you,” Jenn says.

“Thanks, Jenn. But I don’t think any violence will be necessary, Jordan responds.

“You know my number if you change your mind,” she says.

A short time later Jenn gets up to leave. That is after both of them make fun of me. It seems like that is becoming a regular thing. I’ll need to see an end to that!

“I’ll see you two clowns later,” Jenn says at the door.

“Night.” I say shutting it when she leaves.

Man, I’m exhausted,” Jordan says getting up from the couch. “I’m going to go change then lie down.”

I walk over to him and grab hold of his arm. I lead him back to the couch and push him down. I then start to take off my clothes.

Here? he asks.

“Yep. Unless you’re too tired.”

“I’m never too tired for that,” he says with a smile.

“Good. Because I want it hard. Dont ask why.”

Whatever. Fine by me.

——— 

I’m nervous. I don’t know what to wear! What does one wear for such an event? Even Google doesn’t seem to have the answer, and Google knows everything! I want to seem casual; I’m going to Jordan’s first volleyball game since the winter break. But it can’t be too casual, because after we’re going for drinks. That’s where I’ll meet him. I need to impress him. But not like overly impress him. I don’t want it to look like I’m trying too hard. A polo maybe? Or just a nice shirt with jeans? Or a sweater? A cardigan? Ugh, why are there so many options!

I wish Jordan was here. I could use his help. Though, he’s usually not very helpful in these matters. I would ask Jenn, but I don’t have an hour to waste on the phone with her right now. So, I’m on my own! As I flip through my wardrobe, I hear the front door open.

“Honey, I'm home!” Jordan yells as he walks in.

“Honey?” I repeat rather amused walking into the family room.

“I've always wanted to say that to someone when I came home.”

“Do you think Im the woman in this relationship?” I ask him as if I’m annoyed. I’m not.

“No, I didn’t um, mean it like that that, I was just uh …” he says nervously. He is starting to blush. He looks so cute when he gets nervous.

“I'm just messing with you, man. It’s fun to see you dance on your feet. But dont call me honey. We talked about that!

“Noted. You’re not ready.

“Neither are you! And you stink.” Jordan just came back from a run. Why he went for a run just a few hours before his volleyball game is beyond me. It seems counterproductive. But he says it helps. Besides he is also nervous. He really wants tonight to go well. He wanted me to come with him on the run. But I told him instead of helping, a run would make me feel worse.

“I’m just going to take a quick shower. I’ll be ready in like ten minutes tops. We have to leave soon.

This is the second part of Jordan’s master plan, introducing me to Aiden. Jordan feels the two of us should meet before he tells Aiden that I am actually his boyfriend. He feels if Aiden already knows me, it won’t be as weird when he finds out the truth. I argued all of this is rather unnecessary, especially since Aiden has no issues with homosexuality. Plus, he might be annoyed that he was led to believe I was just Jordan’s roommate, when in fact, we are so much more. But for some odd reason Jordan thinks this will help. So, I’m going along with his plan. I’ll meet Aiden, and I’ll try to win him over. Or, I’ll make a fool of myself. Who knows! But no pressure! He’s only Jordan’s best friend since childhood. No pressure at all!

“Now remember when we meet Aiden you cant ogle or drool over me. I know that will be really hard for you not to do, but you’ll need to control yourself.”

I just give him cut eye. “Really? Drooling over you?” What a guy. “Someone sure is cocky today.”

For you honey, he emphasizes the word 'honey', I'm cocky every night.

“Yeah I know. Don’t be lame. Go take a shower!”

“I need a hug first,” he says moving closer towards me.

“No,” I say putting my hand up and stepping back. You’re all sweaty. Stay away!

He smiles. “That’s why I want a hug.”

“Don’t you dare, Jordan Young.” I say trying to be stern.

“Or what?” he says moving forward

“Or … I’ll totally make fun of you in front of Aiden.”

Fine.” But then before I know it, he lunges forward, and wraps his arms around me. He plants a wet kiss on my cheek. “I just had too.”

“Get off. Oh, I hate you sometimes. And stop wasting time. Go shower!”

“Love you too!”

What a guy.

While he showers, I return to the bedroom to go through my wardrobe. I still have no idea what to wear! I don’t want to be too formal. But I don’t want to be too casual, either.

“You ready?” Jordan asks ten minutes later, as he enters our bedroom, a towel wrapped around his wet body.

“Almost. I just can't find anything good to wear.”

You're not trying to seduce Aiden, just meet him,” he teases me. “What you’ve taken out is fine.”

I don't know.

“Its only Aiden. He won't care what you wear.”

“I know, but not every occasion calls for a hoodie. You could wear something nice too!”

He just shrugs. “It’s only Aiden.”

“Give me a few more minutes, I say.

Fine, but be quick.

I end up wearing this dark blue shirt. Its not too formal, but not too casual either. I throw on a pair of black fitted jeans, and a cardigan. I think I look smart, yet friendly and approachable.

“Is this okay?” I ask walking out into the family room.

“You look sexy as always,” Jordan replies.

“Liar.”

“Honestly, you look great.”

“Shall we?” I ask once I’ve put on my coat and shoes.

“I just have to do one thing before we go.”

Jordan gives me a long and hard kiss.

What was that for? I ask.

“I know tonight you’ll be dying to touch these lips, so I thought I would satisfy your needs before we go out.”

I just give him a really dirty look as I shake my head. “Uh-huh.”

“But seriously, I really appreciate that you're trying to impress Aiden for me. Just don't impress him too much. Youre still coming back home with me,” he says with a grin.

Hmm, we'll see about that. Aiden is kind of hot.

“Hey, no checking out my best friend. Eyes only on me,” he says.

“Yeah, yeah. Now we should really get going. We’re late!

When Jordan turns around to open the door, I grab his ass with both of my hands and squeeze hard on his cheeks.

He turns around a bit shocked. Oye, what was that for?

“Just satisfying my animalistic needs before we go out.” I say with a grin.

“I've created a monster.”


*** JORDAN ***

Normally, I always feel at ease when I’m around Aiden. We laugh, make fun of each other, and no one ever gets offended. Tonight though I don’t feel that way. Perhaps for the first time I’m actually a bit nervous. I really want him to like Noah. I figure it’ll be good if they meet and get to know each other before I tell Aiden he’s my boyfriend. I think that will be easier. But who knows, I could be wrong.

Here is the plan. I had a volleyball game tonight. Unfortunately, Aiden couldn't make it because he had a work event, a dinner for the new interns. So, he is going to join us now for drinks when he is done. My teammates, a bunch of my friends, John, Caleb, and of course, Noah are all here. I figure Noah and Aiden can get to know one another tonight. If it all goes well, I’ll meet up with Aiden this weekend and tell him the truth. If it doesn’t, then I’ll reevaluate my plan. I hope it doesn’t come to that. It won’t.

As for the game, it went well. Even the minor annoyance acted relatively tame tonight. That annoyance would be Sebastian. I saw him yesterday at practice. It was the first time since Noah told me about their talk at the library. But he was civil, and so was I. Even though every muscle in my body wanted to punch him again. I didn’t.

As for myself, knowing my boyfriend was cheering for me, fired me up. I took that energy onto the court and had a great game. My hits were perfect; I didn't miss a single ball. I got a number of points off of spikes and blocks. I even managed to save a couple of bad hits by Sebastian. My teammates were clearly happy, and so was the coach. It didn't take us long to annihilate the other team.

“Don’t worry, I know Aiden, he’ll like you,” I reassure Noah as we wait for Aiden to arrive.

“I hope you’re right. Hey, is that him?” Noah asks.

It is! Hey, man!” I say waiving Aiden over. “You made it!”

“I did!”

“It’s good to see you! Aiden, this is my good friend and roommate, Noah.” Soon I will be able to say boyfriend instead of good friend. “And Noah, this is my mediocre friend, Aiden.”

Its nice to meet you, Aiden says shaking Noahs hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” he says.

“And you’re the mediocre friend! Aiden says to me. “How was your game? Sorry I couldn’t make it.”

“It’s okay. It was good!”

“You probably sucked,” Aiden says.

“I was awesome. Ask, Noah! He was there.”

Noah just shrugs. “Mediocre, I’d say.”

Aiden laughs. “I like this guy already! How do you two know each other? Are you also studying life sciences with Jordan?”

“No, my major is history.”

“We had an English class together last semester,” I say. “We worked together on a project and became friends. And um, he had a spare bedroom at his place, and I really hated living in my dorm, so I just moved in with him.”

“Nice. Though, not really for Noah,” Aiden says. “I feel sorry for you.”

“Why?” Noah asks rather curious.

You have to live with this ogre, Aiden replies.

I’m not an ogre!” I say in my defence.

“Do you even know what a hanger is, or a hamper?” Aiden asks.

“Yes, smart ass,” I say.

I can see Noah laugh. He is clearly enjoying this.

“Well then use one!”

“Youre not any better, if I recall,” I say.

Have you two lived together before? Noah asks.

“No,” Aiden replies, “but I practically grew up with this guy. I was over at his house all the time. And honestly you could never find the floor. It would be covered in clothes.”

“I'll have you know I'm more organized now,” I say trying to defend myself.

Noah just laughs.

“Well, I guess not,” Aiden responds. “Clearly, some bad habits live on.”

“How are you liking the city so far?” Noah asks.

“It’s great,” Aiden says. “The city is beautiful. People are friendly. Yesterday after work I went for a walk just to get familiar with the area. There are so many restaurants I want to try!

“Aiden is a bit of a foodie,” I say. “So is Noah. He’s also an amazing cook.”

“Really? Any places I have to visit before I leave?” Aiden asks Noah.

The two then start talking about food and all the great places to eat. Noah is talkative and engaging. Aiden is, well, he’s Aiden, he’s always talkative. I’m so happy!

“Oh, do you like chocolate?” Noah asks.

“Who doesn’t!” Aiden replies.

“There’s this really good place nearby. You can’t actually hold the chocolate in your hands for that long, not even a minute, because it will start to melt right away. They give you these little baskets to use. And they make Gelato as well. Best I’ve ever had,” Noah says.

“That sounds great! Now I want some. Screw it, let’s ditch Jordan, and go get some chocolate,” Aiden laughs.

“It’s unfortunately closed for the night, I think.”

Awe, that’s too bad. But yeah, we should totally go while I’m here!” Aiden says.

“Absolutely.”

And now they’re making plans together! My master plan is working!


*** NOAH ***

Aiden genuinely seems like a great guy. It’s super easy to talk to him. He is very outgoing, and friendly, but also a mellow and down-to-earth guy. I can see why he gets along with Jordan. The two constantly make fun of one another. But they don't take it personally, they know it’s only a joke. Even the manner in which they joke, their references, it’s clear the two have known each other for a long, long time.

At some point in time, Jordan excuses himself to use the washroom. I know why he leaves. He wants me to have some alone time with Aiden. I always find it easier to talk to someone one-on-one.

“So, you said you two met in an English class, right?” Aiden asks.

“Yeah.”

“I find that really surprising.”

“Why?”

“Jordan hated English class in high school. He would always complain, never paid attention, would always want to skip class. Then he’s asked me for my notes!”

I can’t help but laugh. “Yeah, he still does that.”

“Really?”

“Yep. Our English prof hated him, yet he still managed to get an A. I don’t understand!”

“That’s the thing, as I’m sure you know, Jordan acts like a fool half the time, but he’s actually really smart. If only he used all that energy on school, there’d be no stopping him. I can’t tell you how many times he got me in trouble at school. We spent a lot of time in detention together.”

I don’t find that surprising at all. “What kind of trouble?”

“Oh, nothing serious. Stupid things. He just doesn’t know when to stop talking!

That’s true. So, pretty much he’s always been a bit of a clown.”

“Pretty much. He’s always been this carefree, and even though I bug him about it, it really is his best quality. I thought maybe he would grow up a bit when he moved for school, but clearly it doesn’t seem like he has.”

“I guess not.” His carefree attitude is what I also love about Jordan at times. Though, not always. Something one needs to be serious!

As we talk, I notice Sebastian walk by. He’s walked by us a couple of times now. I just wish he would go away.

“Is it just me,” Aiden says leaning in closer, “or does that guy keep looking at us?” He’s referring to Sebastian.

“Pay no attention to him,” I say. “That’s the team captain, Sebastian. We don’t like him.”

“Oh, right. Jordan told me about him. Yeah, he seems like a douche.”

“Total douche.”

The fact that Aiden also hates Sebastian, makes me like him even more.

“So,” Aiden says, “can I ask you a weird question that you promise not to tell Jordan about?”

Um … okay.” I don’t like the sound of that, and I hate keeping secrets from Jordan!

Have you ever met his girlfriend, uh, whats her name again …. um … Samantha! Yeah, have you met her?

Oh crap. Jordan told me that he told Aiden he was dating a girl. But not what he said about her. I don’t want to say anything that will contradict what Jordan has said.

I don’t have to say anything. Jordan decides to join us again at that very moment.

“What are you two talking about?” he asks.

“Oh, nothing,” Aiden says.

I excuse myself to make a phone call. I told Jenn that we’re going for drinks. I figured since she knows everyone, she’ll have fun. I can’t imagine Jordan will mind that I invited her as well. But she’s not here yet.

“Is he as hot as he looks?” That’s how Jenn answers the phone.

Obviously, we Facebook stalked Aiden! So, she knows he has brown hair, that’s a bit long and wavy at the top. That he is fit, muscular, but not overly muscular. While he looks great in his pictures, he looks even better in real life.

Really? No hi, or hello, or how are you?

“Yeah, yeah, I don’t have time for that. I want details, pronto.

What details? It’s going well. Aiden’s a good guy.”

“That's good. But you never answered my question. Is he even hotter in real life?

“Why does that ever matter? You’ll see him soon. Where are you even?”

Be there in ten. And it matters.”

Fine, hes okay.”

“Okay? Noah please, I already know you're gay. Its okay for you to check out other men. And okay is not an answer.”

Fine, hes good looking. Happy?

“No, but I’ll take it for now. I’ll see you in a bit!

“Bye!”

*** JORDAN ***

I knew there was nothing to be worried about! I knew Aiden and Noah would get along. Both of them are great guys. I know how to pick good friends and boyfriends. But still, I needed tonight to be perfect, and so far, it is!

“You seem in a really good mood tonight,” Noah says to me when we’re alone for a moment. Aiden just went to grab a drink.

“I am. I had a great game. You and Aiden are getting along. Everything is perfect,” I say with a huge smile. “What more could a guy ask for?”

The problem is all happy moments have an expiry date. Mine was coming up in just a few seconds. It was completely my own fault. All of it could have been avoided. If it wasn’t for just one really stupid mistake I completely forgot about.

“Hey! You finally made it,” Noah says to Jenn as she walks into the crowded bar.

You know me, I'm not one to miss a party.

“I hope it’s okay, I called Jenn,” Noah says to me.

“Of course! The more the merrier!” As I’m talking Aiden, John and Caleb join us. “Hey, let me introduce you to my best friend,” I say to Jenn. “Aiden, I want you to meet —”

He doesn’t let me finish. “Of course, I know who she is! Its such a pleasure to finally meet your girlfriend! Hi, Samantha, my name is Aiden,” he says extending his hand out.

What? Why does he … oh crap. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

It hits me like a pile of bricks. The lie. The picture.

Fuck.

Well, I think most of you saw that coming! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Copyright © 2018 Ethan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 8
  • Haha 29
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Noah, Jordan, time to fess up to Aiden, and do it fast, or you're really going to be sorry! (Remember when you tried to perpetuate the lie with Jenn!!!  Please show us that you've learned from your mistakes....) A shit-faced smile, followed by a quick admission of the truth and a lip-smacking kiss ought to do it. Then, Jenn can kiss Aiden, and you can all go out for dinner. (Jordan and Noah will be eating crow.) 😅

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Ugh I get from personal experience not wanting to be direct and beating around the bush when coming out to a friend though that seemed ridiculous. Even after finding out Aiden is ok with gay people Jordan still couldn’t just tell him and then he forgot to mention to Noah about using Jenn’s picture. I knew as soon as Noah was talking to Jenn about her coming that a massive load of drama was about to come their way. If it wasn’t for all the other guys being there and Jordan not wanting to come out to them the best thing to do right now would be to say “Sorry man, I lied about that photo. This is Jenn who isn’t my girlfriend as I’m actually dating Aiden.” but we know that likely won’t happen. Thankfully he told Noah that he lied to Aiden about dating a girl so he should realize that the mistaken identity is linked to that and shouldn’t get jealous/suspicious, though Jenn is going to be majorly confused. Jenn’s a smart girl though and will probably go along with the lie as she’s liable to pick up on why he thinks she’s Jordan’s girlfriend. Even if she doesn’t go along with the lie that they are currently dating the fact the two of them did date in the past means the truth of them being exes will just have Aiden thinking there’s a new girl Jordan didn’t tell him about. Overall Jordan just needs to come clean ASAP but I doubt that’ll happen.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Loved this chapter!! It explained the guys' train of thought in the previous chapter a little more in depth and put some things in perspective that might have been a bit unclear.

The ending kills me! I so badly want to know what happens next!!! 👍👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Holy shit, bugger, be damned....the small hole he was covering has just been exposed.... the fun really starts now!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
19 hours ago, bubby1234 said:

That last bit made me smile, also i think that Aiden likes noah you know what i mean😉

🤔

 

19 hours ago, JBR1977 said:

Good chapter, definitely looking forward to see how Jordan works his way out of this. Will he go with “This is actually Jenn, Samantha’s twin sister” or the truth? 😜

If this was a soap opera she probably would be her twin! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, now is the time to come completely clean. Tell Aiden; it will be okay. There’s no smooth sailing here, so just get it over, and enjoy the eventual smiles. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter. I can imagine Jenn having fun with this like a cat playing with a mouse. She is really going to make Jordan squirm if he doesn't tell the truth.  😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 1/7/2019 at 12:55 AM, travlbug said:

Noah, Jordan, time to fess up to Aiden, and do it fast, or you're really going to be sorry! (Remember when you tried to perpetuate the lie with Jenn!!!  Please show us that you've learned from your mistakes....) A shit-faced smile, followed by a quick admission of the truth and a lip-smacking kiss ought to do it. Then, Jenn can kiss Aiden, and you can all go out for dinner. (Jordan and Noah will be eating crow.) 😅

Eating crow instead of humble 🥧?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The end was a big whoops 😬, I am glad that the next few chapters have already been posted. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yes another great chapter Ethan. Was dying to hear how Jordan would eventually let Adrian know. It needed be a private affair in a controlled environment that both could walk away from if things didn't go well or Adrian just needed time to process.

Instead Jordan has contrived the worst situation possible where everyone he knows is there and he forgets about the Jenn connection.

Jordan couldnt have managed a more public coming out party, if he tried.

The four of them need to bail to someone private and Jordan needs to come clean to  his lifelong friend: Adrian. Anything less risks insulting Adrian as being regarded as an untrustworthy  friend and the last person to know. That would about end their friendship.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

:rofl:  I totally forgot about him sending Jenn's picture until the last minute :facepalm:  I was thinking that Aiden and Jenn would make a great couple, but now there's a giant wrench in the works.  It will be fun to see him get out of this one :rofl: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..